Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: New 52: Futures End, #1

Five years from now, the DC Universe is reeling from a war with another Earth, leaving the world unprepared for an approaching evil that threatens to destroy the future. Can a time-traveling Batman Beyond help a massive cast of the DCU's finest avert the impending apocalypse? Find out in this new weekly series that will forever alter the direction of The New 52! In this debut issue of The New 52's weekly series, Batman Beyond arrives five years later! Grifter turns against humanity! And a Justice League member DIES!
    ([a href="http://www.blastr.com/2014-5-2/check-out-exclusive-preview-dcs-new-52-futures-end-1" target="_blank"]via Blastr[/a])

Full article here.

This looks great. Batman Beyond, A.L.F.R.E.D., Hawkman with Stormwatch. I'm really glad DC got Zircher for this kind of project- he has done some great stuff with Valiant (and Flash) and has seemed to get better with every issue he draws

As sick as I am with the constant EVENT and FOREVERNESS of all this evil, that preview was real good.

hawkman with stormwatch sweet.BB and a A.I Alfred will proly be the fun part about this book

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS.

I am no longer worried about this title. It will be awesome.

Oh, is that the lady who was in Frankenstein Agent of Shade? Because I liked that character and was wondering if they would come back.

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    Oh, is that the lady who was in Frankenstein Agent of Shade? Because I liked that character and was wondering if they would come back.
    Looks like. I was excited when I saw her and Hawkman with Stormwatch. Batman Beyond with Al.I seems cool.Really looking forward to this.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    Don't get too excited. Considering the small glimpse we saw of Future's End #0 with what those cyborg's were saying and what Angela is saying... I'm thinking this whole team is screwed.

Either way, the preview looks good and I'm excited to see where this is going.

Hawkman's new costume is cool.

I'm not really a fan of John Romita Jr. I understand why he is a legend, but even when he was big his stuff just didn't do it for me. But...that variant cover is nice - it gives me a little more hope his work on Supes with Johns will be tight

This is not a knock against the book, but that is one beefy Terry. I kind of prefer him more slender.

The (rebooted) Savior Flash Gordon's Avatar

Yeah Terry is a bit too big, and now he has J.A.R.V.I.S...I mean A.L.F.R.E.D.

Much better preview than that abysmal looking issue 0. Kind of looks cool.
    Had a really nice marriage, but got retconned and now she doesn't even want to get coffee.

This actually looks way way better than I expected

Btw I just realized something

If Terry is the Batman Beyond from 5 years in the future
    and the original Terry was actually a son of Bruce(kind of), and it took place a couple of decades afterward
    that means that ONCE AGAIN, DC has given Batman a son in a completely unrealistic timeframe just like Damian.

I know the new Terry might have a completely different origin, in fact is almost certain, I just think is funny and curious

Quote Originally Posted by The Man From Room X View Post
    Hawkman's new costume is cool.
    kind of reminded me of the Hawkman from Smallville

Meh Just have Waller grow Terry in a tube.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldoaad View Post
    This actually looks way way better than I expected

Btw I just realized something

If Terry is the Batman Beyond from 5 years in the future
    and the original Terry was actually a son of Bruce(kind of), and it took place a couple of decades afterward
    that means that ONCE AGAIN, DC has given Batman a son in a completely unrealistic timeframe just like Damian.

I know the new Terry might have a completely different origin, in fact is almost certain, I just think is funny and curious

kind of reminded me of the Hawkman from Smallville
    Nah, Terry is still from 30-somethiing years in the future. He's just time traveling to five years in the future. It's like Terminator, but the present is different.

He def needs to be sleeker. I wasn't sure he was Terry until I saw that his chin was covered.
    Last edited by Kid A; 05-02-2014 at 10:15 PM.