Page 3357 of 3402 FirstFirst ... 235728573257330733473353335433553356335733583359336033613367 ... LastLast
Results 50,341 to 50,355 of 51030

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post

Okay, but seriously. This costume. The regal collar, the dipping neckline, the ponytail invoking but not remaking the mohawk, what appears to be a full cape as opposed to one attached to her wrists... yesssss. This is such a good look, maybe even my favorite.
    Ditch the gold linings and leave the neck/cape trimmed in gold and scrap that x on her stomach. Put her ruby on the neckline and we are ready for takeoff
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥

Maxima Appreciation Thread ♡

Jean Grey Slander? Not on MY watch!

CHECKMATE [/B]

GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

There's another big difference here, too: it's an entirely different situation altogether. She was unconscious when the sentinite was injected into her and attached itself to her amygdala. She was conscious when Dracula started to hypnotize her and turn her into a vampire.
    where does it say that since she is unconscious her will power becomes ineffective? her being unconscious or not was irrelevant with Dracula as she didnt fight off his control over her until at least a day or two later. she had given in to his control, she had become undead. her mind, body, and soul were Dracula's to command. in the case of these sentinites they only affected her brain. no amount of telepathy would do away such control, which wasnt the case with red as jean was able to remove her desire/impression to protect wakanda. by all means this control over her in red was far less invasive than dracula's control yet she was able to overcome one and not the other. now one could argue given time she could have broken free but it would have been nice to see her resist or attempt to gain control.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    There are limits to her force-field and those limits are why she gets creative and it leads to her most interesting battles.

On Storm, I'm talking about her being a Goddess now possibly meaning she has no limits being a problem. I never brought up the limit thing before that, even as a Goddess she should have limits and challenges. Limits push a character in several ways and there would be more creativity with her powers.
    what limits does she have on a field that can block hits from the hulk and break through a celestial shield and even block jeans telekinesis?? do u have issue with her shield being able to these things considering she initially could not?

you are taking about probability that has no basis in what has actually occurred in canon. gods powers are based upon how many people believe in the god. so there is a condition that limits her. additionally ororo herself doesnt care about being a god, mutant whatever. she is always going to work to not unnecessarily disrupt the natural order of things, which talks to her self imposed limits. again no one is saying she should be this unstoppable force but as a goddess she should be out of the category of some categories including all the current cast of xmen and even she. if thor can be a successful hero in marvel why cant storm experience similar treatment?

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    I am here to appreciate Storm's new costume!
    welcome my child and may the hadari yao be with you always.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I'm here to appreciate Storm hopefully under a better writer/story.
    yaass I'm here for it.

I need Asrar to release the full costume sketch and also the Charest cover of issue 7.
    me too I need a closer look at storms outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Scratch that. I see you must have been talking about UXM 159. It was not the same thing. Even when she was turned into a vampire, she still knew who she was. She still knew who the X-men were as she was able to talk to them. She was still Storm. She was a mindless puppet here. She had no autonomy and had no clue who she was fighting or even a sense of self. She was running on autopilot, which was not the case when Dracula got a hold of her. The sentinites are tech based, not mental. Her body was taken over by machines, which had a different effect on her, than had someone straight up going for her mind
    again it doesnt matter if she knew who she was or not once anyone is beaten by Dracula you are his slave and you are driven by a thirst for blood. also as I mentioned his power controlled not only your mind but also you body and soul. it also made you undead. Dracula even acknowledges that what ororo did he never experienced in anyone. so I agree they are different but what these sentinites are nowhere near equivalent to what she had to overcome with Dracula. Dracula control over her is not mental either a telepath couldn't correct his hold as jubs would have been converted back to just a mutant way before now. it took the power of a Phoenix shard to restore her and she wasnt even beaten by Dracula himself. all it took to restore storm was the knowledge of a person who understood the brain, someone who could interact with the sentinites, and a tk. they arent comparable. so all in all I think you guys are lowballing storm here and abilities.

Okay, but seriously. This costume. The regal collar, the dipping neckline, the ponytail invoking but not remaking the mohawk, what appears to be a full cape as opposed to one attached to her wrists... yesssss. This is such a good look, maybe even my favorite.
    I'm here for this costume.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Ditch the gold linings and leave the neck/cape trimmed in gold and scrap that x on her stomach. Put her ruby on the neckline and we are ready for takeoff
    lol why ru so silly lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

All-New Member

Excuse the newbie posting and my first but I must ask a question. I just started reading X-Treme X-men on Marvel unlimited and I have a question. Storm and Gambit have an affair while Rogue is depowered? I’m not sure I missed a cross over issue or that actually happened. On a side note I love the new costume and Jean and Ro’ back together.

