Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 43 of 43
  1. #31
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    what's with DC and marvel these days? it seems both are taking leaves from each other's books. flash has teased a new villain "crisis" who is going to have a major impact and Nick spencer is saying the same thing is going to happen with peter.
    I think, because DC and Marvel occasionally share talent (outside of the exclusives), details are bound to get leaked to the other here and there.

    Annie and Jon were both a reaction to the other for example

    Rogue and Gambit getting married in an issue where Kitty and Collosus did'nt was a means of subverting the appalling outcome of Batman#50

    Peter and MJ getting together may be a reaction to the void that will be left by Bendis about to separate Lois and Clark for a whole year, as well as the long-term absence of Bat/Cat

  2. #32
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside, England
    Posts
    8,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Green Symbiote View Post
    Here's a crazy idea - what if Mephisto makes a deal with Peter and MJ to give their marriage/memories back in exchange for giving him back his seat in Hell?? Would certainly put a fascinating twist on "MJ and Peter against the world"...
    I doubt Mephisto will have anything to do with it, if Mephisto is involved somehow during Spencer's run I'd rather he not have another win like he did in OMD.

  3. #33
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I doubt Mephisto will have anything to do with it
    Are we really still doing this? Seriously?

    Spencer co-wrote Damnation, which featured Mephisto, and Mephisto has been appearing in other Spider-Man titles for the last two years.

    Come on, get some perspective and stop assuming nothing is happening.

  4. #34
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside, England
    Posts
    8,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Are we really still doing this? Seriously?

    Spencer co-wrote Damnation, which featured Mephisto, and Mephisto has been appearing in other Spider-Man titles for the last two years.

    Come on, get some perspective and stop assuming nothing is happening.
    I'm not ''assuming'' anything. I just have DOUBTS that it'll happen. I have ''perspective'' so no need for that slightly dickish part of your comment Miles.

  5. #35
    World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    879

    Default

    I would love it if Spider-Man just goes and beats up Mephisto singlehandedly. Or, even better - he could build some sort of suit/armor for MJ so that they can team up and beat the shit out of Mephisto.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

  6. #36
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside, England
    Posts
    8,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    I would love it if Spider-Man just goes and beats up Mephisto singlehandedly. Or, even better - he could build some sort of suit/armor for MJ so that they can team up and beat the shit out of Mephisto.
    I'd buy as many copies of that as my budget would allow

  7. #37
    Astonishing Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,018

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I doubt Mephisto will have anything to do with it, if Mephisto is involved somehow during Spencer's run I'd rather he not have another win like he did in OMD.
    The only reason I think they might go that route (if they do indeed address OMD) is because Mephisto is on the ropes right now. He lost control of his dimension and is desperate to get it back. He's hurting in a big way. In the grand scheme of things Mephisto I think would be willing to give up his "win" over Peter for control of his realm. Likely Mephisto can't do anything about the situation himself but perhaps a mortal pure of heart can (these are how such tropes often work lol)?
    "You'll never learn to fly now 'til you're standing at the cliff."

  8. #38
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    31,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    I would love it if Spider-Man just goes and beats up Mephisto singlehandedly. Or, even better - he could build some sort of suit/armor for MJ so that they can team up and beat the shit out of Mephisto.
    You had me up until "suit/armor" part .

  9. #39
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside, England
    Posts
    8,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    The only reason I think they might go that route (if they do indeed address OMD) is because Mephisto is on the ropes right now. He lost control of his dimension and is desperate to get it back. He's hurting in a big way. In the grand scheme of things Mephisto I think would be willing to give up his "win" over Peter for control of his realm. Likely Mephisto can't do anything about the situation himself but perhaps a mortal pure of heart can (these are how such tropes often work lol)?
    IF they ever address OMD during Nick's run than that COULD be a possibility, sure. As I've said earlier, I have doubts that they will but wait and see I guess.

  10. #40
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside, England
    Posts
    8,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You had me up until "suit/armor" part .
    What if blackspidey2099 swapped ''suit/armour'' with ''her up-to-now silent Spider Powers''?

  11. #41
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    31,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    What if blackspidey2099 swapped ''suit/armour'' with ''her up-to-now silent Spider Powers''?
    Still no .

  12. #42
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside, England
    Posts
    8,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Still no .
    Okay...What if she had a mic stand handy? Or a baseball bat?

  13. #43
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    31,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Okay...What if she had a mic stand handy? Or a baseball bat?
    Better .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •