Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

I am sure RED will continue after issue 12. Maybe just won't be so self contained. Or will start a crossover.

I hope it gets retitled if it continues. I'm over this whole color scheme thing. If they want to call teams of X-Men by colors IN the book, great. But I think it's been a stupid title. Just like Mr and Mrs X.

Needed to let off some steam with this post.

Well I guess i have to toss out my "bucky is nezhno's dad" mcu fanfic now.

I'm glad Nezhno is getting some development and wishing the other New X-teens get a shot.

X-men red is a good book and I'm hoping it continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    I believe it was conceptualized for 12 issues, with idea's to continue on if allowed.
    If it does I hope it at least accounts for developments IE Logan's return and Laura giving up the Wolverine name. It's going to get kind of annoying if she's going by Wolverine in one book, but X-23 in another for an extended length of time.
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Pull List
    X-23 Domino X-Men Red

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I hope it gets retitled if it continues. I'm over this whole color scheme thing. If they want to call teams of X-Men by colors IN the book, great. But I think it's been a stupid title. Just like Mr and Mrs X.

From a design perspective, I liked the color scheme idea. It made it easy at a glance to see what TPBs belonged together, and organize them on my shelves. They stood out at the shop and library too.

Blue and Gold had a strong history as they were team names, and Red was a cute nod to Jean's nickname.

Also, Uncanny X-Men felt old-fashioned to me, and calling X-Men Adjectiveless all the time to distinguish it was just clumsy.

However, I'm not a big fan of Mr and Mrs X as a title. It doesn't immediately communicate who the book is about, which makes it harder to market. I don't think Rogue would be a Mrs. Should have just stuck with the Rogue & Gambit branding, and maybe thrown on a subtitle.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post

Also, Uncanny X-Men felt old-fashioned to me, and calling X-Men Adjectiveless all the time to distinguish it was just clumsy.
    I never understood why people did that and I hated it. By calling it adjectiveless, you are giving it an adjective, which itself felt clunky to me. I always called the series either X-men or X-men v2 (later 3 and 4)

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post

You’re entitled to your own opinion of course, but I’m curious- what exactly is so bad about the color titles? I just don’t see what the fuss is about.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    You’re entitled to your own opinion of course, but I’m curious- what exactly is so bad about the color titles? I just don’t see what the fuss is about.
    It just feels lazy to me and not a book that warrants an ongoing. It's just how I feel about it. The titles give off more of a mini series feel to me.

Much like Mr and Mrs X
    Last edited by cc008; Today at 10:01 AM.

Isn't this the series that brought Rachel just to make her evil later so she can fight Jean?

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Isn't this the series that brought Rachel just to make her evil later so she can fight Jean?
    we dont know that yet

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    From a design perspective, I liked the color scheme idea. It made it easy at a glance to see what TPBs belonged together, and organize them on my shelves. They stood out at the shop and library too.

Blue and Gold had a strong history as they were team names, and Red was a cute nod to Jean's nickname.

However, I'm not a big fan of Mr. and Mrs. X as a title. It doesn't immediately communicate who the book is about, which makes it harder to market. I don't think Rogue would be a Mrs. Should have just stuck with the Rogue & Gambit branding, and maybe thrown on a subtitle.
    I didn't like the colored titles in the beginning and thought they were kinda childish, but they did grow on me. I do think an X-MEN SILVER title would've been cool to join the rest. I agree with you that the color scheme for trades is aesthetically pleasing.

I really like Uncanny, even if dated, as I think it's a nice callback to some of the best X-Men tales.

I think Rogue & Gambit: Mr & Mrs. X would have been an appropriate title, just as the first volume was Rogue & Gambit: Ring of Fire. (So Mr & Mrs X as the subtitle)

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I didn't like the colored titles in the beginning and thought they were kinda childish, but they did grow on me. I do think an X-MEN SILVER title would've been cool to join the rest. I agree with you that the color scheme for trades is aesthetically pleasing.

I really like Uncanny, even if dated, as I think it's a nice callback to some of the best X-Men tales.

I think Rogue & Gambit: Mr & Mrs. X would have been an appropriate title, just as the first volume was Rogue & Gambit: Ring of Fire. (So Mr & Mrs X as the subtitle)
    In a trade, that could always happen. Old Man Logan TPBs are titled: Wolverine: Old Man Logan to keep it connected with all the other Wolverine & Wolverine-adjacent titles out. I wouldn't be surprised if MMX's trade is marketed as Vol 2 of Rogue & Gambit.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя₯ Tycon View Post
    In a trade, that could always happen. Old Man Logan TPBs are titled: Wolverine: Old Man Logan to keep it connected with all the other Wolverine & Wolverine-adjacent titles out. I wouldn't be surprised if MMX's trade is marketed as Vol 2 of Rogue & Gambit.
    True. Though you'd think they'd just brand it as that given casual readers will have no idea what Mr & Mrs X is supposed to be. Plus it'll look better on the shelf next to Ring of Fire