Default Thor vs. Iron Man

616 Arena. Speed equal.

How many Iron Men would it take to finally defeat Thor?

If he kills one, two show up. Then three and so on. What wave do they overwhelm him on?
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

-The Covenant Writ of Union

Astonishing Member theoneandonly's Avatar

If it's vision I think he would only need one to pull out his heart or solidify inside him to put him down but the way Aaron portrays him I think he doesn't stand a chance if we are talking about current versions.
    The Self is the only existing reality

Does Thor get to rest in between battles?

But I'm thinking 11 Iron Men before Thor is finally defeated.
    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
    ― Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

"That's the problem with our opposition they keep thinking nobody could possibly be as stupid as we are. Fools 'em every time."
    ―Lando Calrissian[src]

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Hypothetically I would think enough Starks could hook their armors up and pool their energy into some sort of giga repulsor that could take out Thor. So my answer is "enough to do that plus enough to keep that group protected long enough to do so."

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Hypothetically I would think enough Starks could hook their armors up and pool their energy into some sort of giga repulsor that could take out Thor. So my answer is "enough to do that plus enough to keep that group protected long enough to do so."
    Yeah. However many to pool resources for a really powerful shield, and then however many more to stack all their energies into one suit for some kind of massive death beam thing.

The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Yeah. However many to pool resources for a really powerful shield, and then however many more to stack all their energies into one suit for some kind of massive death beam thing.
    So you're saying the only way for Tony to beat Thor ... is to reverse engineer the God Blast.

Heard it here first, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    So you're saying the only way for Tony to beat Thor ... is to reverse engineer the God Blast.

Heard it here first, folks.
    Do you want to be the 4 am Denny's instead?

So remember when Thor beat up Tony post Civil War during the JMS run? How much charge time did he need for that EMP, and could he do it over a wide area?

I'm relatively sure the Starks could make a force field that blocks such a thing, but then we might be into quick draw territory.

So remember when Thor beat up Tony post Civil War during the JMS run? How much charge time did he need for that EMP, and could he do it over a wide area?

I'm relatively sure the Starks could make a force field that blocks such a thing, but then we might be into quick draw territory.

Astonishing Member theoneandonly's Avatar

well during the moon dragon conquers a alien planet arc iron man kind of whipped him at least for a short time by absorbing his lightning bolt so if thor tries aoe attacks he may inadvertently hand him the means of victory.
    The Self is the only existing reality

Does an army of Iron Men absorbing lightning bolts and then attacking Thor en masse count as... wait for it...

.... an electricity pile-on?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Does an army of Iron Men absorbing lightning bolts and then attacking Thor en masse count as... wait for it...

.... an electricity pile-on?
    Really?

1209419450198.jpg
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

"...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers."
    - Estrecca

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move."
    - Nik Hasta

"[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman."
    - Pendaran