Quote Originally Posted by Glints View Post
    Excuse the newbie posting and my first but I must ask a question. I just started reading X-Treme X-men on Marvel unlimited and I have a question. Storm and Gambit have an affair while Rogue is depowered? I’m not sure I missed a cross over issue or that actually happened. On a side note I love the new costume and Jean and Ro’ back together.
    I'm not actually sure but I'm sure one of the other fans can tell you. welcome to forum love.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ch3rrytop View Post
    Finally read #4. Thank you X-office for acknowledging Ororo/Tchalla, even if it was a small part it still means a lot. Please Marvel lets keep it moving like this on forward. Just wish this issue had more Storm and Jean interaction, but I guess that will come with later issues.
    this issue was great in that acknowledged her relationship to tchalla, as well as her being a goddess.. this has been a great year for storm fans. let's hope news of Logan returning doesnt ruin this.

I need Asrar to release the full costume sketch and also the Charest cover of issue 7.
    Preach. And Taylor said the cover is stunning!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

what limits does she have on a field that can block hits from the hulk and break through a celestial shield and even block jeans telekinesis?? do u have issue with her shield being able to these things considering she initially could not?

you are taking about probability that has no basis in what has actually occurred in canon. gods powers are based upon how many people believe in the god. so there is a condition that limits her. additionally ororo herself doesnt care about being a god, mutant whatever. she is always going to work to not unnecessarily disrupt the natural order of things, which talks to her self imposed limits. again no one is saying she should be this unstoppable force but as a goddess she should be out of the category of some categories including all the current cast of xmen and even she. if thor can be a successful hero in marvel why cant storm experience similar treatment?

Her force-fields can still break and have limits.

I'm not saying Storm shouldn't grow, I'm refuting fans who want her to be limitless which has been mentioned in this thread. Of course with her power-up it means a change in enemies, all I am saying is that she shouldn't on the level of adult Franklin Richards or Molecule Man. Taking her too far would limit the amount of possible stories you can tell with her that's all I am saying. Your heroes should always be weaker than your enemies in some way, whether it's intellectually or power based. A character who is too powerful limits the amount of people who are a challenge to them and makes things boring fast. Huge scale world/universe changing threats are only good when used sporadically and a character who is only threatened by those loses steam really fast.

On to another topic: Storm shouldn't have too many enemies tied to other characters, give her a unique rogues gallery and supporting cast. A lot of potential solo characters suffer from using overused villains that are associated with other characters. A character may use Loki in their book but he will always be a Thor villain first and foremost and it will never be as interesting as his history with Thor. Storm's book should avoid using these villains in the beginning. It should set up her own villains and own section of the MU.

Like I've said before it should be heavily focused on African Gods and folklore (something that I should read up on more lol). Like a good supporting cast member could be Anansi the spider, he would be a interesting character whose motivations change depending on his goals. One minute he's an ally, the next an enemy depending on what he wants. His design could also be interesting, having a Spider form and a human form. He is only one possible character and there are a plethora of others bursting with potential perfect for Storm that would set her apart from Thor and other God-like characters. There is so much potential that it's exciting to think about.

Also, something else I've been thinking about is that Storm should struggle to maintain her humanity. A mortal becoming a God has unique story potential that should be explored like; the expectations on a God from both mortals and other Gods, how the power of a God tends to harden your heart (there's a reason why most deities are assholes), and many more things. There should be some really bad negative sides to being a God.
    Last edited by Crimz; 05-17-2018 at 04:27 AM.

Try Marvel 2-in-One! OUT NOW!

Check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

I NEED an Invisible Woman solo! It's got to happen sometime right?......right?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glints View Post
    As far as we know they only kissed but there could have been more going on behind panels. My take on it is that Claremont (the writer) tried to depict a VERY close type of skinship given how happy he portrayed Gambit and Rogue's relationship in both that title and in its kinda sequel "X-Men: The End". He could also have been trying to introduce some conflict at the time or maybe even leaving a door open for switching couples along the road, we'll probably never know. Fun thing is, we now know Rogue found out about that kiss sometime along the way (Most likely just after the end of X-Treme X-Men) thanks to the recent Rogue and Gambit limited series. Hope that helped.

Astonishing Member stormphoenix's Avatar

I actually like this Costume WAY better than Golds. I LOVE the Ponytail very cool.

Also this costume reminds me off this Costume:
    4387375-4508819919-74855.jpg
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm Ororo Munroe
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!

Her force-fields can still break and have limits.

I'm not saying Storm shouldn't grow, I'm refuting fans who want her to be limitless which has been mentioned in this thread. Of course with her power-up it means a change in enemies, all I am saying is that she shouldn't on the level of adult Franklin Richards or Molecule Man. Taking her too far would limit the amount of possible stories you can tell with her that's all I am saying. Your heroes should always be weaker than your enemies in some way, whether it's intellectually or power based. A character who is too powerful limits the amount of people who are a challenge to them and makes things boring fast. Huge scale world/universe changing threats are only good when used sporadically and a character who is only threatened by those loses steam really fast.

On to another topic: Storm shouldn't have too many enemies tied to other characters, give her a unique rogues gallery and supporting cast. A lot of potential solo characters suffer from using overused villains that are associated with other characters. A character may use Loki in their book but he will always be a Thor villain first and foremost and it will never be as interesting as his history with Thor. Storm's book should avoid using these villains in the beginning. It should set up her own villains and own section of the MU.

Like I've said before it should be heavily focused on African Gods and folklore (something that I should read up on more lol). Like a good supporting cast member could be Anansi the spider, he would be a interesting character whose motivations change depending on his goals. One minute he's an ally, the next an enemy depending on what he wants. His design could also be interesting, having a Spider form and a human form. He is only one possible character and there are a plethora of others bursting with potential perfect for Storm that would set her apart from Thor and other God-like characters. There is so much potential that it's exciting to think about.

Also, something else I've been thinking about is that Storm should struggle to maintain her humanity. A mortal becoming a God has unique story potential that should be explored like; the expectations on a God from both mortals and other Gods, how the power of a God tends to harden your heart (there's a reason why most deities are assholes), and many more things. There should be some really bad negative sides to being a God.

her forece fields can contain hulk, break celestial armor.... where is the limit?

and who said she should be limitless. we started our exchange because you mentioned she should be resistant against lightning even though her solo established she was immune. you mentioned characters should grow but in this instance you want growth to be stifled. you say because she needs limits but the thing is even with immunityagsinst lightning there are still many other ways she can be defeated. so I'm still trying to understand how she doesnt hsve limits.

your other points I'm in alignment to.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    her forece fields can contain hulk, break celestial armor.... where is the limit?

and who said she should be limitless. we started our exchange because you mentioned she should be resistant against lightning even though her solo established she was immune. you mentioned characters should grow but in this instance you want growth to be stifled. you say because she needs limits but the thing is even with immunityagsinst lightning there are still many other ways she can be defeated. so I'm still trying to understand how she doesnt hsve limits.

your other points I'm in alignment to.
    Her last appearance had her force-field break and leading to her dying during the incursions. She has some high end feats but who doesn't? Her shields can and have been broken.

I said that the belief on how she is limited in her powers differs for each fan, the lightning thing is my personal belief in how her powers should work. You don't agree and that's perfectly OK, fans don't have to agree on everything. My statement that every character should have limits was answered with a reference to where she says she has none. Some fans want her limitless and that's understandable as fans usually want the best for their character, I'm just saying that it should never happen. I've never said that Storm has never had limits just that with her being a Goddess now it's important that writers don't take things too far to the point where story potential is hampered.
    Last edited by Crimz; 05-17-2018 at 08:49 AM.

Try Marvel 2-in-One! OUT NOW!

Check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

I NEED an Invisible Woman solo! It's got to happen sometime right?......right?

Her last appearance had her force-field break and leading to her dying during the incursions. She has some high end feats but who doesn't? Her shields can and have been broken.

I said that the belief on how she is limited in her powers differs for each fan, the lightning thing is my personal belief in how her powers should work. You don't agree and that's perfectly OK, fans don't have to agree on everything. My statement that every character should have limits was answered with a reference to where she says she has none. Some fans want her limitless and that's understandable as fans usually want the best for their character. I've never said that Storm has never had limits just that with her being a Goddess now it's important that writers don't take things too far to the point where story potential is hampered.
    I'm curious though do you think her fields being able to contain hulk and break celestial armor demonstrates that her fields are essentially indestructible. Do you think her abilities should be scaled back because how she can grow as character power wise if her fields are already at this level.

I'm not saying you have to agree love. I'm simply trying to understand your thought process. you seem fine with limiting storm while accepting the limitless application of sites power. it just seem a bit inconsistent to me. and canonically speaking of she were to fully embrace her full potential she wouldn't have limits but the thing is she never has done so. so I think the whole conversation of her having limits is moot as she has them. even with the goddess upgrade its contingent on who believes in her and she doesnt hsve as many followers as thor. so even here we have conditions on how her powers would work.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Although, personally, I wouldn't have minded a touch of red, in the lining of her cape perhaps...I love that Asrar kept her iconic Black and Gold scheme and he gave her pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Although, personally, I wouldn't have minded a touch of red, in the lining of her cape perhaps...I love that Asrar kept her iconic Black and Gold scheme and he gave her pants.
    I have no complaints about the look. k especially love the neckline and the ponytail really seals the deal 4 me.

Are you guys fine with her not keeping the tiara?