Page 1140 of 1146 FirstFirst ... 140640104010901130113611371138113911401141114211431144 ... LastLast
Results 17,086 to 17,100 of 17176

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Generation Covers!

Interior art is gonna be by RB Silva, who's doing the current arc of X-Men Gold.
    Why is Jeen so short?

The mention in the Thor book does seem like a hint about an upcoming event- maybe not line wide but something Phoenix related and certainly Involving jean.

While I absolutely loathe the idea of yet more Phoenix related events, I am certainly pro anything that raises Jean's profile so... I'll take it.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    Why is Jeen so short?
    Well you can see that she's bending her legs. And on the first one Phoenix Jean is flying and she seems to be on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    The mention in the Thor book does seem like a hint about an upcoming event- maybe not line wide but something Phoenix related and certainly Involving jean.

While I absolutely loathe the idea of yet more Phoenix related events, I am certainly pro anything that raises Jean's profile so... I'll take it.
    Idk. I prefer Phoenix being an element of Jean's own solo series as it was like really a theme of her character rather than having another clusterfuck where everyone gets to be Phoenix. If it's only a X-Men small event/crossover I guess I'd be fine with it.

Ultimate Member

This Generations thing only makes me want the grown up Jean back even more...

So XMB and Jean Grey have been listed on marvels website under the "most popular" category for comic subscriptions for a while now. Let's hope the momentum continues.

IMG_0418.jpg
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Incredible Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Why is Jeen so short?
    maybe because when she become phoenix her body also change and became a more powerfull body and when she is just jean she is not-god body power, lol
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Fantastic Member Peanutsinspace's Avatar

Why is Jeen so short?
    It's the cosmic hair extensions. Adds height.

*redacted*
    Last edited by nx01a; 05-20-2017 at 07:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Ultimate Member

Grown Jean is also like twice teen Jean's age so that helps with the height...and I'm guessing that they intentionally drew her shorter to show off the difference between she and grown Jean...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Grown Jean is also like twice teen Jean's age so that helps with the height...and I'm guessing that they intentionally drew her shorter to show off the difference between she and grown Jean...
    I'm thinking that there's a ten year difference between the two as of right now; maybe eleven. It's hard to peg where the O5 from the past are at in age, and significantly easier to peg the adults (given the 13 year timeline).

That Stephanie Hans cover is GORGEOUS. I love Ibanez, but can she be on the interiors of Jean's solo? Gosh.

"You are here. You fought the weekend war, and you made it to the other side. Welcome to Monday; you can be anyone here. This is a new day, a new beginning, a new chance to be great. We are wiser and wilder than we were yesterday. Go kiss a stranger. Scream your favorite song from the top of the tallest building. You have the right to remain rock and roll. This is the end of the innocence; youth wasn't wasted on us. Now get out there, and write your story." - Brian Logan Dales, The Summer Set

Generation Covers!

Interior art is gonna be by RB Silva, who's doing the current arc of X-Men Gold.
    Great covers! Really looking forward to this. It's been a long time coming. Every one of the O5 has had a chance to interact with their adult counterpart in some capacity. Jean is the last holdover. After reading Thor #19, I imagine they'll have plenty to talk about. For a while, Jean tried to distance herself from her legacy. She even tried to escape it in the early days of Extraordinary X-men. Now, she's trying to reshape it. I think meeting her adult self will be a critical moment in that process, hopefully for the better.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

Generation Covers!

I'm very happy for Bunn to be the writer.

I'm very excited for Generations! Bunn has thus far imo, been one of Jean's best writers in awhile. She reads and feels like Jean Grey should, so the fact that he is getting this opportunity to further develop Jean is exciting. RB Silva's work, from the one issue I've seen of Gold, is going to be pretty good. His art isn't' going to hurt the story.

I love both of those variants, but I don't care for the Phoenix symbol in the back of Dodson's.

Those covers are breathtaking! Congratulations, Jean fans!
    Telling you the truth.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post

I think people are misreading the Thor issue. It seems like The Phoenix is sensing another entity that will cause problems for Thor and the Gods. So I don't think it hints at another Phoenix related event.

That Stephanie cover is great and kinda makes me want her to take over pencil duties on the Jeen Solo (though I'm very pleasantly surprised with Ibenez). Bunn/Silva is a solid creative team for Generations and am glad that Marvel didn't cheap out on her issue.

I know we've only got one issue of the Solo (and a bit with the preview) but who do you guys think writes the better Jeen? Bunn or Hopeless (or Bendis for that matter)? I think Bunn really portrays Jeen correctly as a younger Jean. She sounds right, to me. He doesn't go overboard with trying to make her overly "edge-y", which I kind of get with both Bendis and Hopeless (to a lesser degree). With Bendis, I like the power level he gave her. That's kind of the only weakness I see with Bunn. Not that I want her over powered, but I sort of feel like powerwise, she's regressed a bit. Bendis really wasn't afraid of letting her loose. That said, I'd much rather get great characterization over power feats. Bunn all the way for me and I'm happy he's getting Generations. Whatever he does there will have a greater possibility of "sticking" so to speak, than with Hopeless, who might be boxed in by writing a "finite" Jeen, so to speak.