Newbie Member

Does anyone think it is time for cyclops to get a power upgrade or additional powers? He is no longer leader of the xmen and in xmen blue, he is the least powerful and versatile member with warren's cosmic upgrade and hank now learning magic.

I just think it's time for cyclops to gain new dimensions to himself and his powers.

Quote Originally Posted by lade5 View Post
    Does anyone think it is time for cyclops to get a power upgrade or additional powers? He is no longer leader of the xmen and in xmen blue, he is the least powerful and versatile member with warren's cosmic upgrade and hank now learning magic.

I just think it's time for cyclops to gain new dimensions to himself and his powers.
    This has been discussed here before.

Yes, I want some kind of power upgrade or new power. Just making optic blasts more powerful won't work. Because that seems to be forgotten after 12 issues. Optic blasts already seems less powerful than they should be(seriously, when was the last time he did some real damage?). I think a new power upgrade is well deserved.
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post

Yes, I want some kind of power upgrade or new power. Just making optic blasts more powerful won't work. Because that seems to be forgotten after 12 issues. Optic blasts already seems less powerful than they should be(seriously, when was the last time he did some real damage?). I think a new power upgrade is well deserved.
    Yeah literally every other o5 has gotten a power upgrade, it past time for tyke

Iceman hasn't really gotten an upgrade. He's able to do stuff his older self can but that's not anything new that he wouldn't have gotten eventually

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Well, if anything he's gotten weaker over the years. I mean when they were first introduced, supposedly he could blast a hole through a submarine and now he can barely stop a metro car from being thrown at him. I miss the days of Josh Whedon when he use to light up the sky and tear away half a building with a full blast or cut a Kaiju mutant in half with pure friction from his concussive blast. He doesn't need new powers. They should just write him properly.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Iceman hasn't really gotten an upgrade. He's able to do stuff his older self can but that's not anything new that he wouldn't have gotten eventually
    but Bobby's been upgraded from one of the weakest X-men in the 60's to an Omega level like Jean (who IIRC was the other weakest... somehow). Granted, Cyke and his "power beam" was the most powerful.

Astonishing Member ladyofthelake's Avatar

The real Bobby got his upgrade with being able to control his ice creations beyond his body. He's part of the too powerful/omega mutants that has gotten so old they need to oil it every morning just to get it to twitch. Personally I never liked having anyone with the kind of power that can destroy/affect an entire continent or even a city the size of NYC. At least without having serious consequences for the user to balance it all out.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post

Absolutely!!! Nothing to the extreme of him being all powerful, but c'mon, throw us a bone, Marvel!! With the real Cyclops he had so many options. Like his merging with Apocalypse? Or the Void shard? Or modifications Sinister did that he kept locked up inside Scott for all this time? Or how about his encounter with one of the Celestials? Or what happened with the Phoenix and all the powers he got when everyone else just got their powers upgraded and what the Phoenix usually gave. That always felt weird to me and a great thing to explore but alas.

As long as they don't make him all powerful . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Innocent Bystander View Post
    but Bobby's been upgraded from one of the weakest X-men in the 60's to an Omega level like Jean (who IIRC was the other weakest... somehow). Granted, Cyke and his "power beam" was the most powerful.
    The real Bobby has the potential of turning the entire planet into an ice planet and creating his own army made of his own creations . . . how is that weak?

Quote Originally Posted by XchaiX View Post
    Well, if anything he's gotten weaker over the years. I mean when they were first introduced, supposedly he could blast a hole through a submarine and now he can barely stop a metro car from being thrown at him. I miss the days of Josh Whedon when he use to light up the sky and tear away half a building with a full blast or cut a Kaiju mutant in half with pure friction from his concussive blast. He doesn't need new powers. They should just write him properly.
    Tyke, not Cyclops. Cyclops was never weak, he actually got more impressive with the new writers beginning with Whedon before they decided to make him the ultimate evil of evils. Tyke . . . I have no idea why they keep trolling on him but if he ever gets a real writer to make it into something other than a whiny wimp, then I would hope they would do something with him. Maybe adding more of his martial arts, he is really good at hand to hand and with a sword from his time in space.

Quote Originally Posted by Innocent Bystander View Post
    In the 60s, Bobby was arguably one of the more powerful ones. Jean was written as a joke and Angel didnt do anything but avoid projectiles and catch people. Scott was the powerhouse and Bobby and Hank were the other main offensive members. Besides you are mixxing up now the teen versions and adult bc teen Bobby isnt displaying omega level powers or abilities

Quote Originally Posted by ladyofthelake View Post
    The real Bobby has the potential of turning the entire planet into an ice planet and creating his own army made of his own creations . . . how is that weak?
    I think he meant back in the 60s...Bobby couldnt do that back then

In the 60s, Bobby was arguably one of the more powerful ones. Jean was written as a joke and Angel didnt do anything but avoid projectiles and catch people. Scott was the powerhouse and Bobby and Hank were the other main offensive members. Besides you are mixxing up now the teen versions and adult bc teen Bobby isnt displaying omega level powers or abilities

I think he meant back in the 60s...Bobby couldnt do that back then
    Ah, yes, I was wondering about that since he does seem considerably more powerful now, at least the real Bobby does. And we shouldn't mistake 60s O5 with these versions, they are very different and certainly, in my opinion, haven't lived up to the hype of the original team since Bendis initial run.

I miss this. I miss the time when the team gave Scott the benefit of the doubt and didn't just assume and jump to the worst of the conclusions.

Spectacular Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

http://www.newsarama.com/34165-c2e2-...ion-panel.html

From the x-men panel:
    Jimmy and the team will fight in #4 before teaming up - in classic X-Men style.

14:48
    "Cyclops tries very hard to beat him up but it doesn't work."

Why? Cyclops could blast the crap out of wolverine, why not jimmy Hudson?

i love iceman but i honestly forgot he was part of the O5, i was thinking of Teast, Tean and Tangel

i love iceman but i honestly forgot he was part of the O5, i was thinking of Teast, Tean and Tangel
    I think he's the one most likely to die if one were to be axed. Nothing significant has been done with him except come out and he's highly redundant with his older self in ways that the others aren't