Page 2108 of 2111 FirstFirst ... 1108160820082058209821042105210621072108210921102111 LastLast
Results 31,606 to 31,620 of 31659

I think this whole thing with Jeen/Tyke suffers from the fact that before the rapport Jeen was all like "NO SCOTT, THAT WOULD NOT BE GOING FORWARD", then she wanted to go out with him but Jimmy and Tank were the only ones available to hang out and then BOOM, love again. Don't get me wrong, I love them together and they had so many sweet moments in Bunn's hand it's almost a dream. But maybe Bunn goes on an angle where, adding to his problems with the one-sided rapport (where only Jean can hide her thoughts and see his), Tyke concludes his feelings are also one-sided and Jeen just likes him now because it "leaked" from his mind to hers? It's cheap drama, but I could see that pushing them apart and putting Tyke in Bloodstorm's arms.

Or maybe I'm overthinking it and the whole date is on a separate universe, who knows. I just want a least one version of Scott to be happy, if that's possible. Same for Jeen (and with Tyke if possible), but she's been pretty OK so I guess Tyke is in more need of at least ONE win.

After reading what some ppl said that Jean said "The two men she love...."
    I lost all interest in jott. How could you marry a men if you where not inlove with him.

Is okay for her to love someone ells but not okay for Cyke or Tyke.
    I say let Tyke live and date others after all when he gets back he will be with a women whos hearts is not completely his.

I was hopping and wishing for Jeen and Tyke but now I honestly don't want to see any version of Scott with a red head. I want him to be happy and with someone who truly loves him....

Incredible Member Peanutsinspace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    I lost all interest in jott. How could you marry a men if you where not inlove with him.

I say let Tyke live and date others after all when he gets back he will be with a women whos hearts is not completely his.

I was hopping and wishing for Jeen and Tyke but now I honestly don't want to see any version of Scott with a red head. I want him to be happy and with someone who truly loves him....
    I don't really understand the issue with that. So apparently she loved Logan but was in love with and chose/married Scott. Are we forgetting that she proposed to him? She wanted Scott. She saved his life, helped raise a child with him, believed he was alive even when everyone else told her he was gone, that's love.

Rosenberg can write what he wants but it doesn't change Scott and Jean's history.

By the same token, is Scott so horrible because he still loved Maddie but also loved Jean when she came back? Or still loved Jean but also had a thing with Emma? No.

Since you didn't read it for yourself and are making assumptions solely based on what others have said, keep in mind that the entire book, Jean is talking to Scott's grave, not only that, she went to Black Bolt and made him apologize for killing Scott. So...you know...feel free to take away more than just she loved two dudes.
    Last edited by Peanutsinspace; 06-13-2018 at 12:43 AM.

Extraordinary Member Gray Lensman's Avatar

I still say we need more context to judge what is happening in the picture in question and how it comes to be.

For all we know Jean could have pushed him into a date with altOroro. Either thinking it could stop what happens with Emma, or because she realizes that it won't really matter to either her or Scott, but it will matter to to the lady who won't be returning to the past with them.

Or maybe Scott and Jean have an argument over the one sided rapport they are currently in. Because as it stands, what they have is as bad as the originals version of it was awesome.

Or any number of other reasons that could be much better (or much worse) than what I just came up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I still say we need more context to judge what is happening in the picture in question and how it comes to be.

For all we know Jean could have pushed him into a date with altOroro. Either thinking it could stop what happens with Emma, or because she realizes that it won't really matter to either her or Scott, but it will matter to to the lady who won't be returning to the past with them.

Or maybe Scott and Jean have an argument over the one sided rapport they are currently in. Because as it stands, what they have is as bad as the originals version of it was awesome.

Or any number of other reasons that could be much better (or much worse) than what I just came up with.
    Or maybe they just meet as friend. We don't know. And we will know when we will read it.
    Favorite characters:
    5 DC- Roy Harper, Donna Troy, Helena Bertinelli, Dinah Laurel Lance and Big Barda
    5 Marvel- Jean Grey, Richard Rider, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Angelica Jones

Pull List:
    X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Old Man Hawkeye, Marvel Two-in-One, Aquaman, Mister Miracle, Mera Queen of Atlantis, The Terrifics and some more.

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post

As I said this contradicts everything that was written before and that's why I'm not going to buy that, Jean showed with her facts that whoever she loved was Scott, it does not make sense that if she loved Scott and Logan at the same time she would have asked Scott for marriage saying she couldn't imagine his life without him, she did a lot for him: raising his son, sacrificing himself on the space shuttle to save him, when Scott "died" she left the X-men, hey Logan was there if she loved him she could have stayed with him since Scott was not there. It does not matter that everyone else surrendered she never gave up and said that Scott would come back and that he was not dead. After the "death" of Scott we see an old Jean in the future who tells a statue of Scott that despite all the years that have passed she never came to love anyone and connect with anyone as she had done with him also said she never married anyone else, if she loved Logan, why she did not marry him? I mean Scott was dead, nothing and nobody prevented it. When Jean returns to Endsong she comes back because she wants to see and feel Scott, not Logan.

