Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 159
  1. #106
    CBB 4 LIFE Mr MajestiK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    There really isn't any need to have 616 Nakia synergized. She was only who she was in the movie because they couldn't use Storm, who is a far better match for T'Challa.
    In what freaking universe is Storm a better match for T'challa?

    That ship well and try sailed in the aftermath of AvX.

    Coates efforts to reunite the two characters isn't even acknowledged anywhere outside of the supposed BP solo.
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

    Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

  2. #107
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I'm guessing Dickey's story is the one where T'Challa saved Ororo instead of the other way around.

    If I did a Black Panther story, I'd re-imagine Killmonger as a more Doctor Doom or Kingpin-like character with his own rival nation to Wakanda and include some story-arcs where he has to hold on the Black Panther mantle for a while.
    yes that's correct.

    and that would lead to some major conflict for tchalla. another African nation with tech and abilities to counter the strength of wakanda. this would be epic in terms of the potential stories that could be told.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  3. #108
    CBB 4 LIFE Mr MajestiK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Well this thread went the predictable direciton
    You ain't never lied my Bro.
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

    Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

  4. #109
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    In what freaking universe is Storm a better match for T'challa?

    That ship well and try sailed in the aftermath of AvX.

    Coates efforts to reunite the two characters isn't even acknowledged anywhere outside of the supposed BP solo.
    it was acknowledged in xmen red actually.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  5. #110
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    what direction was that?
    A Storm centric thread.

    Thought this was about Black Panther and building up HIS world that does not need baggage from other franchise that need to get their house in shape or refuse to play ball with the others.

    So while a Wakanda school for mutants would be nice-we all know whose office would screw it up and send Namor to wash away the unworthy. That is if Black Panther hadn't cut his head off by then and taken over Atlantis. He and Naki have to have somewhere to vacation in the Winter.

  6. #111
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it was acknowledged in xmen red actually.
    So one time out of how many years since that marriage?

    What about all the other times when need to bash a man-that franchise used HIM? Not Hawkeye or Antman or Reed Richards or Cage or Venom or Deathlok, Scott Summer or Black Bolt. All the other guys who were married.

  7. #112
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    A Storm centric thread.

    Thought this was about Black Panther and building up HIS world that does not need baggage from other franchise that need to get their house in shape or refuse to play ball with the others.

    So while a Wakanda school for mutants would be nice-we all know whose office would screw it up and send Namor to wash away the unworthy. That is if Black Panther hadn't cut his head off by then and taken over Atlantis. He and Naki have to have somewhere to vacation in the Winter.
    this has not become a storm centric thread stop.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  8. #113
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    So one time out of how many years since that marriage?

    What about all the other times when need to bash a man-that franchise used HIM? Not Hawkeye or Antman or Reed Richards or Cage or Venom or Deathlok, Scott Summer or Black Bolt. All the other guys who were married.
    I'm not wanting to make this a stormcentric thread, but to your question coates put them back and storm is featured in two xbooks that were published since he announced that.
    one of the xbooks acknowledged them being together. I'm not sure what the issue is?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  9. #114
    CBB 4 LIFE Mr MajestiK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it was acknowledged in xmen red actually.
    That's nice.

    Funny how the X-office were so quick to literally throw Storm under Wolverine in the aftermath of AvX only to turn around and "acknowledge" T'challa in the wake of the Black Panther movie's domination of the global box office.
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

    Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

  10. #115
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yes that's correct.

    and that would lead to some major conflict for tchalla. another African nation with tech and abilities to counter the strength of wakanda. this would be epic in terms of the potential stories that could be told.
    Zanda has her own African nation. I don't believe they have ever demonstrated comparable tech to Wakanda, but if they could get an upgrade that might be something they might be able to tell a cool story there.

  11. #116
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    That's nice.

    Funny how the X-office were so quick to literally throw Storm under Wolverine in the aftermath of AvX only to turn around and "acknowledge" T'challa in the wake of the Black Panther movie's domination of the global box office.
    I just needed to set the record straight about her being with tchalla within the xbooks.

    the xoffices have did a great disservice to ororo and their representation of black people in my opinion. the way they hypersexualized ororo in an effort to devalue not only her but tchalla was one of the most offensive things i have seen as a long time reader of the marvel books. it was a concerted effort though which adds insult to injury. they (BP offices) wrote tchalla as an ass and the xoffices wrote her as a disrespectful and non-supportive wife. all of that is unfortunate and I'm very well aware of this. however, I'm not going to let the pettiness of the writers during that time affect my belief that the two most prominent black characters can work if written by a writer(s) who care about the representation of black love and the the importance of showing healthy interaction between black men and women. if this happens i could care less about global box office numbers and whatever else some bp fans need to sound off on to deligitimize what coates/yona have done to make this work. I know some bp fans are in their feelings and i get that but this is bigger than your feels, its bigger than me and i want this to work and will continue to fight for them as long as there is a writer who cares to do them justice.

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Zanda has her own African nation. I don't believe they have ever demonstrated comparable tech to Wakanda, but if they could get an upgrade that might be something they might be able to tell a cool story there.
    hmmm I dont know much about her when was the last time she was in a book? and how was her interaction wakanda and tchalla?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-12-2018 at 12:55 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  12. #117
    CBB 4 LIFE Mr MajestiK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    this has not become a storm centric thread stop.
    Stop what exactly?
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

    Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

  13. #118
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Stop what exactly?
    stop with the lies. when the poster made that comment a conversation was being held about tchalla.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  14. #119
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I just need to set the record straight.

    the xoffices have did a great disservice to storm and their representation of black people in my opinion. the way they hypersexualized storm in an effort to devalue not only her but tchalla was one of the most offensive things i have seen as a long time reader of the marvel books. it was a concerted effort though which adds insult to injury. they (BP offices) wrote tchalla as an ass and the xoffices wrote her as a disrespectful and non-supportive wife. all of that is unfortunate and I'm very well aware of this. however, I'm not going to let the pettiness of the writers during that time affect my belief that the two most prominent black characters can work if written by a writer(s) who care about the representation of black love and the the importance of showing healthy interaction between black men and women. if this happens i could care less about global box office numbers and whatever else some bp fans need to sound off on to deligitimize what coates/yona have done to make this work. I know some bp fans are in their feelings and i get that but this is bigger than your feels, its bigger than me and i want this to work and will continue to fight for them as long as there is a writer who cares to do them justice.



    hmmm I dont know much about her when was the last time she was in a book? and how was her interaction wakanda and tchalla?
    Last time we saw Zanda, she got in a cat fight with Storm while shopping at the mall right before Storm and T'Challa got married. She got jealous that Storm was marrying him (even though to my recollection she didn't show romantic interest in T'Challa prior to this).

    zanda7.jpg

  15. #120
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Last time we saw Zanda, she got in a cat fight with Storm while shopping at the mall right before Storm and T'Challa got married. She got jealous that Storm was marrying him (even though to my recollection she didn't show romantic interest in T'Challa prior to this).

    zanda7.jpg
    oh her. lololol. I'm not seeing her being much of a threat
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •