Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303637383940

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    At this point, I'd be OK with the X-Men reverting to the school being a front or even ditching it altogether. The school as an actual institute of learning was a nice idea that fit thematically when the main notion driving the X-books was Morrison's depiction of mutants as a growing subculture. But it probably should have gone away for good in the aftermath of Messiah Complex. It's been a rather aimless, diluted concept since Schism, and hasn't been able to carry a book since Aaron's WatXM wrapped (and even then, it had to be a stealth-X-Kids book with Wolverine's name on it for that to work). Given that the current line editor thinks having actual students around (as opposed to, I guess, novice heroes or something) ages the cast, the current shake-up would be a good time to any to put it to rest.

My main worry would be that they'd ditch the younger characters along with the school concept.
    I kind of agree with you. I've enjoyed the school aspect, particularly for the New X-men cast, but at this point I think it could use a break. It's also partially why the world of mutants is seen as inflated with too many characters. Maybe the X-men can temporarily suspend the school activities and/or transfer the existing students to a different school, run by an alumnus. Keep the more prominent "students" such as the New X-men cast plus others like Idie, Evan, Quire etc as a trainee squad.

Astonishing Member WhiteQueenEmmaFrost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    At this point, I'd be OK with the X-Men reverting to the school being a front or even ditching it altogether. The school as an actual institute of learning was a nice idea that fit thematically when the main notion driving the X-books was Morrison's depiction of mutants as a growing subculture. But it probably should have gone away for good in the aftermath of Messiah Complex. It's been a rather aimless, diluted concept since Schism, and hasn't been able to carry a book since Aaron's WatXM wrapped (and even then, it had to be a stealth-X-Kids book with Wolverine's name on it for that to work). Given that the current line editor thinks having actual students around (as opposed to, I guess, novice heroes or something) ages the cast, the current shake-up would be a good time to any to put it to rest.

My main worry would be that they'd ditch the younger characters along with the school concept.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    I kind of agree with you. I've enjoyed the school aspect, particularly for the New X-men cast, but at this point I think it could use a break. It's also partially why the world of mutants is seen as inflated with too many characters. Maybe the X-men can temporarily suspend the school activities and/or transfer the existing students to a different school, run by an alumnus. Keep the more prominent "students" such as the New X-men cast plus others like Idie, Evan, Quire etc as a trainee squad.
    They need to separate the two...if anything for the safety of the children. The Xmen are a vigilante militia and not every student should be trained to fight....the idea is that they're there to learn to control their powers...not use them to fight/kill every threat that comes at the Xmen and die in the process. Separate the school...take it back to Westchester and have the Xmen build their own building in NYC if that's where they want to be based.

I think the school concept has worn itself out. It just doesn't mesh any longer, and yes, that's where the bulk of the glut of excess characters is coming from.

In short, because it would be financial suicide to age out the classic characters, there's not going to be any replacement by the younger generation. They'll just continue to stagnate.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    They need to separate the two...if anything for the safety of the children. The Xmen are a vigilante militia and not every student should be trained to fight....the idea is that they're there to learn to control their powers...not use them to fight/kill every threat that comes at the Xmen and die in the process. Separate the school...take it back to Westchester and have the Xmen build their own building in NYC if that's where they want to be based.
    Alternately, you'd think governments and anti-mutant groups would seize on the disconnect more than they do. "The X-Men claim to have these high values of working with humanity, but then their graduates join their militia. This is a domestic terrorist organization/cult that recruits and trains extremists!"
    My real thoughts on ongoing Marvel activity and comics can be found at my Tumblr. I can also be reached on Twitter.

idk a lot of ppl are saying Surge, Hellion, Prodigy, and Mercury are definitely dying pls stop

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Cheung`s pic.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bmbhp04H...d=n2d9qevm5h9m

I think he will draw interiors for some Uncanny issue.
    Glad he is back on X-Men.
    I like Cheung but I really enjoyed his first issue of Justice League and I was hoping he would alternate with Jimenez on that book more regularly. I'd love to have him on X-Men, mind you, but a nice semi-regular run on any book would be much better than the odd issue and cover here and there.