Page 1543 of 1543 FirstFirst ... 543104314431493153315391540154115421543
Results 23,131 to 23,142 of 23142

Quote Originally Posted by aries27 View Post
    Second, please tell me what your guess is about it:

The phoenix is supposed to be her inner full potential power, not a cosmic entity (since she's the same character as in the first trilogy)

How explain the splitted personnalty/dark phoenix, since Charles, after Logan warning in DOFP, didn't put the mental blocks that leaded to Last Stand's Jean drama, and instead asked her (in apocalypse) to use her true power.
    No mental blocks > no splitted personnality

Do you think she won't turn evil but just kill people accidently when her power are getting out of control?
    X-Men movies don't care about continuity at all. Forget what happened in X3, it doesn't matter.
    ďIndifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.Ē
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'm so sad that there's no Phoenix Resurrection today.
    I know Iíve been keeping busy at work so I donít think about it lol hopefully we get a preview soon.
    First X-Lady

Incredible Member Marvelboy1974's Avatar

When does the final issue of Jean Grey come out? The suspense is killing me!

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    X-Men movies don't care about continuity at all. Forget what happened in X3, it doesn't matter.
    even days of future past doesn't matter much

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Well if you look at dofp as altering the future, then x1-x3 will no longer unfold the same way true... but because the changes have an explanation (time travel) it still follows continuity. Because the continuity is that the future is changed.

As to the person you quoted: yea Sophie jean will turn into famke jean on a basic level but nothing that happened in X1-x3 is a given to occur again. Some may and some may not.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    After Phoenix resurrection 5.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    The same day that the last issue of Phoenix Ressurection, the 31/01.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    I'd go a step beyond calling Jean embracing the fact that she is the Phoenix as more than "fulfilling a duty". It's the functional culmination of her development as a character. WPotC is Jean embracing who she actually is. The duality of Jean vs the Pheonix was created first as a plot device to provide conflict during the DPS but was unfortunately continued after her death as being representive of a seperate entity which the balance of evidence frankly doesn't support. This culminated in the worst sin imaginable which was representing Hope in the same way.

For Marvel to reduce Jean to her strictly mutant persona reverses this development in a very extreme way. This would be like hiving off a single aspect of someone's personality and capabilities and saying "that's who you really are". Marvel's inability to depict WPotC in a compelling way is not the fault of the lore that has been built up, it's a lack of creativity on the part of the authors. Power levels do need to be controlled to some extent I'd agree but that's not the same thing we're seeing in the JG solo\P.R. which is very much a de-evolution of the character as someone who once again fears their destiny and capabilities. Something Jean has already overcome twice, first following her death on the moon and again in Endsong. The problem with the Phoenix stories that have come since has been the artificial conflict between Jean and the Phoenix (which should no longer exist) because Marvel doesn't know what to do with a stable, cosmically powered Jean.
    I kind if agree. My biggest problem though is how the Phoenix has been used to link to everyone else, the Phienix 5, Phoenix with Odin, Ohienix complete olot device. The just destroys Jeans relationship with Phoenix Force. But whoever has Phoenix, instill see Jean nit as being a hist like dveryine else, but being Phoenix, or at least a much more intimate relationship than anyine ekse ciuld ever have with Phoenix

If the wedding in Gold is really happening (like the star lord engagement remember that?) Jean arrived just in time for it.
    First X-Lady

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    she created a grappling hook once whenntaking a plastic plane to asteroid M
    And I HATED any kind of physicalmreoresentation like that. Just so pointless, she is telekinetic, shevdiesnt heed a grapimg hook. It smacks of Green Lantern, or if Sue Richards created invidible stuff.

Fantastic Member

I needed my Jean fix today...... on

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    And I HATED any kind of physicalmreoresentation like that. Just so pointless, she is telekinetic, shevdiesnt heed a grapimg hook. It smacks of Green Lantern, or if Sue Richards created invidible stuff.
    yeah, it was redundant. psychic constructs are reduntant.
    I'm telekinetically holding something, no need to create hands
    im telekinetically restraining you, no need to create ropes
    its just cool representation