Spider-Fan Since '95 WebSlingWonder's Avatar

Default Next Venom Arc: "Carnage Born"

Hey all!

I was curious about the story that Donny Cates teased at SDCC: the Web of Venom side stories apparently lead up to a major event for both Venom and Carnage called "Carnage Born." I was curious about what you guys think it's about? With all the origin changes going on in Venom, I was curious whether Carnage and/or Kasady would be involved. I'm excited, because Cates is killing it on Venom so he can only win with Carnage!
    When you can do the things I can, but then you don't, and then the bad things happen? They happen because of you. Because I learned an invaluable lesson all those years ago: that with great power, there must also come great responsibility.

Staying Amazing, Spectacular, Sensational, and Friendly for 56 years!

I guess it was inevitable that a major Venom run would eventually tackle Carnage, though I'm curious what they'll do with the Symbiote post-Red Goblin.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess it was inevitable that a major Venom run would eventually tackle Carnage, though I'm curious what they'll do with the Symbiote post-Red Goblin.
    I'm definitely excited! Cates knows what he's doing with Venom, and he says that Carnage is his favorite symbiote. So he'll write him well, whatever it is. And the title is pretty awesome too.
    When you can do the things I can, but then you don't, and then the bad things happen? They happen because of you. Because I learned an invaluable lesson all those years ago: that with great power, there must also come great responsibility.

D-d-d-d-d-double post
    Last edited by WebSlingWonder; 08-04-2018 at 07:40 PM.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We also need to find out what happens to Norman Osborn who thinks he's Kasady, though I imagine that Spencer will handle that story. As to Carnage since he's still in space, maybe he can become a rival to Knull. Having a massive symbiote empire ruled by Carnage could be make for a terrifying story.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

I wonder if we'll get followup to Poison Cletus-in-Spaaaaaaaace

I believe "Carnage Born" is gonna be the name of the Web of Venom one-shot, but if he's getting one it probably means that he's gonna be involved in the current ongoing.. Hoping that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя Tycon View Post
    I wonder if we'll get followup to Poison Cletus-in-Spaaaaaaaace
    I guess stripping him of his symbiote and turning him into a freakin' poison wasnt bad enough.. They also had to leave him floating in space.. AGAIN!! Poor Cletus lol.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

im excited for the future of venom. from all Cates is doing to the Mini by Costa. im getting it all
    Wolverine,Rogue,Gambit,Jubilee Jean Grey top 5 x-men Favorites