Page 1288 of 1288 FirstFirst ... 28878811881238127812841285128612871288
Results 19,306 to 19,320 of 19320

To be fair the Phoenix did see something in Emma once, but that was just so that it could use Scott as a battery.

Otherwise... yeah.
    Last edited by Endsong; Yesterday at 10:54 PM.

"You are here. You fought the weekend war, and you made it to the other side. Welcome to Monday; you can be anyone here. This is a new day, a new beginning, a new chance to be great. We are wiser and wilder than we were yesterday. Go kiss a stranger. Scream your favorite song from the top of the tallest building. You have the right to remain rock and roll. This is the end of the innocence; youth wasn't wasted on us. Now get out there, and write your story." - Brian Logan Dales, The Summer Set

TIME'S A-WASTING

I don't think there was anything in the story that said the Phoenix 5 weren't real hosts.

Should they have been? Nah, but Marvel was in a bad place.

I've been off the grid with regards to comics for a long time so I literally just find out Jean is coming back. Holy shit, it's actually finally happening!
    DC, hurry up and make your own version of Marvel Unlimited!

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    I don't think there was anything in the story that said the Phoenix 5 weren't real hosts.

I'm not talking about being real hosts. Obviously allhosts are real hosts. But they don't have any sort of connection with the Phoenix and/or were actually really chosen to be hosts like Jean, Rachel and Hope.

They didn't kill Jean Grey to give her powers to your avi. He mostly just exists incidentally as one of those things that probably shouldn't have been done but is ultimately harmless.
    No, he is not incidental and yes, he should exist! That was a most great story. Glad they did it.

"Even in the 31st Century, lo, there shall be a Phoenix!"

FYI: in case ya didn't know, he is rumored to be a descendant of Jean Grey!

This. If anyone is being objective the Phoenix 5 were real hosts. And Rachel Grey and the Sh'iar even called them real hosts. Additionally, the Phoenix called Emma, "my beloved child" in Sinister London. Uncanny X-Men 17 AvX tie in
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; Today at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Additionally, the Phoenix called Emma, "my beloved child" in Sinister London.
    Yeah, the PF can be pretty sarcastic some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Yeah, the PF can be pretty sarcastic some time.
    LMAO

10char

TIME'S A-WASTING

So...switching the topic away from Fake Jeans that shouldn't have happened...

My current notion is that Marvel is actually going with the whole "Phoenix shards/pieces" thing and Ghost Jean is just a fraction of the real Jean Grey, and one of the final Phoenix horcrux thingies. Think she's gonna get absorbed by the Phoenix to complete the resurrection of the full bird/woman.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Have you ever read these literary gems?

What if? Vol 1 #27
    What if? Vol 2 #32
    What if? Vol 2 #33

Hope is a "Summers" in name only -- genetically, she's a Spalding...
    Thank you for letting us know about all of these "What If ... Phoenix" stories!

I'd known about the first one, but not the latter two.

Seems like Marvel may have started to realize how badly they'd messed up earlier than I'd given them credit for ...

Seems like really the only problem with having her be powerful is that she is a she.
    Hammer.

NAIL.

HEAD!!

Let her keep her imagery and her powers. It's simple: Morrison level. She shouldn't need to be able to do anything in order to be the Phoenix.
    How do you mean, "Morrison Level", please? I'm not familiar with his work - except for when Jean had emerged from the Sun at the end of Planet X - only to be killed off by a "magnetic pulse?!!" Girl, pleeaaase!

They wanted to make the Phoenix mythos about a dude soooo bad.
    Let me repeat: Hammer. NAIL. HEAD!!

Btw, just how well has Quentin Quire worked out for them? I'm not impressed with him at all ...

TIME'S A-WASTING

Quote Originally Posted by KoriandrJean View Post
    How do you mean, "Morrison Level", please? I'm not familiar with his work - except for when Jean had emerged from the Sun at the end of Planet X - only to be killed off by a "magnetic pulse?!!" Girl, pleeaaase!
    That's kinda what I mean. Still killable by your Magnetos (Xorn, whatever lol), your Dooms, other powerful foes, but also very powerful in her own right. We don't want her able to bathe in the sun, but she should still be hella telekinetic and telepathic and she should be able to keep her imagery.

For me, it's more about her aesthetics and keeping her iconography instead of putting it on other characters, not necessarily ultimately ridiculous feats.

They were host for the story marvel wanted to tell. Cyclops was at the x-men forefront so he was chosen, Emma was a given since at the time she was everywhere Cyclops went but the other theee could have been any of the other x-men esp Namor since he isn't even an x-men. Farewell Xavier this is where we lost you.

Though no matter how many phoenix stories happen Marvel always brings it back to Jean.
    Last edited by 5cents; Today at 08:28 AM.
    First X-Lady

I also agree with Morrison power level Jean. Though her TK should have been strong enough to pilot that rocket home or even fly Wolverine and herself back to earth. 90s Jean flew through space twice.
    First X-Lady

I'd love to see writers apply the same amount of creativity to Jean's powers that Morrison did. Regardless of how people might have felt about the things Morrison did during his run, he did give Jean some of her most impressive displays of power. Most people just have Jean lift things up, or create force fields, or shot energy blasts. Morrison had Jean doing all types of crazy things with her TK.