Not on Coates pen.
    "Lightning, deliver this place from darkness." - Storm in X-men TAS.

You should read The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl solo, X-men Gold, Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther solo, Black Panther And The Crew and Black Panther: World of Wakanda

"The Month of May is Ororo Munroe aka Storm Month"

Faves: Ororo Munroe aka Storm (Marvel), X (Dark Horse), Vincent Van Goat (Valiant), Superboy Prime (DC), Ingrid (Street Fighter), Celine Dion (Music)

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It was one of my least favorite. Hated Romita's art and the changes to the team. The book went downhill after From the Ashes and didnt start to pick back up till the Mutant Massacre
    Lol...I understand. It was a hard time for the X-Men, Magneto took over the school, Storm was powerless, Mutant Massacre...Kitty calling a black man a "Nig***"...good times...lol
    I've seen your end and it starts with you challenging me.

Lol I am mixed on her look in The Crew as well. I think the art is....OK. I don't mind the head wrap either. Depending on the team's focus (i.e. Well known heroes performing undercover/covert ops) her wrapping up might be part of that.

On a separate note...would KILL for a Storm video game. So many adventures to build into an RGP and so many creative power applications to build. EM, Air, Temperature, Moisture, Pressure, Hand to Hand, Stealth, Lockpicking, etc to build and develop with each level up.

http://www.cbr.com/15-marvel-heroes-...wn-video-game/
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 03-19-2017 at 12:28 PM.
    Storm #11 by Greg Pak - May 13th, 2015 Final Issue

"I can rip the air from your lungs with the force of a hurricane. I can cascade the electrical impulses in your brains and induce a violent seizure. I can freeze your hearts and shatter your veins..." -Storm in Wolverines #6. #Gottalovekarma

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Son_Of_A_Goddess View Post
    Lol i mean i call it like i see it. Storm looks like a potato and upon closer exception Lucas looks like he's in need of dentures and poor misty looks like she inherited Psylocke's old shadow walking power.
    lololol ur so stupid. if you gone do a headdress don't make it look so frumpy looking. She looks like a unattractive librarian. This looks better to me:

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    LOL she does look like a potato. The art is eh ok I guess.
    lol the art looks a mess and wtf is up with misty hair looking like 80s patti hairstyle

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Lol...I understand. It was a hard time for the X-Men, Magneto took over the school, Storm was powerless, Mutant Massacre...Kitty calling a black man a "Nig***"...good times...lol
    Lmao. That's when Kitty earned her Black Card.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Uncanny X-Men #196, during a confrontation between Kitty Pryde and a Columbia University student.

Phil: You're a mutie then, Pryde--like him?!
    Kitty: Gee, I dunno, Phil -- are you a nigger?
    Phil: Watch your mouth!
    Kitty: Watch yours! Especially when you use words like that, and try to be intentionally hurtful!

Kitty responded in kind to a heated question -- she didn't flat out racially insult Phil...

Last edited by ZNOP; 03-19-2017 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Link(s) added.
    Time travel is optional.
    "Off panel", is a laughable defense.
    If it wasn't printed... It didn't happen

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Lmao. That's when Kitty earned her Black Card.
    Basically. In the context of the story and what mutie meant to mutants Kitty was very right in her use of the word i would say.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lololol ur so stupid. if you gone do a headdress don't make it look so frumpy looking. She looks like a unattractive librarian. This looks better to me:

lol the art looks a mess and wtf is up with misty hair looking like 80s patti hairstyle
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Misty's hair is awful.

And Storm has looked like full blown slavery with that headdress under Claremont on more than a few different occasions. I can work with this.....the artist in general isn't the greatest I've ever seen, but he's alright

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    This is surprising considering a lot of Storm fans I know hated her depictions in the animated shows.
    I loved all of them......mostly

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Basically. In the context of the story and what mutie meant to mutants Kitty was very right in her use of the word i would say.
    Truthfully, I think the N word has more power/hurtful intent then calling someone a mutie. Don't get me wrong, they were both wrong but giving the history of the N-word...i can see why he was upset.
    I've seen your end and it starts with you challenging me.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I agree with you.

You should read The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl solo, X-men Gold, Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther solo, Black Panther And The Crew and Black Panther: World of Wakanda

Faves: Ororo Munroe aka Storm (Marvel), X (Dark Horse), Vincent Van Goat (Valiant), Superboy Prime (DC), Ingrid (Street Fighter), Celine Dion (Music)

Kitty wasn't right. You should never use that word under any circumstances if you're not black. Plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Kitty wasn't right. You should never use that word under any circumstances if you're not black. Plain and simple.
    It wasnt right calling Kitty a mutie and the mutants were more persecuted.

Kitty is a YOUNG GIRL and ALONE and that guy (who has friends with him)was trying to scare her.

And she was HARMED.
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 03-19-2017 at 07:26 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    It wasnt right calling Kitty a mutie and the mutants were more persecuted.

Kitty is a YOUNG GIRL and ALONE and that guy (who has friends with him)was trying to scare her.

And she was HARMED.
    Lol, look at jhazzroucher tryin to front like he has dignity

That little heifer should've been punched in the jugular

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    This right here

Hell, whenever people get through, you can be a minority within a minority. Like Storm

Black/Woman/Mutant.
    Internally, when kitty gets mad, she fights off racial slurs...which is interesting....considering her faith.

It's like when Caucasian gays only try to identify with my oppression based on sexual identity/orientation. Yes, we is kin...but there are other slurs and negatives lined up against me, due to our distinct difference in tint.

And, Kitty WILL DROP THAT BOMB the minute she runs out of dignified expression. She's said it at least twice
    Last edited by WHITE MAGE; 03-19-2017 at 07:47 PM.