Page 1635 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 63511351535158516251631163216331634163516361637163816391645 ... LastLast
Results 24,511 to 24,525 of 24760

Quote Originally Posted by ladyofthelake View Post
    So what do you think about Jeen and Tyke since coming to the present? I find her behavior similar to that of ULTJean if worse. But I'm curious about your opinion.
    Just my two cents but I'd love for Teen Jean to tell Tyke she loves him but won't be with him because of their future selves. She'd love the have the years of love Scott and Jean had but her future shelf died and Older Scott became someone she doesn't want Tyke to become and she thinks if her death is inevitable maybe by her staying again from him and him finding a different path a possible love will not allow him to go done a path that led to his eventual death.

Astonishing Member ladyofthelake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    ult scott should've just ask wanda marry him. she was into him.
    Now that would have been a good pairing. I would have loved for Scott to have stayed with Magneto, hooked up with Wanda, and eventually taken over from Erik after he eventually screwed over mutants.

So what do you think about Jeen and Tyke since coming to the present? I find her behavior similar to that of ULTJean if worse. But I'm curious about your opinion.
    Her behavior does strike me as very similar actually, but I haven't been as irritated by it surprisingly (though I can easily see how some might be). Probably because Jeen genuinely seems a lot younger than Ult Jean (even if she isn't), and that she at least has a reason for avoiding a relationship with Scott in fearing her future (regardless of how valid one finds it). She also seemed to be more genuinely confused and almost floundering about what to do with things whereas Ult Jean seemed completely aware of the situation (what Scott felt, why he wasn't acting, how she herself felt), which is why I found her actions to be more callous. It also helped that Tyke seemed to struggle a whole lot less than Ult Scott did; he was capable of making a move, and when Jeen started looking elsewhere he was at least aware of why it was happening. I do think that she at least owes him an apology and a serious conversation about where they are at; sit him down and let him know whether she reciprocates or not, whether she is planning on moving on to avoid her future or not, etc. And that conversation probably should have happened before his attempt at kissing her in Blue #1. At least give the dude some closure so he can start moving forward.

I was more irritated by Jeen's overall behavior than the way she dealt with romance. Particularly in avoiding Scott like everyone else and especially in immoral use of her telepathy.
    Last edited by MeloDet; 04-27-2017 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Just my two cents but I'd love for Teen Jean to tell Tyke she loves him but won't be with him because of their future selves. She'd love the have the years of love Scott and Jean had but her future shelf died and Older Scott became someone she doesn't want Tyke to become and she thinks if her death is inevitable maybe by her staying again from him and him finding a different path a possible love will not allow him to go done a path that led to his eventual death.
    I have no problem with them coming together. I'm a fan of Jean/Scott. But I hate that it's Scott that is always chasing Jean. In this case I would like for Jeen to chase Tyke and Tyke not wanting to get together with her because she's been such a flake with him and her feelings for him, that he just doesn't want to get hurt again.

Except she was totally into Adult Cyclops, the only thing that kept it from happen was him.

Quote Originally Posted by MeloDet View Post
    Her behavior does strike me as very similar actually, but I haven't been as irritated by it surprisingly (though I can easily see how some might be). Probably because Jeen genuinely seems a lot younger than Ult Jean (even if she isn't), and that she at least has a reason for avoiding a relationship with Scott in fearing her future (regardless of how valid one finds it). She also seemed to be more genuinely confused and almost floundering about what to do with things whereas Ult Jean seemed completely aware of the situation (what Scott felt, why he wasn't acting, how she herself felt), which is why I found her actions to be more callous. It also helped that Tyke seemed to struggle a whole lot less than Ult Scott did; he was capable of making a move, and when Jeen started looking elsewhere he was at least aware of why it was happening. I do think that she at least owes him an apology and a serious conversation about where they are at; sit him down and let him know whether she reciprocates or not, whether she is planning on moving on to avoid her future or not, etc. At least give the dude some closure so he can start moving forward.

I was more irritated by Jeen's overall behavior than the way she dealt with romance. Particularly in avoiding Scott like everyone else and especially in immoral use of her telepathy.
    Very good points and yes, she does seem a lot younger, or at least immature in comparison to ULTJean despite them being about the same age. And yes, one of the worst things that she did was shunning him and then using her powers the way she did, abusing and mentally manipulating people just to get her way. I was most annoyed that there were no consequences for that behavior. Its like everyone gave her a pass on what was a horrible invasion of a person's privacy and violation of their minds and free will. She just comes off like a spoiled princess that doesn't feel the rules apply to her and she can get away with anything because she's "Jean Grey". Something that is very dangerous for someone that is that powerful. Not to have a solid moral compass. More scary than anything else.

