Page 2277 of 2316 FirstFirst ... 127717772177222722672273227422752276227722782279228022812287 ... LastLast
Results 34,141 to 34,155 of 34735

Quote Originally Posted by WHITE MAGE View Post
    This right here

Hell, whenever people get through, you can be a minority within a minority. Like Storm

Black/Woman/Mutant

And, Kitty WILL DROP THAT BOMB the minute she runs out of dignified expression. She's said it at least twice
    Exactly. It's bad being a mutant. But imagine being a mutant, black, and a woman.

This right here

Hell, whenever people get through, you can be a minority within a minority. Like Storm

Black/Woman/Mutant.
    Internally, when kitty gets mad, she fights off racial slurs...which is interesting....considering her faith.

It's like when Caucasian gays only try to identify with my oppression based on sexual identity/orientation. Yes, we is kin...but there are other slurs and negatives lined up against me, due to our distinct difference in tint.

And, Kitty WILL DROP THAT BOMB the minute she runs out of dignified expression. She's said it at least twice
    In Kitty's defense she may have used the "N" word twice -- but, in both cases she didn't use (say) it with malice or malicious intent...

Time travel is optional.
    "Off panel", is a laughable defense.
    If it wasn't printed... It didn't happen

Lol, look at jhazzroucher tryin to front like he has dignity

That little heifer should've been punched in the jugular

So are you trying to tell me that saying that word is worse than a GUY with companions harming a GIRL who was alone?
    "Lightning, deliver this place from darkness." - Storm in X-men TAS.

You should read The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl solo, X-men Gold, Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther solo, Black Panther And The Crew and Black Panther: World of Wakanda

"The Month of April is Generation X Month"

Faves: Ororo Munroe aka Storm (Marvel), X (Dark Horse), Vincent Van Goat (Valiant), Superboy Prime (DC), Ingrid (Street Fighter), Celine Dion (Music)

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Exactly. It's bad being a mutant. But imagine being a mutant, black, and a woman.
    Storm was the high priestess figure in Kenya, Queen of Wakanda, and leader of the X-Men and pretty much the Queen of mutants.

So how is it bad being a mutant, black, and woman?

Veteran Member

Kitty wasn't right. You should never use that word under any circumstances if you're not black. Plain and simple.
    Kitty was called a mutie in a storyline where Xavier was mugged and the victim of being a hate crime for being a mutant. Clearly being called mutie was meant to be extremely offensive. So she asked the Black person who said the word would he like if someone called him the extremely offensive n-word. In the case of Stevie Hunter, it seems like she was expecting more sympathy from someone who was a member of a marginalized group. She was in her dance class and had to put up with being bullied all week, with no major intervention from the teacher.

This was in the 80s too, when teacher interventions in school bullying didn't happen as much because Columbine High and other school massacres, and law suits hadn't happened.

But back to mutie, in that time period there weren't 200 X-Men, Jean aka Phoenix was dead, Rachel hadn't YET become Phoenix, Magik was just a kid, Storm was depowered, many characters hadn't received the power upgrades they later got, so hostile humans were a credible threat to the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Storm was the high priestess figure in Kenya, Queen of Wakanda, and leader of the X-Men and pretty much the Queen of mutants.

Not to mention, very powerful , intelligent and beautiful.
    "Lightning, deliver this place from darkness." - Storm in X-men TAS.

You should read The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl solo, X-men Gold, Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther solo, Black Panther And The Crew and Black Panther: World of Wakanda

"The Month of April is Generation X Month"

Faves: Ororo Munroe aka Storm (Marvel), X (Dark Horse), Vincent Van Goat (Valiant), Superboy Prime (DC), Ingrid (Street Fighter), Celine Dion (Music)

Mmmmm No what Kitty said was pretty fair.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post

She wasn't queen of wakanda back then. And I'm talking about in America not Kenya. Black women in America already go through so much clap but I'm not continuing this conversation. All I'm going to say is if someone were to ever use that word against me it doesn't give me a right to use a racial slur against them.

One time for kitty standing up for herself and not being a PC victim.

I miss Jean and Storm's friendship. Not likely to happen but I want to see adult Jean visit her even if it is just a vision/dream of hers

Its a shame Lemire failed to do anything with the younger version while he had the oppurtunity bc having Storm feel protective of her given her friendship with her older self would have been a good use of history

She wasn't queen of wakanda back then. And I'm talking about in America not Kenya. Black women in America already go through so much clap but I'm not continuing this conversation. All I'm going to say is if someone were to ever use that word against me it doesn't give me a right to use a racial slur against them.
    N'Dare even summarized what Storm would be if they didn't get the hell out of Harlem. People tickle me

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    So are you trying to tell me that saying that word is worse than a GUY with companions harming a GIRL who was alone?
    ..................who said "Worse"?

Two wrongs don't make a right. They make an ass whoopin. Depends on who has the upper hand.

For that matter, all of the X-Men have a right to make anti Semitic comments because they were viciously accosted by an insanely powerful member of the Jewish community
    Last edited by WHITE MAGE; 03-20-2017 at 08:03 AM.

N'Dare even summarized what Storm would be if they didn't get the hell out of Harlem. People tickle me
    When (title and issue please) did N'Dare summarize this?
    Time travel is optional.
    "Off panel", is a laughable defense.
    If it wasn't printed... It didn't happen

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    When (title and issue please) did N'Dare summarize this?
    Storm's origin story
    I don't know the issue, so I won't give it at the moments

But N'Dare and David talked about it. She said in Africa, Storm would be royalty. But in Harlem she'll just be a (Yep).

Storm's origin story
    I don't know the issue, so I won't give it at the moments

But N'Dare and David talked about it. She said in Africa, Storm would be royalty. But in Harlem she'll just be a (Yep).
    Yeah. I remember this. Can't recall the issue either.