Page 3062 of 3062 FirstFirst ... 2062256229623012305230583059306030613062
Results 45,916 to 45,919 of 45919
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    Some of you all in this thread need to chill, like for real.

Anyway, in my opinion, Storm is screwed, regardless of the editorial. While under the BP banner, she was understandably playing support character to T'challa. So her being written at her fullest won't happen because it's not her book. Now, this could be different under Coates, but once he leaves, where does this leave Ororo? Under the X-Men umbrella she relegated behind Logan and Scott's pissing contest, and might once again play second fiddle, this time to Jean and Kitty.

That's why there is a need to support her upcoming solo, so she can move from under the thumb of other characters.
    Wow, this was very succinctly put! Bravo!

Also, in my opinion, I'd like to add that Storm has much greater story potential than either Wolverine, Cyclops, Kitty, or Jean.
    Last edited by rutog98; Yesterday at 08:17 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Isn't Storm being written down to prop up the rest of the X-Men? If anything, Storm needs to be broken up from the X-Men.

Neither BP nor Shuri need propping up.

I don't care any longer if Marvel ever does anything with Storm/BP but lets not act if BP's success is dependent upon Storm or hers upon BP. They are successful characters in their own right.
    Nothing but truth.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I'm not saying the editorial would change what he's done canonically, just saying that in the future, they could tell him (or a future writer) to start writing Storm down to prop up T'challa, Shuri, or the next rising star in the BP book. If that happens, we'd be back to square one and I'm gonna want Storm to be broken up from him.

As for your second question, he's doing a great job because he gives Storm her due. You know me well enough to suspect my answer! Hope it made you laugh to hear me say it, LOL!
    Well there's always potential for that to happen but her being in BP isn't the problem it's the writers who should be blamed. As others have pointed, what you are pointing about what could happen in the future in BP is actually happening currently in the x-offices and it has been that way sense the wedding was annulled. Coates has demonstrated in a BP book she can be a supporting character and still thrive, where I'm the xmen book since the annulled marriage has she been featured and not lessened to prop other characters up?

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    True, Storm is being written down right now to prop up Kitty and Jean. However, this fact does not negate how the editorialship mandated for Storm to be written down to prop up T'challa and Shuri in BP.

What Storm needs is her own well-written and well-marketed solo title. Along with that, an X-book with a mission like X-Men Red given to Storm rather than Jean would have been ideal. The problem is, if you take Storm out of the X-Men and put her in the Marvel office, she may be scaled back over there for other characters (namely Thor as that office handles his character). Storm needs a writer who loves her, who knows what she is capable of in terms of power and mental defenses, who has an encyclopedic knowledge of her character history, and who wants to give her top billing no matter where she is. Furthermore, she's foes that can realistically challenge her.
    Let Jean do her thing that ship has sailed. Storm needs to fully embrace her goddess roots and Marvel needs to build up her a mythos in a corner of the MU similar to WW. She needs to be saving the world not just a portion for mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    I'm fully aware how she was treated within the pages of BP comics, but that's not what I'm discussing. I'm speaking about her treatment in the X-books. I'm assuming, like myself, that other Storm fans would want some representation of Storm in her "home element" if you will. And might i poit out again that im referencing the timeframe directly following the events of World's Apart. By that time it is well established that Storm is up to task of being Queen and X-man. So excuse me if I'm not here for any of the talk about what her narrative was in her Husband's book. I'm talking about a Storm-centered team that made all the sense in the world without the storyline of World War Wakanda ever being on the table. But once World War Wakanda is laid out and in full swing, there is a logical and idiot-proof narrative opening with Storm as the center point of the X-verse. That has been the root of my argument. Storm married Black Panther, but she came to prominence with the X-men and will always be the first female leader of the X-men. I'm requesting better treatment on the X-side for an X-character, the premiere X-woman.
    Qft

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    You know, I had me a good Ole time conversing with you yesterday. It's always refreshing to come always cross a Storm fan that's on my same type time. And you know I love the dreads too. Jen Bartel has Storm rocking them like no one before has ever done it!

Okay, Kyss. Forgive my insolence. I let ignorance cloud my judgement. But as Wakanda has been unveiled and put on display for the world. Storm is all too deserving to show up in the land of unapologetic black excellence.
    Baby no need for forgiveness. You are a fierce fan who only wants what is best for her. And yes she is indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    If Storm was written badly while in BP and the X-Office wanted her back so badly and did indeed get her, what happened?

Seriously, what prevented the X-office from having the schism be between Storm and Scott?

It's easy to say that Storm was written badly and used to prop up BP.

Well, it's been over 5 years later. Can't use that crutch.

No excuses. What has the X-Office done to promote and support Storm? A half-assed attempt at a solo? She gets to lead a team for about 6 minutes?

What character development has she gotten since her return?

Ironically, a lot of Storm fans are praising her treatment in of all places, a BP book.

Go figure.
    Nothing but more truth thank you!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Yes to all this.
    I've seen your end and it starts with you challenging me.