Page 1290 of 1290 FirstFirst ... 29079011901240128012861287128812891290
Results 19,336 to 19,349 of 19349

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Grey View Post
    That storyline was set in an alternate reality, which was given away by the "Jean Grey School" statue being different
    The statue doesn't mean anything as it was different in other books too. NmH was explicitly set in the continuity of the regular comics, at a very specific time. It was soo much contained into itself that it doesn't have any consequences, which wouldn't have been needed if it was just an alternate reality. Which doesn't mean that other authors have to acknowledge it or not. But that little different from any other stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    The statue doesn't mean anything as it was different in other books too. NmH was explicitly set in the continuity of the regular comics, at a very specific time. It was soo much contained into itself that it doesn't have any consequences, which wouldn't have been needed if it was just an alternate reality. Which doesn't mean that other authors have to acknowledge it or not. But that little different from any other stories.
    Nah, the statue was featured front and center at the beginning and the end to make it clear this was not the same reality where the Marvel Girl statue used to be. Plus the writer is known for this kind of details.

The statue popped up in quite a few panels. Making me think in some way Carey wanted Adult Jean's memory to be around. I hope he gets a chance to write her when she returns.
    First X-Lady

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KoriandrJean View Post
    Why isn't Hopeless and Bunn NOT acknowledging this? Or, is it still that Marvel Editorial can't tolerate powerful heroines?!!
    Editorial told Rosenberg to bring Adult Jean/Phoenix back. Current editorial has no problem with powerful female heroes. But No More Humans was never in canon and never referenced by the ongoing books. I think it didn't fit the stories that they wanted to tell. If No More Humans were acknowledged, Jeen and Dark Phoenix Jean used the Phoenix to save the world's humans. So it would give Jeen experience using the Phoenix already, and there'd be no fear and running on her part.

No More Humans definitely is meant as an AU (It's a big What If?) and it should have new designs as a result tbh

"You are here. You fought the weekend war, and you made it to the other side. Welcome to Monday; you can be anyone here. This is a new day, a new beginning, a new chance to be great. We are wiser and wilder than we were yesterday. Go kiss a stranger. Scream your favorite song from the top of the tallest building. You have the right to remain rock and roll. This is the end of the innocence; youth wasn't wasted on us. Now get out there, and write your story." - Brian Logan Dales, The Summer Set

But if NHM isn't in continuity, why did Carey say he couldn't use Tyke because he was off adventuring in space in his own title at the time? The only thing that tells me NHM isn't in continuity is the fact that nothing in it is ever referenced, the biggest thing obviously being Jeen temporarily being possessed by and controlling the Phoenix Force.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

It's an AU that diverged at a certain point, so Tyke was still in space.

"You are here. You fought the weekend war, and you made it to the other side. Welcome to Monday; you can be anyone here. This is a new day, a new beginning, a new chance to be great. We are wiser and wilder than we were yesterday. Go kiss a stranger. Scream your favorite song from the top of the tallest building. You have the right to remain rock and roll. This is the end of the innocence; youth wasn't wasted on us. Now get out there, and write your story." - Brian Logan Dales, The Summer Set

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    It's an AU that diverged at a certain point, so Tyke was still in space.
    Doesn't make sense: if it's an AU, they could change whatever they want without any need of justification. If I remember they mentioned, in an interview, that they had to write the story so that it wouldn't interfere/contradict Bendis. A graphic novel like that take a lot of time to write so they didn't knew what would be the situation in Bendis' books when it would be published which is why they made it self-contained.

Also, if it's an AU, it's an AU with the same past _and_ future (at that time) as the 616, with both the time displaced O5 and the Future Brotherhood. If it's an AU that is identical to the 616, does that make any difference?

Amazing Member

Here the variant by Artgem for Phoenix Resurrection: The return of Jean Grey.

https://twitter.com/Artgerm/status/912294252045942784

Can't wait to see it all finished. Marvel must have known this was the artist I wanted on a cover.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Strangely enough so was Jean's original grave marker in several flashbacks... G figure.
    Time travel is optional.
    "Off panel", is a laughable defense.
    If it wasn't printed... It didn't happen

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    Here the variant by Artgem for Phoenix Resurrection: The return of Jean Grey.

https://twitter.com/Artgerm/status/912294252045942784
    Is there any way for someone to post the actual pic, please? I can't see it on this work pc!

Jean is staying with the X-Men after the mini:

https://twitter.com/MarkPaniccia/sta...27446950813696

Quote Originally Posted by KoriandrJean View Post
    Is there any way for someone to post the actual pic, please? I can't see it on this work pc!
    Here: