Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 75 of 75
  1. #61

    Default

    Dick Grayson’s introduction in 1,940 nearly doubled the sales of Detective Comics and led to Batman # 1 which featured Robin on the Cover so no one gets to say Dick is dependent on Batman for exposure especially when you include his NTT run.

  2. #62
    Incredible Member Armor of God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    I don't need to make any effort because the irony is dripping from your posts without me trying to look for it.

    And I don't need anyone to ask for my "personal opinion" because I'm free to share it if I wanted to.



    Batman isn't a real person who worked hard to reach the top, he is fictional character who had many people working hard and putting so much effort on him to become a powerful brand and I believe the company which he belongs to and worked hard to make him stay popular are entitled to use one of his many books to give exposure to their other characters. Enjoy and let others to enjoy too.
    And you're just being needlessly petty and personal. Please go chill somewhere.

  3. #63
    Incredible Member Rise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    799

    Default

    Tell me to not make it personal and then call me petty and telling me to leave. Like I said, the irony is hard to miss.

    Thanfully, I'm not a person who get affected with what people say behind their screen and I will post wherever I want.

  4. #64
    Long Live The Phantom Aioros22's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    25 issues of current Outlaws
    12 for R/A
    42 for previous volume
    6 Lost Days
    6 Genesis
    91 issues and 2 or 3 annuals.

    Key word being supporting but the argument here is that Batman is now being used to keep other characters published.

    If he can do everything he does then he can certainly teach and besides he's mentored and influenced a lot more people than BL did. Pierce is there because DC wants to push him that's all and since they're doing it in Batman's book then yes fans are going to question it
    And Batman: Arkham Knight the comic including annuals.

    None of us get to decide what Batman can`t or can do. That ultimely is up to the writers and editorials. For most of Batman`s published tenure, he was never as much in the Justice League as he`s been in over the past decade, as well as International with Booster and adding to that the whole Batman:Incorporated and is clear that writers are figuratively taking his allies as an actual team franchise.

    Who they use in Batman`s stories is again, ultimely to the writers. If you don`t like it, you can vote with your wallet.
    White Tiger P.O.C
    https://vimeo.com/195242203

    "Take your clowns and get out!"
    https://68.media.tumblr.com/ec7a9a0c...e68o1_1280.png

    I don`t care
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FPkrddyP0v...s1600/02-4.png

    "Second star to the right... and straight on till morning"
    http://www.benreillytribute.x10host....BenGrieves.jpg

  5. #65
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Duke and Damian can't cruise around a school looking for a kid shooter unless the shooter happens to attend the same school as them.
    Correct I worded it wrong.

    They can go under cover. Like Tim did in Batman Seduction of the Gun.

    But what I don't get is those who say the family don't need Batman, that they sell fine and then complain when they don't appear in his books.
    Unless you mean Damian. Which makes sense since he is Batman's SON and should be roaming around in the book.

    Same with Duke when he was in the Wayne household yet some how managed to be MIA.

    If you live in that house-I expect you to be in the book beyond a cameo.

    Those who have solo or team books-don't need to be in Batman's book every issue unless it's story related. Which is the case most of the time.

    We don't see Harley pop up in this book every month.

    Now for Batwoman and others who don't have books-they SHOULD pop up more in Detective as story calls for them.

  6. #66
    Incredible Member Armor of God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Tell me to not make it personal and then call me petty and telling me to leave. Like I said, the irony is hard to miss.

    Thanfully, I'm not a person who get affected with what people say behind their screen and I will post wherever I want.
    You started an argument with me literally on the basis of an avatar. Dude you dont even know me but fine whatever, I'll leave you can stay.

  7. #67
    Long Live The Phantom Aioros22's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    He wasn't even the main antagonist of that comic even lol.
    The whole game revolves around his alias being the final boss and the comic does nothing to dispel that.
    White Tiger P.O.C
    https://vimeo.com/195242203

    "Take your clowns and get out!"
    https://68.media.tumblr.com/ec7a9a0c...e68o1_1280.png

    I don`t care
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FPkrddyP0v...s1600/02-4.png

    "Second star to the right... and straight on till morning"
    http://www.benreillytribute.x10host....BenGrieves.jpg

  8. #68
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Batman already has a solo title...go read that book...i ear that it sucks...LOL, what a shocker…
    Batman's solo stories have all been done to death !! literally everything !! all of his main themes, his moral code, his struggles to keep the Robins safe, his fights against his main villains, how many times have we seen all of that?? people are getting tired of seeing The Joker for him being so overused on the last 5 years alone !! the problem with Batman is that the mantle its always alot heavy for the next writter, and they can never bring in truly new ideas, because they have to keep the status quo, so basically they have to play with a certain amount of toys carefully not to break them...and the thing about copying a sucessefull stoy-arc is that chances are, the copy will not be as good...if anything Batman needs to have stories with more different characters, if anything to do something new...it might be fun for new readers to keep seeing the same old same old while for them its all more or less new...but for older readers, well...its gets tiring after the 50th time...

