Page 1255 of 1290 FirstFirst ... 2557551155120512451251125212531254125512561257125812591265 ... LastLast
Results 18,811 to 18,825 of 19343
    Incredible Member JeanGreyForever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I am really excited about the news. I understand that some are skeptical. How many times have they teased Jean's return over the years? I think they did it too many times that there wasn't even much excitement about Generations or the recent Jean Grey issue. We are all so cautious that we do not even know if we should be excited about a return because we can't tell if it is real or not. This time feels different. It seems to be legit. I am going to assume it is the real deal until we learn otherwise.

With the Jean Grey solo and Generations there have been hints of a full blown return IMO. I think after all this time it is the perfect time to reintroduce Jean Grey. I personally like that Jean Grey seems to still be Phoenix since I feel Phoenix is the perfect code name for her. I also like the Phoenix best when it is tied to Jean Grey. There was a reason they decided to divorce both codenames Marvel Girl and Phoenix from Rachel. I also think there is a reason why Teen Jean has short hair and doesn't quite sound like the Jean we remember.

Jean Grey is a great character and I always felt she deserved to continue to have great stories told about her. Look how much Cyclops grew and changed during Jean's death. Didn't her character deserve to change and grow too? I want to see her get more development and characterization and for her to be central to stories like Cyclops got to have.
    I've always wanted to see Jean without Cyclops and it's a pity that we only got that once and Cyclops was dead for maybe only a year. Those issues by Claremont weren't really the best, but the moments he focused on Jean and her relationship with Nathan were wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    I think Marvel mainly ignores Endsong...and Morrison. And all the other White Phoenix appearances Jean made like when she visits Wolverine with Nightcrawler and then when she visits Nightcrawler with Wolverine, etc.
    most likely.

anyway, I like that she is returning.

OG is always the best.

I wonder what this means for Teen. Will they co-exist or merge? Maybe Teen is sent packing to another timeline courtesy of Blue's premise?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I wonder what this means for Teen. Will they co-exist or merge? Maybe Teen is sent packing to another timeline courtesy of Blue's premise?
    If we can have multiple iterations of other characters, then I wouldn't mind having two Jeans. Although I wouldn't want Jeen to take much of Jean's spotlight.

Spectacular Member

Jean grey returning! Dear Kord I hope so. They have tried separating Phoenix from Jeannso much over the years and giving Ohoenix to everybody. But Jean was the one with the special link to Phoenix (Force), not the others. They just had it.

I have always wanted Jean, my Jean, original Jean back. But dies anything say in the promo material say she is back AND STAYING?

All-New Member

I'm not sure they are ignoring Jean's White Phoenix appearances (I hope not anyhow). Hopeless explained on Twitter to a fan (I think a fan who posts here) how he sees the White Hot Room being the afterlife for Phoenix hosts. I think they are aware she has appeared in ghostly form over the years since they are using her as a ghost now. Hopeless also said it would be explained eventually how/why she is not in the White Hot Room. As we saw in Here Comes Tomorrow and from what Jean said in Endsong, she was with the Phoenix in the Crown getting ready to step into the White Hot Room. They were pulled outside it by the events of Endsong. At the end of the series she was set to go collect the pieces of herself/the phoenix. Going into the White Hot Room may be like riding off into the afterlife and maybe she never "crossed over". These are just my thoughts. They may not delve too much into all of this but it is fun to think about. It appears Jean is still Phoenix in this new book and she seems very Phoenix-like in the Jean Grey solo, and despite all the Phoenix hosts since Jean's death, she's still connected to the Phoenix. Which a lot of us were expecting if Jean ever came back she would be separate from Phoenix.
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 09-13-2017 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Can't write for crud anymore. Edited for clarity. lol

Incredible Member Marvelboy1974's Avatar

I hope when Jean returns she is wearing her white and gold Phoenix costume. I don't mind if she changes to a new costume after she returns, but for the initial appearance I want her in that costume, especially since there isn't very much cannon imagery with her wearing the costume. I can't wait for the artwork and covers! I am so excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    I hope when Jean returns she is wearing her white and gold Phoenix costume. I don't mind if she changes to a new costume after she returns, but for the initial appearance I want her in that costume, especially since there isn't very much cannon imagery with her wearing the costume. I can't wait for the artwork and covers! I am so excited!
    Same. I'm sick of her in green and the white and gold color scheme is so regal not to mention it was meant to be her original color scheme anyway.

All-New Member

I would love to see her in the White Phoenix outfit. I'm over it now but I did not like them using Hope as a White Phoenix. I think Jean needs to have something of the Phoenix that is unique to her and her experience. I thought being a White Phoenix of the Crown would be that unique element. I would like them, even if briefly, to explain what it means to be a white phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I would love to see her in the White Phoenix outfit. I'm over it now but I did not like them using Hope as a White Phoenix. I think Jean needs to have something of the Phoenix that is unique to her and her experience. I thought being a White Phoenix of the Crown would be that unique element. I would like them, even if briefly, to explain what it means to be a white phoenix.
    At the time, I thought Hope might be Jean's daughter or something so I didn't mind her becoming the White Phoenix but yeah I agree that this should be a role unique to Jean as Claremont and Morrison seemed to intend with her being the one true Phoenix. It's possible that Hope was channeling Jean in that moment though if you want to spin it off in a way that still keeps Jean as the sole White Phoenix of the Crown.

I remain hesitant about exactly how Marvel will handle Jean coming back if she really is coming back, but I'm hopeful.
    Re: costume... A blue Phoenix variant is in order.
    pblue.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Like I said earlier maybe x-men blue becomes an exiles like book esp with all the alt characters joining.

X-MEN BLUE #17
    • Lost in time, JEAN GREY and her team of X-MEN must survive long enough to fix what is wrong with the timestream...
    • ...which isn't easy with the teens stranded in the not-too-far future. If only there were a similar group of mutant heroes to help them.

X-MEN BLUE #18
    • Nothing that MARVEL GIRL, CYCLOPS, JIMMY HUDSON, ICEMAN, BLOODSTORM or BEAST have done has cured the timestream, causing bits and pieces of history to blink out of existence.
    First X-Lady

Amazing Member

In the X-Men Forever series by Claremont, Jean wears a blue and gold Phoenix like costume.

Anyways, I also wanted the White Phoenix identity to be unique to Jean even though Morrison said that she was a White Phoenix, potentially implying others. Before all the retcons and add ons, Jean was the original Phoenix avatar originally, so she should have a unique Phoenix identity or imagery special to her. She deserves it after all the crap they've put her through.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I remain hesitant about exactly how Marvel will handle Jean coming back if she really is coming back, but I'm hopeful.
    Re: costume... A blue Phoenix variant is in order.
    pblue.jpg
    the costume doesnt work in blue and quite franktly, Id rathr her have a new look, not simply a color variant

I thought Hope was White Phoenix, but not "of the Crown"