Page 203 of 330 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213253303 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 4937

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    This is the problem with Tim. He is basically Dick Grayson except smarter. Like Dick he is not a hero because of tragedy and revenge. Like Dick he is a great leader and has lots of friends. Like Dick he has a lot of girls falling in love with him. Tim even looks like a younger Dick Grayson in his Red Robin series. The only difference is he has a different origin and he loves to plan like Bruce. The writers trapped him in a fight of that niche in the Bat family against Dick Grayson. It's no wonder there is no Red Robin series in the New52.

Edit:

He was a great Robin, but Red Robin is just Nightwing-lite. They really need a new direction for Tim when he comes back.

This is how I see the Robins:
    Dick: Who Bruce would be if there was someone to help and give him closure after the death of his parents. The classic hero.
    Jason: Bruce's greatest failure. He is willing to kill for the greater good. The black sheep.
    Tim: The only one who didn't come from a tragic background. Became Robin out of his own decision, because Batman needed one. The obedient son and the one who has a normal civilian life.
    Damian: The anti-Robin walking the path of redemption. Trying to stay away from path of al Ghul. Batman's true heir in the future.
    Dick not a hero of tragedy? His Robin career was kick started by his parents death, so yes, Dick is a hero of tragedy unlike Tim who became a hero by choice.

Tim has a lot of friends, but he still isn't as great of a leader as Dick. The way they choose to lead is completely different. Yet another difference between the two.

By my count, there were only two women in the Red Robin series who really had any true feelings for Tim. Tam and Lynx(Ra's daughter just wanted to give him the business), probably something Ra's planned himself. So I wouldn't really say that many people were falling for Tim, anymore than you would see from most other superheros. Plus the way Tim interacts with women is completely different than Dick, he is less confident.. even a little social awkward at times.

In no way was Tim in the Red Robin series a Nightwing-lite. Half the shady stuff Tim was doing were things Dick would never do(Not even Batman), take that Captain Boomerang incident for example.

Going by your logic, then I guess we could say Damian is Bruce-lite or even Jason-lite. Which only works if you take each of these situations at face value, instead of seeing how each character will handle and react to similar situations differently.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    This is the problem with Tim. He is basically Dick Grayson except smarter.
    Tim and Dick are nothing alike. Dick is one of the best acrobatic heroes in the DCU, if not the best. He suffered from tragedy when his parents were killed and Bruce took him into his home and under his wing at a young age.

Tim is one of the smartest detectives and fighters in the DCU (not saying Dick isn't, but Robin has greater potential). He deduced that Bruce was Batman and became Robin at an older age than Dick.

Their personalities are different as well. Tim is like Batman in that he's very driven and serious (although not as much as Batman), while Dick is more light hearted and easy going.
    I will fight. Forever. For everyone, whether they know it or not. Whether they are watching or not. I will always fight.---Daredevil

"There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."---Batman

"I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

Too bad Tim is excluded from the Metal event when Dick, Damian and Babs all get their own tie in. What a superfluous and useless character Tim has become, he's barely part of the Bat-Family anymore.
    I'm on Twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/Atlanta962

And YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/false314

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Too bad Tim is excluded from the Metal event when Dick, Damian and Babs all get their own tie in. What a superfluous and useless character Tim has become, he's barely part of the Bat-Family anymore.
    It's not just Tim. Seemingly, the entire 'Tec team is being left out for whatever reason.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

Please refer to me with gender neutral pronouns.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    It's not just Tim. Seemingly, the entire 'Tec team is being left out for whatever reason.
    I thought they were going to cover the Outsiders element of the event?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Tim and Dick are nothing alike. Dick is one of the best acrobatic heroes in the DCU, if not the best. He suffered from tragedy when his parents were killed and Bruce took him into his home and under his wing at a young age.

Tim is one of the smartest detectives and fighters in the DCU (not saying Dick isn't, but Robin has greater potential). He deduced that Bruce was Batman and became Robin at an older age than Dick.

Their personalities are different as well. Tim is like Batman in that he's very driven and serious (although not as much as Batman), while Dick is more light hearted and easy going.
    I'd argue the real problem with Tim in the New 52 was bringing all his personality traits, all his skills, his romantic life, even his costume-- all the the little details that kind of define the character-- taking all that and making it closer to a broad interpretation of Dick Grayson circa the beginning of the New Teen Titans. They made him an acrobat, they put him in a domino mask costume with wings, they overplayed his combat skills, they had him speak and give commands like a generic leader archetype, they even tried to spice up his love life with a badly written sexcapade that actually qualified as assault (like Mirage and Dick).

All of which only really made sense for a direction if you think, like I do, that they were dead set on redefining Tim as "the Teen Titans Robin. And unfortunately, this backfired hard, and in an awkward way; Lobdell's style on the book really seemed to become a throwback to the late 80's and early 90's at Marvel, while Tim had been defined by the more modern writing at DC at the same time. So Tim in the New 52 Teen Titans was written in a less sophisticated and mature style then when he first appeared!
    Co-Host of FranchiseWars podcast on ITunes with the Condor.
    Latest episode: Star Wars: Last Jedi--Who is Rey? https://pcr.apple.com/id1286433288

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought they were going to cover the Outsiders element of the event?
    The Outsiders are going to be popping up in 'Tec, but its just going to be in normal issues, as opposed to official tie-ins, not being included in the "Gotham Resistance".

Fantastic Member

The Outsiders are going to be popping up in 'Tec, but its just going to be in normal issues, as opposed to official tie-ins, not being included in the "Gotham Resistance".
    I'm not questioning this (its cool if true, DETECTIVE is still the best Batman comic for me, followed by BATWOMAN but I digress) but what's the source and do we have issue #s?

Cheers.

James.

Incredible Member

Timmy <3 There's so much emotion on these pages.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Tim and Dick are nothing alike.
    That really depends on the writer.

If you look for example at the original Teen Titans books, Dick also acted very much like the modern Tim. During his time with the outsiders Dick was also quite dark and driven and very Batman like (probaly more than Tim ever was), and Dick beeing a charismatic womaniser is also some thing that was added quite late to the chracter back in his teens he was usually also social awkward at times.

Tim X Steph

How Tim feels about his current state at DC,

tumblr_m7knemaA9k1qd5ksbo1_1280.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    How Tim feels about his current state at DC,

tumblr_m7knemaA9k1qd5ksbo1_1280.jpg
    That sweet Summer child. He had no idea how bad it would get.

Also, How DC feels about Tim:

DCs tratment of Tim.jpg

DCs tratment of Tim.jpg
    Why does that seem so accurate, lol

DCs tratment of Tim.jpg
    If that accurately showed how DC feels about Tim, it would be a LOT more explicit than that. But somehow just as petty.
    I'm on Twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/Atlanta962

And YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/false314

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."