Page 187 of 188 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188 LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 2806

Thread: Anime talk

Astonishing Member

Fate Apocrypha

Hmm.

*reads up on Red Beserker and his noble phantasm*

Ok, I can kinda see why they didn't fully elaborate on that. Some of it I could guess, but the particulars were a bit iffy. I guess that he was a danger to Ruler because he grew beyond whatever kind of power she has over servants, and I assume that he attacked Mordred because she's a King of Knights and thus an oppressor, kinda.

spoilers:
    Ok, so the vampire part of Vlad is his noble phantasm and he hates everything about it. That's a nice little twist to throw in there. Really looking forward to Vamp Vlad throwing down.

The tally so far is that we're down both Berserkers, Black Assassin is still rogue and Black Saber has kinda defected. Still lots of shit to go down.
    end of spoilers

Karna is still so cool. I want to see more of Atalanta.

So far this war feels evenly matched. With the original Siegfried it looked like all the servants had a nice counterpoint giving this a nice balance.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Mighty Member

I watched Rental Magica episodes 19-20. The show is interesting.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    So far this war feels evenly matched. With the original Siegfried it looked like all the servants had a nice counterpoint giving this a nice balance.
    Right, so far there's nobody that feels super OP (we'll see if that changes with the next episode) and there are good match ups for pretty much all the servants.

I also like how the two sides differ. With the Red being small and unpredictable against the Black's larger organisation. I guess that Red has the edge for now since they're only down one servant to the Black sides' two (three if we count Assassin just doing her own thing).

Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar

Black Clover looks like something right up my alley. Fantasy/magic are my favorite themes.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Right, so far there's nobody that feels super OP (we'll see if that changes with the next episode) and there are good match ups for pretty much all the servants.

I also like how the two sides differ. With the Red being small and unpredictable against the Black's larger organisation. I guess that Red has the edge for now since they're only down one servant to the Black sides' two (three if we count Assassin just doing her own thing).
    The different approach each side has taken is really one the highlights of F/A. Plus the fact that the writing isn't playing favorites with the factions. Sometimes a character or group gets propped up at the expense of the rest of the cast. Here we can watch events unfold and make up our own minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Black Clover looks like something right up my alley. Fantasy/magic are my favorite themes.
    Same but it's Studio Pierrot. Have to keep my expectations low.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Astonishing Member

The different approach each side has taken is really one the highlights of F/A. Plus the fact that the writing isn't playing favorites with the factions. Sometimes a character or group gets propped up at the expense of the rest of the cast. Here we can watch events unfold and make up our own minds.
    There is a nice moral ambiguity here that's similar to Fate/Zero (my favourite of the Fate series I've seen). Of the two main sides there's no real good guy, but plenty of assholes.

Though, we do Sieg who seems to be the main character. So it'll be interesting to see what's done with him.

That's one down, just 89 more to go.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I liked the Dudley cameo from Gamers latest episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I liked the Dudley cameo from Gamers latest episode.
    This show has the best references.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Astonishing Member

That's one down, just 89 more to go.
    And in clearing it up so quickly it just exacerbated one of the other misunderstandings.

This show is so frustrating, but so hilarious in its execution.

It wouldn't be a Fate series without a betrayed Lancer.

Great twist at the end of the episode. Did a little bit of wikia reading and I'm liking how they found a historical person with the name Shirou. That plus his origins ties in with this universe and its characters so well.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Astonishing Member

It wouldn't be a Fate series without a betrayed Lancer.

Great twist at the end of the episode. Did a little bit of wikia reading and I'm liking how they found a historical person with the name Shirou. That plus his origins ties in with this universe and its characters so well.
    It certainly wasn't what I was expecting, and that makes me glad.

Gonna be interesting to see where this goes. Things seem to be wrapping up with the story, but that might just be for the first half of the series. There's still quite a lot of mileage we can get out of this series.

Fate/Apocrypha

You thought it was Shirou, but it was Shirou. Poor Vlad, though.

Anyway, random sidenote stuff:

spoilers:
    -Vampires are actually a thing in the Nasuverse beyond just Dracula and have been around way longer than said legend (See: Tsukihime).
    -Usually, a vampire's power depends on how old it is. In that sense, someone who is "only" a few hundreds of years old shouldn't be that strong. However, Heroic Spirits gain power in accordance to their fame, and Dracula happens to be the most famous vampire of all time which makes Legend of Dracula... pretty strong.
    -Heroic Spirits in general gain boosts from being summoned in their homeland, not just Vlad. Herakles would be undefeatable in Greece, Arturia would get more toys in Britain, and so on.
    -A vampire turning you is not considered an attack which is why Dracula could have turned Achilles in spite of his invulnerability which was covered in the episode.
    end of spoilers

That crappy feeling when you finish watching the latest episode of Isekai Shokudou and just realize it's the finale. Every season needs a feel good show and this comfortably filled that slot. Wonder what the next one is going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Fate/Apocrypha
    You thought it was Shirou, but it was Shirou. Poor Vlad, though.
    Putting those two in the show together was a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    It certainly wasn't what I was expecting, and that makes me glad.

Gonna be interesting to see where this goes. Things seem to be wrapping up with the story, but that might just be for the first half of the series. There's still quite a lot of mileage we can get out of this series.
    Yeah now that we're at the halfway point, I have no idea where this is going.
    Last edited by harashkupo; Yesterday at 01:26 AM.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider