Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    I thought Hope was White Phoenix, but not "of the Crown"
    Hope was only temporarily Phoenix at that. She served a purpose, so she got the white costume for five minutes.

The Hope in the AVX had a green costume iirc.

"You are here. You fought the weekend war, and you made it to the other side. Welcome to Monday; you can be anyone here. This is a new day, a new beginning, a new chance to be great. We are wiser and wilder than we were yesterday. Go kiss a stranger. Scream your favorite song from the top of the tallest building. You have the right to remain rock and roll. This is the end of the innocence; youth wasn't wasted on us. Now get out there, and write your story." - Brian Logan Dales, The Summer Set

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Hope was only temporarily Phoenix at that. She served a purpose, so she got the white costume for five minutes.

The Hope in the AVX had a green costume iirc.
    No, it was white

There are few people who can become White Phoenix, but only Jean is the "White Phoenix of the Crown", as she is its one and true host.

Ah...I really hope this is real. my favorite caracter has been dead ever since I started reading comics, and I always got so excited for any teaser of her coming back. I am hopeful but I'll try to keep my expectations as low as possible.

But I am confused, I haven't read the Jean Grey solo, so can someone explain me whats going on? It seems there is a retcon about old Jean being dead now? And not in the white hot room? Was it explained ?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No, it was white

I mean the AvX What If?, sorry.

Jean was White.

"You are here. You fought the weekend war, and you made it to the other side. Welcome to Monday; you can be anyone here. This is a new day, a new beginning, a new chance to be great. We are wiser and wilder than we were yesterday. Go kiss a stranger. Scream your favorite song from the top of the tallest building. You have the right to remain rock and roll. This is the end of the innocence; youth wasn't wasted on us. Now get out there, and write your story." - Brian Logan Dales, The Summer Set

Spectacular Member

I was just thinking to myself that with Adult Jean in Generations and then appearing in young Jean Grey's book as a ghost, how great it would be if they brought back Adult Jean Grey. Then I googled Jean Grey, only to see she is coming back. Wow!!!! I'm so glad Marvel finally did this. I hope adult Jean is coming back to stay for good, that it's not a fake out or some such.

I also hope young Jean gets to stick around as well. I like her too.

Jean Grey is my favorite Marvel character and Starfire is my favourite Dc character. Seeing that Anna Diop is cast as Starfire(who I think is a really good actress), and now seeing stuff about adult Jean returning, it feels like Christmas, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon2703 View Post
    There are few people who can become White Phoenix, but only Jean is the "White Phoenix of the Crown", as she is its one and true host.

Ah...I really hope this is real. my favorite caracter has been dead ever since I started reading comics, and I always got so excited for any teaser of her coming back. I am hopeful but I'll try to keep my expectations as low as possible.

But I am confused, I haven't read the Jean Grey solo, so can someone explain me whats going on? It seems there is a retcon about old Jean being dead now? And not in the white hot room? Was it explained ?
    Jean's been dead for years. Theres no retcon in Jean Grey

The retcon happened in Fraction's Uncanny when he said there was a dead body in Jean's grave, when there shouldn't have been.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

So this happened and it was actually funny, I understand though why he's avoiding confirming anything since he probably can't say anything about it until marvel gives the okay to say anything. https://twitter.com/ashcanpress/stat...60307847147520
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 09-13-2017 at 08:26 PM.

Coy deflections are a good sign.

Incredible Member Marvelboy1974's Avatar

Custom WPOTC Jean Grey statue by Vince Vell ustoms. This what I want to see when she returns. Pearl white and gold!
    Attached Images Attached Images

"Years ago, Jean Grey died and the X-Men mourned her. Since then, the world has changed, her teammates have lived without her and died without her. And now, when strange events start happening all over the world, those teammates can only come to one conclusion - the one true Jean Grey is back!"

The text in bold seems to me like the groundwork for this being another trolling attempt on DisMarvel's part and not being the actual or permanent return of Jean Grey. The X-Men can easily be wrong as to what these 'strange events' mean. Sorry, not trusting DisMarvel.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Incredible Member JeanGreyForever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    Custom WPOTC Jean Grey statue by Vince Vell ustoms. This what I want to see when she returns. Pearl white and gold!
    I prefer the metallic liquid gold like in Cockrum's and Byrne's Phoenix although I can see how that would be more difficult to depict.

I don't think they'd be so bold as to tell us she's back in the solicit, even if it's her teammates assuming she may be, and then say "nah"

Incredible Member The_Phenom2893's Avatar

Is there a scan where X-Men have been saying that Jean is the "Heart of the X-Men." And don't say the Generations one-shot. That one doesn't count. I've noticed people have been saying that long before that comic has been released. I'm just curious that's all.

Incredible Member JeanGreyForever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    Is there a scan where X-Men have been saying that Jean is the "Heart of the X-Men." And don't say the Generations one-shot. That one doesn't count. I've noticed people have been saying that long before that comic has been released. I'm just curious that's all.
    It might be in the Apocalypse quote about Jean in one of the last X-Factor issues before the Muir Island Saga. He calls her a lot of things in that quote.