Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Poll: Which SDCC Day One Announcement/Reveal Was the Biggest?

Which SDCC Day One Announcement/Reveal Was the Biggest?

From Image Comics' Preview Night announcements to Marvel Studios' Ant-Man art reveal to the latest photo of Ben Affleck as Batman - what was the biggest news from the first day of SDCC?

Vote on the poll here.

slow day so I guess Wonder Woman takes it.

Batman cowl was nothing we haven't seen before.

Everything else was just boring or posters.

Korra would have been the biggest if they announced it was cancelled, but thats not what happened. The ratings are dipping below average so they pulled the final 5 episodes. Nicks already ordered a 4th season so it snot like its getting cancelled after the season.
    The J-man

My personal favorites were the new shot of Batffleck/cape-and-cowl display and Todd McFarlane's Spawn news that Al Simmons is returning.
    Currently Reading: Five Ghosts, Ghostbusters, Ghosted, John Carpenter's Asylum, Magnus: Robot Fighter, Thief of Thieves, Velvet, Wild Blue Yonder.
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

The DRM-free back-ups are HUGE. That's big, big news and a massive development for Comixology and hence for digital comics as a whole. I don't think Marvel and DC will ever be comfortable to loosen those chains, but I hope other smaller publishers like IDW, Avatar, Oni, and Boom! follow Image and Dynamite's example on this.

I know I suddenly feel very happy going digital with Image's books right now. At the very least, I feel much happier paying money for their digital books. With DRM-free back-ups, it actually feels fair to have digital books the same price as paper.

The Ant-Man poster
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Avengers posters.

Surprised Batman's doing so well. This pic is nothing we haven't seen before...

Batman's chin! Yay!

Nah, it was the ComiXology thing. DRM-free is a big deal.

The Image Comics announcements. There WAS no other newsworthy announcements.

Living on the dolmantle eye of all's Avatar

I slightly favor the Comixology announcement over the Image Previews. Image's books look great and will see me in the poor house, but DRM free backups are huge for the whole industry (well, the pro-reader part anyway).
    Read Prophet, live Stray Bullets.

Hmm...How about the announcement that the entire Firefly cast will be playing their characters in new footage for the online game? I think that might have a few folks excited..

Really shouldn't put Korra on the list, since it was neither an announcement nor reveal. In fact, the Nickelodeon conference/presentation is at tomorrow afternoon.

Wanda Has Arrived Reed! CJStriker's Avatar

Marvel Studios' 'Age of Ultron' Character Posters Where Just EPIC!
    "“You Requested Magical Assistance, Dr. Richards…..

……I Trust That My “Spells” Will Suffice!?”

Scarlet Witch - Fantastic Four NOW, Vol. 2 - #10

http://i.imgur.com/Vt2hSMc.png

http://i.imgur.com/Vi3fwZq.png

Quote Originally Posted by eye of all View Post
    I slightly favor the Comixology announcement over the Image Previews. Image's books look great and will see me in the poor house, but DRM free backups are huge for the whole industry (well, the pro-reader part anyway).
    This poll really should be no contest. The Comixology announcement is easily the biggest for the industry. I could understand Image's glut of new series announcements beating it out by virtue of people who are paper/hardcopy die-hards, but.....Avengers movie posters? A picture of Batfleck's chin? *sigh*

I was up last night doing a blog post Comic-Con and all of that Avengers and Ant Man stuff, or at least most of it, had been pre-released by the morning. It wasn't much of a surprise.
    Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 07-24-2014 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
    The Image Comics announcements. There WAS no other newsworthy announcements.
    Agreed. The Sean Murphy and Warren Ellis comics alone were huge and awesome.
    How about Alex?