Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I wouldn't say that. What the solicit really says is that the X-Men assume that some certain events can only mean that Jean is back. But it could easily be a fakeout, like the Avengers BC Phoenix.
    Ha, true, the description is vague. I was going by the actual title. If it says Phoenix Resurrection: The Return of Jean Grey, and it doesn't feature her return, that's just a big fat lie.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Ha, true, the description is vague. I was going by the actual title. If it says Phoenix Resurrection: The Return of Jean Grey, and it doesn't feature her return, that's just a big fat lie.
    Tbh that's such a weird extra-explicative title lol. I expected something more poetic and subtle.

I would think Marvel would make Jean's return bigger. We are finding out about this from a solicit. We will see soon if Marvel will promote this.
    First X-Lady

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

Hopefully someone good writes this. Seriously anyone but Bendis.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian_Soul View Post
    Hopefully someone good writes this. Seriously anyone but Bendis.
    It's Matthew Rosenberg.

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    I would think Marvel would make Jean's return bigger. We are finding out about this from a solicit. We will see soon if Marvel will promote this.
    We're finding out from a solicit that leaked. If Marvel had anticipated leaks they would have revealed it beforehand.

It's about damn time, particularly if the O5 are going back to their own time. There's no way Marvel wouldn't allow Jean.

I'm so excited, guys.

"You are here. You fought the weekend war, and you made it to the other side. Welcome to Monday; you can be anyone here. This is a new day, a new beginning, a new chance to be great. We are wiser and wilder than we were yesterday. Go kiss a stranger. Scream your favorite song from the top of the tallest building. You have the right to remain rock and roll. This is the end of the innocence; youth wasn't wasted on us. Now get out there, and write your story." - Brian Logan Dales, The Summer Set

I'm excited but still cautious. Look what Marvel has made me become.

Yes I'm trying to contain my excitement but man if she's finally coming back I want character interaction like hugs, crying, laughter it needs to be as emotional as Wally West coming back in Rebirth.

Incredible Member JeanGreyForever's Avatar

I'm a tiny bit skeptical but I feel like this is actually the real deal. Although I wonder if that is what people thought about Endsong.

wasn't Jean the White Phoenix last time we saw her????

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    wasn't Jean the White Phoenix last time we saw her????
    I think Marvel mainly ignores Endsong...and Morrison. And all the other White Phoenix appearances Jean made like when she visits Wolverine with Nightcrawler and then when she visits Nightcrawler with Wolverine, etc.

it sounds too good to be truth. so i dont think it's going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Well I hope Jean's first target is Emma. Having the cookoos attack Jean when she wasn't properly trained was just so unfair.
    As much as I would like that, I want that fake blonde to not even be mentioned or acknowledged at all...much like the past few years. This is Jean's time and I don't want that homewrecker to steal any more of her spotlight ever again. The Stepford wannabes definitely have it coming though too.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    They've teased Jean fans for so long, it's hard not to be skeptical. But if that solicit turns out to be true, you can't get any more explicit than that. If she does come back, I'm excited because 3 of the most important people in her life are dead: Scott, Logan, and Charles. She'll have to carve out a new life for herself away from their influence.
    I think that's even more exciting because this will allow Jean to carve out an identity separate from Scott, Logan, and Charles. Especially because Adult Scott is too toxic for her right now and frankly Charles has never really done good for her either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    I'm excited but still cautious. Look what Marvel has made me become.
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    it sounds too good to be truth. so i dont think it's going to happen
    I totally understand that sentiment. How sad is that?

Marvel has teased this before, many times and in many forms, going all the way back to Joss Whedon's run on Astonishing. At every turn, it has been a ruse. It's been going on for so long that we've kind have become numb to it. Now, when it looks like it might actually happen, it's hard to get excited. There's something inherently tragic about that. Then again, Jean Grey and the story of the Phoenix is build on tragedy so it's kind of fitting.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

I am really excited about the news. I understand that some are skeptical. How many times have they teased Jean's return over the years? I think they did it too many times that there wasn't even much excitement about Generations or the recent Jean Grey issue. We are all so cautious that we do not even know if we should be excited about a return because we can't tell if it is real or not. This time feels different. It seems to be legit. I am going to assume it is the real deal until we learn otherwise.

With the Jean Grey solo and Generations there have been hints of a full blown return IMO. I think after all this time it is the perfect time to reintroduce Jean Grey. I personally like that Jean Grey seems to still be Phoenix since I feel Phoenix is the perfect code name for her. I also like the Phoenix best when it is tied to Jean Grey. There was a reason they decided to divorce both codenames Marvel Girl and Phoenix from Rachel. I also think there is a reason why Teen Jean has short hair and doesn't quite sound like the Jean we remember.

Jean Grey is a great character and I always felt she deserved to continue to have great stories told about her. Look how much Cyclops grew and changed during Jean's death. Didn't her character deserve to change and grow too? I want to see her get more development and characterization and for her to be central to stories like Cyclops got to have.