pretty cool.

by IvannaMatilla

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    So CBR did an interesting article on the 15 most overpowered mutants who can destroy the world. Storm came in at 15 with this description:

Kicking off the list is Storm, whose raw power is one of the most overlooked in the entire X-Men roster, often overshadowed by the ever-expanding Summers/Grey family who seem to constantly rear their heads and demand the spotlight. While many would argue that Stormís powers are limited to her location, Storm has demonstrated the ability in stories such as*Rogue Storm*to create worldwide tempests that put the entire planet in peril when she gets whipped up into a rage-filled frenzy.

Something else thatís frequently ignored regarding Stormís powers is that she doesnít simply summon tornados and lightning storms out of thin air, her power actually manifests itself as the ability to sense and manipulate energy at a sub-atomic level, essentially giving her control over the fabric of nature itself. Storm has even shown the potential to control electromagnetic energy too, which is one the four fundamental forces holding the Universe together.

Needless to say, Storm is a mutant whose power has not yet reached its full potential, and itís frightening to consider the destructive capabilities she could subject the world to if she truly felt like it. Good thing*sheís on our side.

I thought this was interesting because 1 she was included on this list and 2 they remembered she is more than just a weather manipulator which we discuss here all the time. if you want to see complete list check out link below:

http://community.comicbookresources....troy-The-World

if cbr gets it I wish the current xwriters would get a clue too. it's very sad she is often just regulated to lightning.
    Lmao I love the shade being tossed at the grey/summers clan! But this is something thats common knowledge to Storm fans and apparently there are none at Marvel or at least none in charge.

-

and beautiful art
    I have tried being your leader. I have tried being your friend. It never holds for long. In my opinion, being your nightmare might work best in the long-term!

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    pretty cool.

by IvannaMatilla
    I am loving it.
    "Lightning, deliver this place from darkness." - Storm in X-men TAS.

You should read The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl solo, X-men Gold, Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther solo, Black Panther And The Crew and Black Panther: World of Wakanda

"The Month of May is Ororo Munroe aka Storm Month"

Faves: Ororo Munroe aka Storm (Marvel), X (Dark Horse), Vincent Van Goat (Valiant), Superboy Prime (DC), Ingrid (Street Fighter), Celine Dion (Music)

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Aside from weather control, She has vampiric powers like she can turn into a bat i think, into mist form. I'm not sure if she has superstrength
    She does have super strength...able to lift 1 ton if I remember correctly. Her weather powers are also more potent then 616 Storm, because of her vampire powers
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 07-17-2017 at 08:10 AM.
    I've seen your end and it starts with you challenging me.

BloodStorm is everything 616 Storm is plus the powers of a vampire including turning into mist, super strength, faster reflexes and reaction time and ad LordAllMighty said her weather powers are even stronger mainly due to increased stamina from being a Vampire. Now a lot of times in Mutant X they had her shown as weaker and their reasoning (if I recall correctly) was because she didn't feed regularly enough.

*And BloodStorm is appearing in X-Men Blue later this year. Not sure what issue yet though.

So CBR did an interesting article on the 15 most overpowered mutants who can destroy the world. Storm came in at 15 with this description:

Kicking off the list is Storm, whose raw power is one of the most overlooked in the entire X-Men roster, often overshadowed by the ever-expanding Summers/Grey family who seem to constantly rear their heads and demand the spotlight. While many would argue that Stormís powers are limited to her location, Storm has demonstrated the ability in stories such as*Rogue Storm*to create worldwide tempests that put the entire planet in peril when she gets whipped up into a rage-filled frenzy.

Something else thatís frequently ignored regarding Stormís powers is that she doesnít simply summon tornados and lightning storms out of thin air, her power actually manifests itself as the ability to sense and manipulate energy at a sub-atomic level, essentially giving her control over the fabric of nature itself. Storm has even shown the potential to control electromagnetic energy too, which is one the four fundamental forces holding the Universe together.

Needless to say, Storm is a mutant whose power has not yet reached its full potential, and itís frightening to consider the destructive capabilities she could subject the world to if she truly felt like it. Good thing*sheís on our side.

I thought this was interesting because 1 she was included on this list and 2 they remembered she is more than just a weather manipulator which we discuss here all the time. if you want to see complete list check out link below:

http://community.comicbookresources....troy-The-World

if cbr gets it I wish the current xwriters would get a clue too. it's very sad she is often just regulated to lightning.
    Yeah I've read this like last month or so. This a good dipiction of Storm. I'm also glad they included her because I've been telling people she is much more than just a mutant that controls Weather. Jean and Rachel Iceman and Magneto are NOT the ONLY mutants that OP and can destroy the planet.

I agree this is common knowledge among Storm fans he didn't say anything new we didn't already know LOL. I'm also glad they pointed out that she has yet to reach her full potential, makes me happy.

GET IT TOGETHER Marvel!!! And the X Office geez I swear we got nothing, but chicken heads running around in management.
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.

The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Yeah I've read this like last month or so. This a good dipiction of Storm. I'm also glad they included her because I've been telling people she is much more than just a mutant that controls Weather. Jean and Rachel Iceman and Magneto are NOT the ONLY mutants that OP and can destroy the planet.

I agree this is common knowledge among Storm fans he didn't say anything new we didn't already know LOL. I'm also glad they pointed out that she has yet to reach her full potential, makes me happy.

GET IT TOGETHER Marvel!!! And the X Office geez I swear we got nothing, but chicken heads running around in management.

the part about the unreached potential was something I thought was nice as well. it's encouraging that articles like this work as a reminder to those who would like to push her as just someone who can do more than make it cloudy and create lightning and wind.

Quote Originally Posted by Son_Of_A_Goddess View Post
    Lmao I love the shade being tossed at the grey/summers clan! But this is something thats common knowledge to Storm fans and apparently there are none at Marvel or at least none in charge.

-

and beautiful art
    im just seeing this. yes the shade was real and quite necessary. I like jean but come on can we get something else other than the Phoenix.. jeez lpl

im just seeing this. yes the shade was real and quite necessary. I like jean but come on can we get something else other than the Phoenix.. jeez lpl
    I don't like saying this, but the fact that you have to mention the Phoenix Force whenever there is a Grey family member pretty much shows those characters ALONE are useless without the PF.

If your characters sole purpose derives from a cosmic entity to make you important or give you a reason to matter as a character? I feel very bad for you
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.

The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!

I don't like saying this, but the fact that you have to mention the Phoenix Force whenever there is a Grey family member pretty much shows those characters ALONE are useless without the PF.

If your characters sole purpose derives from a cosmic entity to make you important or give you a reason to matter as a character? I feel very bad for you
    This 100%.

I feel like we JUST went through this Phoenix tutorial with Hope.

I think Psylocke summed up how we all feel about the Phoenix at this point: uxm-462.jpg
    I have tried being your leader. I have tried being your friend. It never holds for long. In my opinion, being your nightmare might work best in the long-term!

That fire chicken should never have come back after the Dark Phoenix saga. It has well overstayed it's welcome and has only been terrible for Jean after those arcs.

Seeing what happened to Jean sometimes makes me thankful that writers don't remember Storm has the potential to be on that level. Overpowered characters (especially female characters) usually get fridged in some way.
    Last edited by Crimz; 07-17-2017 at 12:28 PM.
    Check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

I NEED an Invisible Woman solo! It's got to happen sometime right?......right?

Quote Originally Posted by Son_Of_A_Goddess View Post
    I think Psylocke summed up how we all feel about the Phoenix at this point: uxm-462.jpg
    LOLOL oh no!!!! LOLOLOL!!!

You are right. I really like Jean and never had a problem with Rachel. But as you often do, you make a great point. I was hoping they would do something different with Jeen because she was so adamant about not being like her Mom in context of going dark phoenix, but in her solo that is what they are exploring; the whole Phoenix thing. It's like give these characters something beyond that. But I guess it's just like writing a story about Cyclops with his optic blasts, or a story about Wolverine without his claws. They kind of go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    That fire chicken should never have come back after the Dark Phoenix saga. It has well overstayed it's welcome and has only been terrible for Jean after those arcs.

Seeing what happened to Jean sometimes makes me thankful that writers don't remember Storm has the potential to be on that level. Overpowered characters (especially female characters) usually get fridged in some way.
    See I hate this. There so many overpowered men (Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Superman, etc.) and they have successful books and aren't shelved. Yet when this happens with women it appears to be a double standard. And I honestly don't think they forgot she can manipulate elements on the molecular level (We saw McDuffie explore this when she was in space with the FF), they just are lazy and don't care about the character enough. Especially when the character isn't really essential to the stories you are telling it's easier to just have her shoot lightning.

See I hate this. There so many overpowered men (Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Superman, etc.) and they have successful books and aren't shelved. Yet when this happens with women it appears to be a double standard. And I honestly don't think they forgot she can manipulate elements on the molecular level (We saw McDuffie explore this when she was in space with the FF), they just are lazy and don't care about the character enough. Especially when the character isn't really essential to the stories you are telling it's easier to just have her shoot lightning.
    Right. It's should also be noted that whenever women get great power they have an overwhelm tendency to go crazy. Cause they're women and women can't control that much power and be stable....note sarcasm here.
    I've seen your end and it starts with you challenging me.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Right. It's should also be noted that whenever women get great power they have an overwhelm tendency to go crazy. Cause they're women and women can't control that much power and be stable....note sarcasm here.
    I'd like to see Storm a little crazy if I'm honest. Maybe do something to the EM field to piss off Magneto and be like "WTF you gonna do SON?!?!?!?!?!" Or something graceful and Shakespearean.