Page 1008 of 1147 FirstFirst ... 8508908958998100410051006100710081009101010111012101810581108 ... LastLast
Results 15,106 to 15,120 of 17201

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post

2. When the creative team changed, they didn't liked Phoenix because they felt she was making the rest of the group useless. So they planed to get rid of her. To do that, they turned her into Dark Phoenix.
    was that really the case bc Jean wasnt really on the team much when she was Phoenix. After the original Phoenix saga, she was effectively removed when she thought they were dead. When they reunited, the Dark Phoenix saga was already on the way. It also seems inconsistent with Claremont's plans to eventually have Scott retire and move on (which he later created Maddie for). Jean could have been kept and that progression could have still happened

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    EXACTLY!

Plus, her Phoenix-level TP would have let her know of the deadly intentions. Why did Jean go near, stoop down and touch the enemy? Because she was impervious to harm.

And don't forget, that was not Magneto. So could the imposter even do an electromagnetic pulse, especially one that powerful?

In the end it sure "looked" like Magneto to me...
    Time travel is optional.
    "Off panel", is a laughable defense.
    If it wasn't printed... It didn't happen

Yes, I know what you mean ZNOP, but then they retconned it to be someone else. At least, that is what I heard.

Nanomachines. Evertything about Xorn was explained by nanomachines with Kick used to amplify his powers far greater then they actually were. Even with the retcon saying he wasnt Magneto, those two things are enough to explain that

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    was that really the case bc Jean wasnt really on the team much when she was Phoenix. After the original Phoenix saga, she was effectively removed when she thought they were dead. When they reunited, the Dark Phoenix saga was already on the way. It also seems inconsistent with Claremont's plans to eventually have Scott retire and move on (which he later created Maddie for). Jean could have been kept and that progression could have still happened
    It was Byrne who didn't liked Phoenix and didn't wanted her. He never felt she was part of the team which is way she wasn't on the cover's corners (I think). He and Claremont said it in several interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    do u think its possible?
    celeste+scott?
    Well, Scott was all gaga over Emma after adult Jean died so yeah, why not?
    Time travel is optional.
    "Off panel", is a laughable defense.
    If it wasn't printed... It didn't happen

Jean's solo from the Marvel video teaser for Resurrxion.

Fantastic Member Peanutsinspace's Avatar

You can read the about the decisions that led to the DPS that we know and love here http://marvel1980s.blogspot.com/2012...k-phoenix.html Just click on the images to enlarge them.

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    It was Byrne who didn't liked Phoenix and didn't wanted her. He never felt she was part of the team which is way she wasn't on the cover's corners (I think). He and Claremont said it in several interviews.
    Jean not being there always annoyed me SO much. She clearly was part of the team, personal opinion is a pretty ridiculous reason not to drawn her there.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    The reason Jeen exists is because TPTB didn't wanted to ressurrect adult Jean for reasons
    I know. What I meant is that if they didn't had the idea of creating Jeen/ANXM, they would eventually give in and bring Jean back, if not earlier than in like Ressurxion.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Besides that the retcon was needed in the first place because Shooter thought that no character could come back from genocide.
    Well, Shooter technically wasn't wrong. Look at how many feel about the Scarlet Witch after HoM, or Hank Pym after he slapped his wife.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Well, Shooter technically wasn't wrong. Look at how many feel about the Scarlet Witch after HoM, or Hank Pym after he slapped his wife.
    Wanda killed and affected tons of characters we know and love. We are still dealing with the consequences of her actions. Dark Phoenix didn't affect anyone but random aliens that were created for that story. I think it would have been much easier to get past that as a reader so I don't think she and SW are on the same level
    Aliens

Wanda killed and affected tons of characters we know and love. We are still dealing with the consequences of her actions. Dark Phoenix didn't affect anyone but random aliens that were created for that story. I think it would have been much easier to get past that as a reader so I don't think she and SW are on the same level
    Aliens
    But anyways, Jean was punished harder than the Scarlet Witch or the Royal Inhumans.
    You know, it's funny that DisMarvel keeps proving that "CYCLOPS WAS RIGHT"; even when he is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    But anyways, Jean was punished harder than the Scarlet Witch or the Royal Inhumans.
    That's the difference between the editors from that time and from now. Now they think these kinds of things are edgy and cool.

Aliens
    I disagree case in point with Planet X the xorneto debacle where the magneto imposter basically committed mass murder/genocide gainer I think it was a thousand or half a million innocent new yorkian civilians by putting them to basically death camps basically effectively turning magneto into a mutant nazi who killed any and everyone who wasn't a mutant who were simply only humans and that didn't look good at all....

That's why the retcon of xorn being a magneto imposter had to happen having magneto commit genocide against half the human population of New York City didn't look good at all for magneto as a character...also if I recall there was a backlash to what Morrison did with that story didn't many fans like hate that story? Also I hated how Morrison had xorneto kill Jean it was so anticlimatic.