Without the professor to put a leash on them, ChibiBeast and Jeen are coming unhinged. I can so see them as potential super villains if that behavior isn't curtailed. That isn't even adding how she's behaved towards Tyke so her leading anyone . . . yeah, no, no and no. The O5 need someone to keep them in line, they're teenagers, they need rules and someone to hold their hand. Whoever leads them needs to be that responsible.

Also, Jeen doesn't do anything to prepare for battles. In comparison to Scott in the early years, when he worked himself to the ground and studied to make sure he knew what he was doing, Jeen is just assuming that she is going to be able to do the job without taking any of the responsibility or doing the work.

And yes, please, tinkle or get off the potty. Stop messing around with Tyke's feelings and just either cut bait or reel him in. It's just cruel the way she keeps dangling the possibility over him just to either keep him interested, to stroke her own emotional ego to feel good about herself, or to use it as a way to keep him, and thus the rest of the team, following her. I don't know which is worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Except she was totally into Adult Cyclops, the only thing that kept it from happen was him.
    Scott was the bad boy, a.k.a. the Wolverine of the current timeline. The outsider, the wounded misunderstood soul who pretty much everyone considered a criminal. Of course she was into him. I'm surprised she didn't take off her panties and beat him over the head with them.

Fantastic Member

Very good points and yes, she does seem a lot younger, or at least immature in comparison to ULTJean despite them being about the same age. And yes, one of the worst things that she did was shunning him and then using her powers the way she did, abusing and mentally manipulating people just to get her way. I was most annoyed that there were no consequences for that behavior. Its like everyone gave her a pass on what was a horrible invasion of a person's privacy and violation of their minds and free will. She just comes off like a spoiled princess that doesn't feel the rules apply to her and she can get away with anything because she's "Jean Grey". Something that is very dangerous for someone that is that powerful. Not to have a solid moral compass. More scary than anything else.

Without the professor to put a leash on them, ChibiBeast and Jeen are coming unhinged. I can so see them as potential super villains if that behavior isn't curtailed. That isn't even adding how she's behaved towards Tyke so her leading anyone . . . yeah, no, no and no. The O5 need someone to keep them in line, they're teenagers, they need rules and someone to hold their hand. Whoever leads them needs to be that responsible.

Also, Jeen doesn't do anything to prepare for battles. In comparison to Scott in the early years, when he worked himself to the ground and studied to make sure he knew what he was doing, Jeen is just assuming that she is going to be able to do the job without taking any of the responsibility or doing the work.

And yes, please, tinkle or get off the potty. Stop messing around with Tyke's feelings and just either cut bait or reel him in. It's just cruel the way she keeps dangling the possibility over him just to either keep him interested, to stroke her own emotional ego to feel good about herself, or to use it as a way to keep him, and thus the rest of the team, following her. I don't know which is worse.
    To be fair to Jeen, didn't she already shoot him down at least twice? Once during Baldy's run, and the 2nd just recently? What Tyke needs is to get laid, stat. Get his mind off Jeen and find someone else.
    Don't like? Don't read. Let your wallet talk.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    To be fair to Jeen, didn't she already shoot him down at least twice? Once during Baldy's run, and the 2nd just recently? What Tyke needs is to get laid, stat. Get his mind off Jeen and find someone else.
    Did she? I honestly don't know. What I do know is that she sure doesn't seem like she's ready to cut ties with him on a romantic level. A girl that wants to maintain just a friends vibe doesn't plaster herself to the guy she knows has a crush on him. That was either her using his feelings for her to get him to come with her or her wanting that closeness with him. Which again, is kind of cruel to do, playing with his feelings like that. I would love for her to either get on with it or just leave him be. But Jeen seems like she wants to have both, Tyke at a distance and him at her beck and call whenever she needs that emotional stroking.

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    ult scott should've just ask wanda marry him. she was into him.
    The fact that Ultimate went the incest route with Wanda and Pietro tells you everything you need to know about Ultimate and why it ultimately failed.

For now, I'm content with the current situation between Cyclops and Jean. I think Jean being the leader while Cyclops does a little self-discovery with the Champions is good for both of them. However, I think in the long run, they'll realize that they both make each other better. That's why the Cyclops/Jean relationship is so endearing. They genuinely complement one another. Like Superman/Lois or Reed/Sue or even Spider-Man/Mary Jane to some extent, Cyclops and Jean make each other better as characters and as X-men. That's what real, functioning couples do. They complement each other. That's why some of the other pairings that get thrown into the mix with them always seems off. Cyclops and Wanda would be a novelty, but they really don't complement each other in any capacity. Same can be said for Jean and Logan. If anything, they bring out the worst in each other. We saw that in Ultimate. We even saw in the What If Wedding issue that if Jean had hooked up with Logan, the entire universe would've been wiped out. But that's another debate altogether.

For now, though, I like the dynamics between Cyclops and Jean. They can grow together as individuals. I just hope that the upcoming love triangle with Jimmy doesn't completely derail that.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

Incredible Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Personally, I think the only for both of them to truly move on is if Tyke says "No" and actually means it since Jean saying it seems to mean "only when it's convenient for me. "

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    The fact that Ultimate went the incest route with Wanda and Pietro tells you everything you need to know about Ultimate and why it ultimately failed.

For now, I'm content with the current situation between Cyclops and Jean. I think Jean being the leader while Cyclops does a little self-discovery with the Champions is good for both of them. However, I think in the long run, they'll realize that they both make each other better. That's why the Cyclops/Jean relationship is so endearing. They genuinely complement one another. Like Superman/Lois or Reed/Sue or even Spider-Man/Mary Jane to some extent, Cyclops and Jean make each other better as characters and as X-men. That's what real, functioning couples do. They complement each other. That's why some of the other pairings that get thrown into the mix with them always seems off. Cyclops and Wanda would be a novelty, but they really don't complement each other in any capacity. Same can be said for Jean and Logan. If anything, they bring out the worst in each other. We saw that in Ultimate. We even saw in the What If Wedding issue that if Jean had hooked up with Logan, the entire universe would've been wiped out. But that's another debate altogether.

For now, though, I like the dynamics between Cyclops and Jean. They can grow together as individuals. I just hope that the upcoming love triangle with Jimmy doesn't completely derail that.
    Yes, absolutely, but sorry I very much disagree with Jeen leading. Not because Jean isn't capable, but because *this* Jeen has demonstrated and continues to do so, how willing she is to step on other people to get what she wants. She doesn't do it maliciously, mind you, which just makes it worse. But she does it. She uses her powers in very irresponsible ways, she doesn't work at being a leader though there's only been two issues so I might be jumping the gun on that, and she has gotten the bad habit of getting away with doing things to her friends that are questionable at best. She needs to do a lot more growing up and maturing before she can be capable of leading anything. Get her there and I'm okay with it.

I think this Jeen has hurt Tyke too much for them to get together right now. They certainly shouldn't. Tyke needs to grow as his own person and away from his world revolving around getting the girl and Jeen needs to get a real moral compass before she does irreparable damage to someone or her friends. Not to mention stop emotionally manipulating people to get her way. She's the leader, if she can't get them to follow her without doing it, then there's something seriously wrong there and she should consider why that is and do something to change it.

Spectacular Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Didn't she technically do that in the last issue of all new when tyke kissed her?
    413e5af8-e1b6-4790-8e10-d1d8826348ef.jpg
    Last edited by Legaldrugdealer; 04-27-2017 at 11:14 AM.

Spectacular Member

It's pretty obvious it's going to happen at some point, we still talk about it, and now they are throwing them in another triangle.

I love Scott x Jean, but I'm so tired of their romance is always stuck in the "won't they will they situation"
    If things go organically they'd be together because they'd realize how good they work together.

They won't let Jean discover that on her own, it's just this predetermined future stuff. They both need to mature more and have more outside experience to finally come together at some point.

I would like to see more of "Best buddy" Scott though he's a great support imo.For any friend,which is why I think he works well as a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post
    Didn't she technically do that in the last issue of all new when tyke kissed her?
    413e5af8-e1b6-4790-8e10-d1d8826348ef.jpg
    When she had plastered herself all over him just moments before. Like I said, she keeps dangling the possibility of a relationship with him. I believe the line goes something like this "your mouth says no but your body says yes" or something of the like. Actions speak louder than words. She keeps giving him mixed signals. Your scan is a perfect example of that. I do hope Tyke just says, to hell with that, I'm going single or hooking up with someone who won't treat me like a convenient emotional stroker, like, say, Laura.

BTW: did anyone notice that Tyke lost the X on his uniform's front and Jeen took it on her uniform?