Page 1013 of 1105 FirstFirst ... 13513913963100310091010101110121013101410151016101710231063 ... LastLast
Results 15,181 to 15,195 of 16572

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    New interview with Bunn states that it is Jean who convinces the others to join with Magneto and it shows how much they trust her judgement. Also we can expect 2 or 3 new members added.
    I wonder who are going to be the time travelers that they run into.
    You know, it's funny that DisMarvel keeps proving that "CYCLOPS WAS RIGHT"; even when he is dead.

Newbie Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Again, I would've agreed with that a couple years ago. However, the success of DC Rebirth and the emergence of Renew Your Vows has shown that there is an audience for it and that audience has money. Marvel is a business last I checked. And good businesses tap every market they can. So I don't think it's inconceivable that they would try to appeal to classic romances. They already did it in X-men: Apocalypse. They're still the main romance in other mediums, including X-men Evolution and Wolverine and the X-men. So it's not like that story has been completely forgotten or thrown away. It's still there and, depending on how the sequel to X-men: Apocalypse plays out, it may continue.
    EVOLUTION ended before Morrison's run ended, I believe. That's almost 15 years ago. WOLVERINE AND THE X MEN, from what I read, Jean was presumed dead in the first episode and Scott interacted with Emma most of the series. Jean came back and Emma died. I seem to recall season 2 plans that called for part of Emma being alive in Jean and Scott would be attracted to that. Seems like ScottJean/Emma all over again.

In my mind APOCALYPSE does not have a Jean Scott romance. It is notat that stage yet. Now, it certainly looks like it could be headed that way. No denying that. But if it surfaces in the next movie, but Jean goes Dark Phoenix and dies, what has that accomplished as far as cementing Jean and Scott as a couple

The other X Men movies? They gave us more Jean/Logan airtime than Jean/Scott.

That's an unhealthy, absolutist position to take. Look back on the history of any character. They've all done some horrible, irredeemable things. Even Superman. Cyclops is no exception, not by a long shot. However, I don't think anything he did is totally irredeemable. Same goes for Jean Grey. Any character that has been around long enough is bound to do something terrible. Cyclops and Jean Grey have been around for over 50 years. The only way a character is going to be irredeemable is if you're excessively petty and never want your characters to ever change. That's just not going to happen in the real world. I think even those at Marvel understand that.

And I agree that it has been a long time since Cyclops and Jean were together, but it's not like they've been completely absent. Since the Grant Morrison run, there's been X-men Evolution and Wolverine and the X-men, both of which had heavy Cyclops/Jean moments. There were video games like X-men Legends that acknowledged the relationship. It was a major part of Ultimate X-men until 2009. It's become a major plot again in the X-men movies, thanks to X-men: Apocalypse. Long time or not, the relationship is still there. It has also manifested in other books like X-men 92.

Now I'm not saying it's inevitable. Marvel could very well take Cyclops and Jean Grey in a very different direction. However, I think it's just as likely that they could draw them together again. I also think it's possible for Cyclops, Jean Grey, and every character to redeem themselves.
    Here is an idea. You view the characters the way you want and I'll view them the way I want.
    If you can get past these things, knock yourself out. Enjoy the books. Cyclops isn't the only one Marvel has ruined for me. They did it with several of my favorites until I no longer read any of their books. As always, to each his own. THe integrity of the characters is my priority. If that has to be sacrificed to keep characters fresh and interesting, to keep them from becoming "stale" or "stagnant", I'm out. Readers come and go all the time. Marvel will survive just fine. Hell, they'll do a lot more than survive as long as they keep making billion dollar plus movies. The comics are small change compared to that.

Maybe they will get back together eventually. I just guessed at winding up like Vision and Wanda. I certainly wouldn't have guessed Emma would do what she just did. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Sea monsters? Okay...
    I like me some sea monsters, especially ferocious looking ones like these with spikes!

Yikes! Better get those TK shields up!

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    I think Bunn was referring to the O5 as time travelers, not that they will meet others.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Did he mean some other time travelers will join the team or just that they would run into other time travlers. I can't think of any other time travlers I'd like to read about.

Alternate reality characters like AOA Morph or Blink would be cool though.

Did he mean some other time travelers will join the team or just that they would run into other time travlers. I can't think of any other time travlers I'd like to read about.

Alternate reality characters like AOA Morph or Blink would be cool though.
    Just that they would run into them. All we know is that two (or three) members will join, and that one will be a woman of color.

Also, guys, question for you: how do you feel about the Jean from X-Men: Season One?

"You are here. You fought the weekend war, and you made it to the other side. Welcome to Monday; you can be anyone here. This is a new day, a new beginning, a new chance to be great. We are wiser and wilder than we were yesterday. Go kiss a stranger. Scream your favorite song from the top of the tallest building. You have the right to remain rock and roll. This is the end of the innocence; youth wasn't wasted on us. Now get out there, and write your story." - Brian Logan Dales, The Summer Set

So it seems that X-men blue will in fact being tying into this summer's major event/crossover secret empire fortunately it'll only be for four issues I would assume issues 7-10 so it won't be very long so July and August and with X-men blue being twice monthly it won't too hectic.

And with Jean apparently trusting magneto and magneto's supposed role in secret empire it'll be interesting to say the least I know many people on Twitter had a meltdown over the magneto secret empire variant and with bunn recently on Twitter implying that it's not what everyone thinks magneto will be doing...I think it was inevitable that this would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Just that they would run into them. All we know is that two (or three) members will join, and that one will be a woman of color.

Also, guys, question for you: how do you feel about the Jean from X-Men: Season One?
    I love Hopeless' Jean from Season One. He really got her teenage voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    So it seems that X-men blue will in fact being tying into this summer's major event/crossover secret empire fortunately it'll only be for four issues I would assume issues 7-10 so it won't be very long so July and August and with X-men blue being twice monthly it won't too hectic.

And with Jean apparently trusting magneto and magneto's supposed role in secret empire it'll be interesting to say the least I know many people on Twitter had a meltdown over the magneto secret empire variant and with bunn recently on Twitter implying that it's not what everyone thinks magneto will be doing...I think it was inevitable that this would happen.
    What was the Magneto secret empire variant? And is Blue going to be double shipping twice every month or just at launch?

What was the Magneto secret empire variant? And is Blue going to be double shipping twice every month or just at launch?
    This is it you can guess why most people mostly on Twitter kinda lost their shit over it some even went after writer nick spencer because...it implied that spencer was going to have magneto join Steve Rogers and his hydra army which considering magneto's history doesn't really make sense...also spencer kinda went into questionable territory when he argued on Twitter that hydra wasn't a nazi organization or it wasn't anymore at least according to him that is.

And to answer your question yes X-men blue will be releasing twice monthly along with X-men gold so two issues a month every month I'm assuming this trend will continue until probably sometime next year I'm also assuming marvel may slowly shift to a twice monthly schedule for other titles that are non X-men related but as it stands only X-men bule and gold will be doing this.
    http://www.newsarama.com/33447-secre...-universe.html
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 03-19-2017 at 08:14 PM.

This is it you can guess why most people mostly on Twitter kinda lost their shit over it some even went after writer nick spencer because...it implied that spencer was going to have magneto join Steve Rogers and his hydra army which considering magneto's history doesn't really make sense...also spencer kinda went into questionable territory when he argued on Twitter that hydra wasn't a nazi organization or it wasn't anymore at least according to him that is.

And to answer your question yes X-men blue will be releasing twice monthly along with X-men gold so two issues a month every month I'm assuming this trend will continue until probably sometime next year I'm also assuming marvel may slowly shift to a twice monthly schedule for other titles that are non X-men related but as it stands only X-men bule and gold will be doing this.
    Thanks! So looking forward to X-Men Blue and Jean Grey. I haven't bought an X-Men comic in so long, it's nice to be excited for things again. And bimonthly means less wait between issues so I'm happy with that.

Am I to surmise that Magneto isn't the only "faux" X-Man to return to straight-up villainy?

Look for these SECRET EMPIRE VILLAIN VARIANTS beginning in May – with more to be revealed!

Issue #1 – Madame Hydra
    Issue #2 – TOP SECRET
    Issue #3 – Arnim Zola
    Issue #4 – Baron Zemo
    Issue #5 – Magneto
    Issue #6 – Crossbones & Sin
    Issue #7 – Baron Mordo
    Issue #8 – Taskmaster & Black Ant
    Issue #9 – Kingpin
    Last edited by ZNOP; 03-19-2017 at 09:30 PM.
    Time travel is optional.
    "Off panel", is a laughable defense.
    If it wasn't printed... It didn't happen

I love Hopeless' Jean from Season One. He really got her teenage voice.
    Agreed! This is exactly why I was so pleased to hear that Hopeless would be writing Jean's solo series. He showed in X-men: Season One that he knows how to channel the best elements of a teenage Jean Grey. Season One is still one of my favorite X-books of the past ten years. I think it's very underrated in the sense that it's such a complete X-men story, but doesn't get mentioned with other major X-men stories. It showed Jean being so relatable, a young woman just trying to find her place in a world she barely understands. That's very much like the situation O5 Jean finds herself in now. She's been struggling to find her place since the O5 arrived. In Extraordinary, she kind of proved to herself that she really is the heart of the X-men in many respects. She can bring out the best in others. I think X-men Blue will show her doing the same for the rest of the O5. Her solo series will be able to dig even deeper. Given how well X-men Season One turned out, I hope that Hopeless can pick up where he left off.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

The love is real. The love is real