So Taylor can write and say what he wants, but he will not change the past and the past tells something very different from what he is saying, no matter what the current canon is.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    As I said this contradicts everything that was written before and that's why I'm not going to buy that, Jean showed with her facts that whoever she loved was Scott, it does not make sense that if she loved Scott and Logan at the same time she would have asked Scott for marriage saying she couldn't imagine his life without him, she did a lot for him: raising his son, sacrificing himself on the space shuttle to save him, when Scott "died" she left the X-men, hey Logan was there if she loved him she could have stayed with him since Scott was not there. It does not matter that everyone else surrendered she never gave up and said that Scott would come back and that he was not dead. After the "death" of Scott we see an old Jean in the future who tells a statue of Scott that despite all the years that have passed she never came to love anyone and connect with anyone as she had done with him also said she never married anyone else, if she loved Logan, why she did not marry him? I mean Scott was dead, nothing and nobody prevented it. When Jean returns to Endsong she comes back because she wants to see and feel Scott, not Logan.

So Taylor can write and say what he wants, but he will not change the past and the past tells something very different from what he is saying, no matter what the current canon is.
    That was a reality warp/illusion created by Apocalypse. It wasn't real.

In Endsong, Phoenix brought back Jean. And all Phoenix wanted was Scott's optic blast to recharge herself(since when did Cyke's blast became that powerful? I have no idea). Jean didn't even want to come back iirc.
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    That was a reality warp/illusion created by Apocalypse. It wasn't real.

In Endsong, Phoenix brought back Jean. And all Phoenix wanted was Scott's optic blast to recharge herself(since when did Cyke's blast became that powerful? I have no idea). Jean didn't even want to come back iirc.
    yes but even so we can see Jean's true feelings even if it is a false reality.

in Endsong Fénix tells Jean that she wanted to see and feel Scott again, then if it is true that Fénix was using Jean to recharge herself.

All-New Member

Everyone needs to go back and read x-men blue 10and the venom used series...their interrupted moment in the garden and Jeens thoughts before the poison transformation. They both know they love each other.

Y'know, it's nice that Tyke is moving towards a more no-nonsense attitude. If it were Hopeless' Tyke, he'd be whining about how he always believed in Jimmy and only adult Cyclops would lie to him (this is in response to Tyke saying he wanted to save Jimmy, like Jean wants, and Poison-Jimmy saying Scott's lying).
    Cyclops_X_Blue_29.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Y'know, it's nice that Tyke is moving towards a more no-nonsense attitude. If it were Hopeless' Tyke, he'd be whining about how he always believed in Jimmy and only adult Cyclops would lie to him (this is in response to Tyke saying he wanted to save Jimmy, like Jean wants, and Poison-Jimmy saying Scott's lying).
    Cyclops_X_Blue_29.jpg
    Yeah, that was nice. Wasn't anything outstanding, but nice to see.
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    I don't really understand the issue with that. So apparently she loved Logan but was in love with and chose/married Scott. Are we forgetting that she proposed to him? She wanted Scott. She saved his life, helped raise a child with him, believed he was alive even when everyone else told her he was gone, that's love.

Rosenberg can write what he wants but it doesn't change Scott and Jean's history.

By the same token, is Scott so horrible because he still loved Maddie but also loved Jean when she came back? Or still loved Jean but also had a thing with Emma? No.

Since you didn't read it for yourself and are making assumptions solely based on what others have said, keep in mind that the entire book, Jean is talking to Scott's grave, not only that, she went to Black Bolt and made him apologize for killing Scott. So...you know...feel free to take away more than just she loved two dudes.
    You are right.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Yes, I realized that Jean is clearly inspired by Cyclops, but I didn't like the book.

Since her return, Jean had cutting herself off from her x-friends and family. She came back to life a few months ago, and nobody cares. Where's Cable, Jeen, Hope, Tyke, Alex Summers, Lorna, Colossus, Warren, Hank and even Emma... nothing. And all of that seems so superficial somehow.

Where's the interaction between the characters. C'mon, these are the X-Men. That's a soap opera. It's the little things that are infinitely the most important. It's the little things that support the big things. The little things really make a difference.

But X-Men Red really didn't make me feel anything. This book didn't make me feel sadness and hopes, love, fear, anxiety and despair for the characters. I really cannot identify with any character. They are not people, they are just a bunch of boring characters, cold, too perfect like a statue, like a Captain America (bleh). Unlike Cable, that's the only x-book that makes me feel a lot of... feelings.
    I agree, Jean vs Storm issue was bad, their interaction didn't have any depth. Now I can understand why some say don't add anymore characters to the book. But Red Annual actually showed that Taylor, maybe in future, can show a flawed side of Jean.

Cyclops_X_Blue_29.jpg
    Finally he seems to have learned something about himself and his adult version.

Considering maybe the O5 go home soon in the next event mutant of marvel would like to see Tyke at peace with everything he learned about his future.

Cyclops_X_Blue_29.jpg
    I really enjoyed this scene. I think this is a much healthier attitude for O5 Cyclops. He whined and bemoaned his future self so much in previous runs. He seems to be maturing now and genuinely wants to be a better Cyclops. I hope that pays off in the long run, whatever his fate may be.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.