  9. #69
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    I don't think he's a mind reader. Remember he absorbed Black Lightning's abilities as well. From what it seems like, he has the ability to absorb peoples powers that he is hit by. Not sure if it is one at a time or he keeps them permanently though.
    Im waiting for the next issue to make my mind about the new villain, but so far it seems kinda cliche...

  10. #70
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    One loss to Red Hood and now to a Red Hood wanna-bee.

    Wanna-Kachu.

    Wanchu.

    This trope has been used before without the person in question being uber-skilled but I`m curious, where does it say that this guy is not skilled at all?
    Cass never lost to Red Hood lol it was later stated that she was holding-back (even more so, than the usual, which already is alot)
    Well, we dont know how skilled he is so far, its just my assumption that hes not very skilled...because its always like this, and i hate it everytime...one exemple was on BOP Shiva lost to a mind-reader, who it turned out not to be that much of a fighter, because when huntress realized what his abillity was she just stopped thinking and beat the guy up...same thing everytime...just wait and see…
    And i dont mind repeating cooler stuff sometimes, but this isnt cool, just lazzy-writting IMO...and it gest laughable because Cass actually has a degree of mind-reading and even emotion reading as well (although pre-flashpoint)

  11. #71
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    5,518

    Default

    Jeez This thread. Thank God it's looking more and more likely Tomasi going to be taking over Tec returning to a simplified [reduced] cast and focusing on detective stories.

    Cass and Duke have Outsiders.

    Tim has the Walmart TT.

    Everyone [except Steph] is accounted for so maybe fans will chill.

  12. #72
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    5,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I strongly disagree! Damian's gone undercover at least twice to infiiltrate school groups he doesn't belong to - Batgirl #17 (Stephanie Brown) and Gotham Academy. The Robins can be visiting students or friends or whatever!



    I disagree about Rebirth Tec not being balanced - I still think there's tons of great Batman moment. Admittedly, for me, a lot of them are Batman hugging the family (please note that I said a lot, not all). And I know that just infuriates the solo Batman fans more. But since I think solo Batman fans fundamentally misunderstand Batman in the larger, thematic context...and they do the same for me...eh.

    And I'm SO tempted to make a comment about how we'll have to see if Damian really does need Batman to be his father to sell...except there's no way that's actually going to change. I just think it's kinda hilarious.
    Damian went undercover at a time when he was attending school. Now he attends school so he can't go undercover to another school especially since Bruce enrolled him in school to counter the effects of this child solider lifestyle and make him more "Regular".

    With all due respect you know jack about how Damian will perform if he had a different origin and a different path.
    Feel free to make all the comments you want. He might be Deathstroke's son and he is still hot as shit unlike some who can't get onto page for love nor money.
    Last edited by dietrich; 07-18-2018 at 02:47 PM.

  13. #73
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    8,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Damian went undercover at a time when he was attending school. Now he attends school so he can't go undercover to another school especially since Bruce enrolled him in school to counter the effects of this child solider lifestyle and make him more "Regular".

    With all due respect you know jack about how Damian will perform if he had a different origin and a different path.
    Feel free to make all the comments you want. He might be Deathstroke's son and he is still hot as shit unlike some who can't get onto page for love nor money.
    With all due respect?

    Whatever.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews

  14. #74
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bat_girl_cc View Post
    Im waiting for the next issue to make my mind about the new villain, but so far it seems kinda cliche...
    Oh I'm not disagreeing with it being heavily cliche. I was waiting for Cass to kick a$$ and having a power absorbing villain was a cheap way to doing it. But story wise, it still makes sense how he did it. That's IF he's a power absorbing villain. I don't see how a mind reader could use black lightning's electricity powers. I've never seen that before in a mind reader.

  15. #75
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    8,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Oh I'm not disagreeing with it being heavily cliche. I was waiting for Cass to kick a$$ and having a power absorbing villain was a cheap way to doing it. But story wise, it still makes sense how he did it. That's IF he's a power absorbing villain. I don't see how a mind reader could use black lightning's electricity powers. I've never seen that before in a mind reader.
    I think the armor gives lots of different powers. Because it's alien tech!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •