Page 240 of 253 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 3790

Thread: Anime talk

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger19 View Post
    You’re quite welcome. I will gladly recommend the film to Fate fans.
    Although I haven't read the VN's, I did spoil myself a while ago with Heaven's Feel. There are few things I'm really looking forward to but I don't think they'll show up until parts two and three.

spoilers:
    I can't wait to see Shirou's big moment against Berserker, Kirei take on Assassin, and watch Saber Alternate go all out. Plus I heard Rider gets a chance to shine.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by WraizeM View Post
    Just started watching anime properly tonight, anyone able to recommend some, I like allot of combat or more horror feels from what I’ve seen so far.
    If by combat you mean like modern combat, then I would second WestPhillyPunisher with his recommendation of Jormungand.

For combat I would also recommend:
    Black Lagoon
    Canaan
    Towa no Quon(pretty much an anime version of X-Men)
    Youjo Senki(the twist in ep.2 really sets this apart)

For some Psychological horror, I would go with the classic Perfect Blue
    For Psychological horror and Combat there's Psycho-Pass
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Started Hinamatsuri last night. Nitta, a Yakuza gangster who lives the high life (including a passion for collecting expensive vases) has his life turned upside down when Hina, a mysterious young girl with vast telekinetic powers appears out of nowhere and he takes her in. The humor and goofiness of this show appealed to me right away.

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Started Hinamatsuri last night. Nitta, a Yakuza gangster who lives the high life (including a passion for collecting expensive vases) has his life turned upside down when Hina, a mysterious young girl with vast telekinetic powers appears out of nowhere and he takes her in. The humor and goofiness of this show appealed to me right away.

I love this show but fair warning. There are some emotional parts that will kick your feels right in the balls.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    I love this show but fair warning. There are some emotional parts that will kick your feels right in the balls.
    Not to worry. After having watched Clannad several years ago, there’s not much in the way of feels I can’t handle.

Not to worry. After having watched Clannad several years ago, there’s not much in the way of feels I can’t handle.
    You say that now but wait until you're up at 3 in the morning online trying to adopt one of the girls. This is what they do, they manipulate. Japan's population issues bleed into anime and somehow affect us all.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I was overcome with the feels with Anzu story in the latest episode. I was not ready for that.

Astonishing Member

I read the manga Hinamatsuri not long ago. It was a great read. I am glad it is also now an anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    I read the manga Hinamatsuri not long ago. It was a great read. I am glad it is also now an anime.
    Looking it up now.

Early chapters are kind of rough with the grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I was overcome with the feels with Anzu story in the latest episode. I was not ready for that.
    Yeah major props to the production team. They smoothly transitioned from Hina/Nitta hilarity to Anzu's heavier themes. Sometimes when shows do this they cause whiplash and everything feels disconnected but these guys blended it perfectly.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    While one could argue that Food Wars is a slice of life series, I'd argue that it has more in common with your typical shounen action series. The general attitude and presentation is straight up shounen, it contains the same type of story arcs that you would find in a shounen action show (training arcs, tournament arcs etc.), and the cast adheres more to shounen action archetypes than slice of life archetypes.

Your mileage may vary.
    Good point, it still manages to follow those same concepts, just without supernatural/magic/sci-fi/etc at play. The lack of the latter is really what this show represents my first time of delving into.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

"Now why don't we step up here and everybody get stepped up, and let's get some stepped up personal space up in this place." - Phillip Jacobs

Got around to watching the finale of Digimon Tri... which says a lot about how my interest in it diminished as it went on.

Anyway, things are over but not really since Gennai drops a bunch of sequel hooks at the end. Mei and Meicoomon were a mistake, the 02 kids finally get a nod in very underwhelming fashion, and this whole thing could have been done in way less movies.

On the plus side, the Abridged version really won't have to try hard to make jokes with Darth Gennai given the footage. Guy's nuts.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

There’s a live action Kakegurui on Netflix, and it’s just as wild and over the top as the animated version. Hell, Yumeko’s eyes even glow red (thanks to special effects) when she goes full on gambling crazy. I think this is going to be goofy fun, just like the anime.

I don't know how many here have watched it, but Usagi Drop is a great slice of life anime series. Summary? Not so different from Hinamtsuri, but far more toned down, with a younger kid, and non-Yakuza father figure.

Just don't ever touch the second half of the manga. All of the character building the 1st half did was thrown aside, and is best ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I don't know how many here have watched it, but Usagi Drop is a great slice of life anime series. Summary? Not so different from Hinamtsuri, but far more toned down, with a younger kid, and non-Yakuza father figure.

Just don't ever touch the second half of the manga. All of the character building the 1st half did was thrown aside, and is best ignored.
    While watching Sweetness and Lightning, people were constantly referencing Usagi Drop and the second half of its manga. Since everyone freaked out over the manga but not the actual anime, I might check it out at some point.
    Last edited by harashkupo; 05-17-2018 at 06:29 AM.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Extraordinary Member Gray Lensman's Avatar

While watching Sweetness and Lightning, people were constantly referencing Usagi Drop and the second half of its manga. Since everyone freaked out over the manga but not the actual anime, I might check it out at some point.
    The anime for Usagi Drop is excellent. It doesn't do anything with the time skip in the manga, ending far before it.

Sweetness and Lightning does have a student crushing on her teacher (the guy is only in his second or third year IIRC) but nothing happens between them in the anime either. spoilers:
    I've read some manga spoilers and he is only just beginning to notice her in a possibly romantic way in the month before she graduates. Nothing has actually happened yet between them yet.
    end of spoilers