Page 200 of 203 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203 LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 3034

Thread: Anime talk

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Yeah, they aren't too many, so I have been looking into Manga.

Moribito is incidentally on my PTW list, I should get to it.

I have watched the other two partially...I am probably going to read the manga (these days I find myself reading manga more often than watching the anime, especially if the series is based on a manga). It's easier to finish a manga than watch the anime series.

Thanks!
    If Tanya doesn't get a new season then I'm going to try the source material.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Yeah they'll put a filter on the scene that dims the brightness. I've gotten used to it but when the scene takes place in the dark I have a difficult time seeing what happens. It's nothing more than a blurry mess for me.
    Ah. Perhaps you can change the brightness setting on your television to help? I don't really have much trouble with that, my TV color setting or whatever is on "Dynamic". But I also got a 55 inch TV so that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Ah. Perhaps you can change the brightness setting on your television to help? I don't really have much trouble with that, my TV color setting or whatever is on "Dynamic". But I also got a 55 inch TV so that helps.
    Now that I think about it, I've had mine for a good 10 years. It's probably past time I get a new one.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Astonishing Member

Fate: Apocrypha: That's... one way to interpret Jack the Ripper.

Best part for this episode is that it gave some further insight into Ruler and has now given her a rivalry of sorts with Red Archer.

Now I'm ready for the proper war to begin again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Fate: Apocrypha: That's... one way to interpret Jack the Ripper.

Best part for this episode is that it gave some further insight into Ruler and has now given her a rivalry of sorts with Red Archer.

Now I'm ready for the proper war to begin again.
    It was cool to get some insight into Ruler. She isn't so stuck in her beliefs to the point where she thinks her path, her choices are right and nothing else. She questions herself and has doubts but still tries to do what is right in the hope that it turns out well. I also liked that even though she's willing to understand where others are coming from it doesn't mean she'll stand there and let steam roll her.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Been watching Schwarzesmarken on Crunchyroll. Ahh, nothing like late 20th century European Cold War tensions between East and West Germany with the addition of robotic combat suits and hordes of invading aliens out to overrun Earth thrown in for good measure. Short and sweet, I'm liking this show.

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Been watching Schwarzesmarken on Crunchyroll. Ahh, nothing like late 20th century European Cold War tensions between East and West Germany with the addition of robotic combat suits and hordes of invading aliens out to overrun Earth thrown in for good measure. Short and sweet, I'm liking this show.
    I find myself easily frustrated by these type of shows. Humanity is in a struggle or losing battle and some idiots want to make a power play that could end up getting everyone wiped out.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

I find myself easily frustrated by these type of shows. Humanity is in a struggle or losing battle and some idiots want to make a power play that could end up getting everyone wiped out.
    Ahh, but that's why I like shows such as Schwarzesmarken which has humanity battling against its naturally baser instincts and eventually bands together for the greater cause of survival of the species.

That's an alternate universe from Muv Luv franchise (Visual novel), IIRC (which was interesting b/c Muv Luv was originally about romance).

Haha, true.

I would love to see more SciFi - maybe something on a scale on Halo (few anime like that. Legend of Galactic Heroes come to mind) or Mass Effect (I loved it especially it wasn't focused on a war between humans and other species).
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Ahh, but that's why I like shows such as Schwarzesmarken which has humanity battling against its naturally baser instincts and eventually bands together for the greater cause of survival of the species.
    I totally get it, that was one of the things I liked so much about B5 and BSG. For whatever reason, outside of those shows it becomes more of an unwanted distraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Haha, true.

I would love to see more SciFi - maybe something on a scale on Halo (few anime like that. Legend of Galactic Heroes come to mind) or Mass Effect (I loved it especially it wasn't focused on a war between humans and other species).
    It's too bad they only did an anthology film for Halo. I love the Eric Nylund books and I can only imagine how amazing they would look animated. Especially if they did it like the Halo Prototype anime.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Here are the latest spoilers for up coming episode of Boruto, we are about too see the start of the Gennin exams and it looks like its about too get a lot more interesting!

What I wouldn't give to eat some of the dishes from Food Wars. Life's not fair

I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Watched the first episode of Star Blazers 2199 on Funimation last night and was suitably impressed with the updated version of anime's most beloved space opera.

Watched the first episode of Star Blazers 2199 on Funimation last night and was suitably impressed with the updated version of anime's most beloved space opera.
    Sounds cool, there are a couple of shows I'm thinking of dropping so this would be a nice replacement. Speaking of beloved anime, I dug up and watched the Cowboy Bebop movie. It's easy to appreciate how incredible that movie looks between the dogfights and detailed fight choreography. Also found my old Darkstalkers VHS tapes Those were fun, need to get around to finding the DVD versions online.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Alas, screwing each other in the face of the alien threat is the Muv Luv way.