Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I like the Kingdom Come concept where he ages slower but still ages. Logically speaking I suppose he could get to a point where he stops aging altogether if he absorbs enough sunlight. Action #1000 kind of implied he's immortal. Have no idea how many of those stories are meant to be canon though.
    I don't like the immortal god idea. I love the "Thy Kingdom Come" ending page from the JSA story and to me that is the best ending for Clark.

Last edited by Zero Hunter; Yesterday at 11:28 AM.

Astonishing Member superduperman's Avatar

I wonder if he'd still have his powers by that point. Like, not fight villains level powers but if somebody tried to mug him he'd still be able to take them out. And why would they still have glasses 1000 years in the future?
    Listen, lady! I am thirteen years old and driving a Bat-hog through the Amazon on a Tuesday morning! I am ALREADY winning!

-Robin

I'm one of the few I've ever met who likes the idea of him aging along with everyone else. His story having a definite end sits better with letting the DCU move on and revere his legend, then inspire the Legion and so on. Sometimes I even like him going a short while before Lois. The notion that time is the one thing even the Man of Steel can't evade is one I'm fond of. It really is all academic, though, as Superman will stay young and vital so long as we're publishing stories regularly within a contemporary continuity.

I don't dislike a slow-aging Superman, but it's not my preference.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I wonder if he'd still have his powers by that point. Like, not fight villains level powers but if somebody tried to mug him he'd still be able to take them out. And why would they still have glasses 1000 years in the future?
    He retired from being Superman in that ending, so he simply resumed his life as Clark Kent/Kal-El of Krypton. The glasses may not be required, but they're a memento from his upbringing and life at the planet, like a watch from long-dead parents or a survived spouse.
    Last edited by Robanker; Yesterday at 06:53 PM.