Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Spectacular Member theboychild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    113

    Default Thoughts on Frank Miller's "Big Damn Sin City"?

    Has anyone read this massive book? Yay or nay? Cheers!

  2. #2
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    Regarding the build of the book, its quite good considering the size. Better than the larger DC omnis for example. As far as the material, I'm not a huge fan overall, although it had its moments.

  3. #3
    Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Not a big fan of Frank on crack.

  4. #4
    Mighty Member Hellboydce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Shrewsbury
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    Too big to comfortably read, I like the material but I sold the book thinking with all the LE’s DH Release they would do the stories one at a time, but so far nothing

  5. #5
    Spectacular Member theboychild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Regarding the build of the book, its quite good considering the size. Better than the larger DC omnis for example. As far as the material, I'm not a huge fan overall, although it had its moments.
    Agree. The size, the story.... I'm moving on.

  6. #6
    Spectacular Member theboychild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Not a big fan of Frank on crack.
    I just like his Wolverine stuff!

  7. #7
    Spectacular Member theboychild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Too big to comfortably read, I like the material but I sold the book thinking with all the LE’s DH Release they would do the stories one at a time, but so far nothing
    Years from now I hope these large omnis would hold.

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member TomSlick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,431

    Default

    The stories aren’t bad but the book is obnoxiously... big.
    I’m surprised they never reprinted the library editions.

  9. #9
    Spectacular Member theboychild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    The stories aren’t bad but the book is obnoxiously... big.
    I’m surprised they never reprinted the library editions.
    How do you seriously read these massive books?

  10. #10
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theboychild View Post
    How do you seriously read these massive books?
    Lay them on a table. Use a book stand to make it easier to read so you don't have to bend your neck the whole time while reading.

  11. #11
    Spectacular Member theboychild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HuggyBear View Post
    Lay them on a table. Use a book stand to make it easier to read so you don't have to bend your neck the whole time while reading.
    Thanks for the tip! Will do.

  12. #12
    Mighty Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    WGBS
    Posts
    1,595

    Default

    Frank Miller's work is problematic but he is a true genius and comics are better because he made them! I love Sin City and the bigger the format the better. Reading That Yellow Bastard monthly as it came out was a rare experience. You couldn't get it on T.V or from the movies. Every image looked like it was trying to do something new.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •