Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    It's her hair, not relaxed but I agree with everything you said. New styles, new ideas and her being better written please.
    Yes please!

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    I mean, it could be her hair as part of how Storm's actually a mixture of all of Earth's races (per Chris Claremont), sure. But, if we're going to invest more in the presentation of Storm as an African Goddess, the relaxer needs to go in the trash.
    Please don't start with the mixture of all races thing as that is incorrect. In the same issue prior to that she was mentioned as being black.

Quote Originally Posted by Son_Of_A_Goddess View Post
    This custom reminds me of some games I play where the woman (warriors or mages) run around in these cloth/leather "armors" that provide little to no actual protection which I always did find stupid as all hell since you may as well go around naked for all its worth. I also must ask was Storm feeling her inner Emma that day because holy f^ck that's a lot of skin lol?
    LOL.
    MAY ORORO AND T'CHALLA FOREVER BE!!!!!! HATERS BE GONE!

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO! ALL HAIL DAMISA-SARKI!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Those boots! Ugh, those boots!!!

Attachment 59501
    Yes those boots are tragic.

I'm open to storm having different hairstyles. I don't mind the straight hair, but change is nice every once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    I'm open to storm having different hairstyles. I don't mind the straight hair, but change is nice every once in awhile.
    Agreed. I personally like the dreads/braids thing Jen Bartel did. I love when Ororo explores different hair styles.

I think locs/micro braids would be better for a new live action Storm, but if they got a nice African actress with strong features and dark skin, I wouldn't be averse to the default long straight hair. It's bone white, she's a mutant, its obviously some kind of mutation. But locs/braids would be even better, and still give that long hair in the wind effect.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Incredible Member KidStranglehold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Oh goodness - I HATED THE MOHAWK. I've been very vocal about that.

When it was first done by Claremont, it signified growth in Storm's character. It was an outward reflection of the inner change and turmoil Storm was going through. She was no longer the dignified, but aloof goddess. She was the leather clad, punch you in the face just as soon as I strike you with lighting, leader of the X-Men. It was groundbreaking. Without this meaning behind it, the Mohawk serves little purpose and is just a shitty hair cut.
    Agreed. It needs to go away forever.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    goddess I hope you are right

agreed..

exactly!

though this wasn't an official costume and she wire it during their savage land trip I would love the goddesss of the sky ororo worshipped in Kenya to have something similar to this:

my favorite is her classic design with the ruby and tiara, and of course the long flowing cape. now if she looked like this below I wouldn't mind the outfit you like as it does break away from the boring basic blsck we have seen for years:

the boots still bother me though.
    Yeah the savage land attire looks cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    The mohawk is Storm's best look.

I think the problem people have with this right now isn't the mohawk at all - it's that she didn't get the personality and attitude that should've come with it. She got a visual make-over, but has spend a lot of time these last several years demurring, passing out on the floor, talking to hallucinations, brandishing a police badge that isn't real, etc. Classic mohawk'd Storm > recent mohawk'd Storm in every conceivable way. It's created a disappointing association - leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

That said, Storm in braids is pretty good.

Relaxed-hair Storm needs to be left behind.
    No its not. It just looks ugly and makes her look manly. If you're a male would you be cool with your chick rocking a mohawk? Nah...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    No its not. It just looks ugly and makes her look manly. If you're a male would you be cool with your chick rocking a mohawk? Nah...
    Who cares about that possessive nonsense? The Mohawk is about the freedom to be not some stupid idea that a man gets to dictate how a woman looks.

Who cares about that possessive nonsense? The Mohawk is about the freedom to be not some stupid idea that a man gets to dictate how a woman looks.
    THIS. I don't understand why her hair has to look feminine, she can be bald and she'll still look like a Goddess.
    ...I don't ship Reylo...no...not at all.

Astonishing Member WhiteQueenEmmaFrost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    THIS. I don't understand why her hair has to look feminine, she can be bald and she'll still look like a Goddess.
    Storm regains her adult body.jpg

Like this.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Exactly, I don't see how she could look any less than a Goddess even like this.
    ...I don't ship Reylo...no...not at all.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Like this.
    Hey, KidStranglehold. While I agree with Chaos Reigns, ShepardOakenshieldPrime, and WhiteQueenEmmaFrost, I can also definitely say you're super wrong with your assertion that I would not find a woman rocking a mohawk attractive. I also disagree that it "looks ugly" and especially that it makes one look "manly", but I think the point is already clear.

What does every one think about Aja Naomi King? She's only 5'5" but the girl can act and definitely has a presence.

Exactly, I don't see how she could look any less than a Goddess even like this.
    i agree her hairstyle shouldn't be managed based upon anyone but her own expectations; however, her white hair is a part of her iconic look so you get rid of that and you do away with what makes her so unique. That said, i again do prefer the mohawk and like her traditional look but would love to see other hairstyles explored such as braids, micros, fro, rihanna half shaved buzz look with long hair, etc.