Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    According to Zdarsky, TWO-IN-ONE is going to undergo a retooling and that he's working on the first issue now.
    That does sound really interesting, and I'm honestly really glad, because Marvel Two-In-One has so much great potential than just being tied to the Fantastic Four.

And I feel like he didn't leave Spectacular just to only work on Two-In-One, I feel like there's probably a new exciting series he's gonna write at the same time, and I'm intrigued to find out what that is.
    Current Reading List: Spider-Gwen, Amazing Spider-Man, Avengers, Ms. Marvel, Spider-Man, Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows, Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man, Marvel Two-In-One, Tales Of Suspense, Champions, Despicable Deadpool

I wasn’t the biggest fan of his Spectacular run, however I have LOVED his TWO-IN-ONE and look forward to him continuing on that book.
    AKA= FlashFreak

Favorite Characters:

DC:
    The Flash (Jay, Wally, Barry), Hal Jordan,Ray Palmer, Jack Knight, Stargirl, Captain Marvel/Shazam! (Billy Batson), & Carter Hall.

MARVEL:
    Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Iron Fist, & The Fantastic Four.

Current Pulls:
    The Flash, Hawkman, Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man, Venom, ASM Renew Your Vows, Marvel 2 in One, Immortal Hulk, and Fantastic Four.

Kinda expected this when his name was not attached to the Oct solicits but still bummed to get the confirm. He really is a good fit for Spidey and it felt like he was just getting warmed up....
    I miss Kevin Nichols. Not as much as bacon, but still...

.....and why doesn't Zdarsky just go ahead and morph the Marvel Two-In-One title into a new volume of Marvel Team-Up now that the FF are back?
    I miss Kevin Nichols. Not as much as bacon, but still...

I'm almost half-expecting he's going to still be on a relaunched version of Spectacular, he's just not spoiling that it's going to be relaunched...but I guess that's kind of silly .

Was really digging this right up until the time travel part which seemed to go on way too long. I like the JJJ reveal, which leaves open some great opportunities for other writers. Hoping the next team can bring it up just a notch so I can look forward to this as much as ASM.

This sucks. Probably will drop Spectacular now.

- Jason G. Carr

Terrible news, his book was the best ongoing current Spidey comic IMHO.
    "You'll never learn to fly now 'til you're standing at the cliff."

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

What a revoltin’ Devepment...

This has been my favorite book since CZ’s relaunch and I’m really sad to see him dip out so soon, especially since I felt like He and Nick Spencer were the perfect tag-team for Spidey. Hopefully there’s more Spidey down the line for CZ!

I think Simone Bianchi could be a great artist to illustrate Spectacular Spider-Man if it gets relaunched.It would be a good way to give this comic book a diferent art style that is happening in Amazing Spider-Man.

Pretty sad news, I didn't expect him to leave so soon. Despite a rough start I was enjoying a lot his latest work, and the development of characters like JJJ and Teresa. He portrayed a competent, heroic and funny Spidey, too. Chip managed to give the book an identity and was a great complement to ASM.
    I'm concerned that we'll see the same scenario than with other Spider-books: RYV quality dropped significantly when Conway and Stegman left, and the same thing happened with Spider-man/Deadpool when Kelly and McGuinness finished their run.
    Marvel's publishing too many Spider-books with average quality creative teams. Sean Ryan and Juan Frigeri are good professionals afaik, but they're's not the most exciting or promising team tbh.

I wouldn't worry. January will, it seems, see a linewide relaunch for the spider line after Spider-Geddon. The X line seems to be relaunching at around the same time. So it's a mass shuffle of the decks. I won't be surprised if Ryan is only on Spec for the Geddon tie-in.

Spectacular Member

As happy as my wallet is to drop two double-shipped books (this and Old Man Logan), super sad to see him go. Looking forward to his next project.
    Floppies: Batman, Mister Miracle, Black Panther, Domino, Exiles, Immortal Hulk, Infinity Wars, Moon Knight, Old Man Logan, Peter Parker: Spectacular Spider-Man
    Trade/Will Catch Up Eventually: Deathstroke, Justice League, JL: Dark, The Terrifics, Sandman Universe (line), Young Animal (line), Astonishing X-Men, Avengers, Captain America, Fantastic Four, Ms. Marvel, Punisher, Thor, Tony Stark: Iron Man, Two-in-One, Venom, X-Men Red, Aftershock/Black Mask Studios/Dark Horse/Image