Page 1094 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 9459499410441084109010911092109310941095109610971098110411441194 ... LastLast
Results 16,396 to 16,410 of 22192
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I think we all agree jean (even teen Jean) is capable of using psionic weapons.

Where we disagree is that some people would rather her find her own psionic niche to make her own whereas others are ok with her making psionic weapons in addition to other psionic things. I don't think the debate has anything to do with capability or "who did it first" or "who does it best". Those are beside the point.

I'd like her niche to involve her now combined tk and tp powers, aka her "pink form".
    Writers don't like to be limited like that, and no one writer is going to stick to a certain niche. Bendis is even the only writer who acknowledged her pink form. Lemire gave Jean a fiery energy signature. So far it seems like Hopeless and Bunn are not acknowledging the pink form, but that could change.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aighthomie View Post
    Agreed. Like if she used it on Juggernaut in X-Men:Blue, but it weakens her teammates and the humans start passing out.
    Not really good, and to me lame limitations like that are just a sign of poor writing. As it stands Beast zapped Juggernaught to Siberia. His teammates didn't get affected, and no humans were affected. Of course if beast goes all out his magic he can turn into a demonic beast, but that's really the only limit he has. So while play silly and arbitrary limits on Jean.

Or on the FF, "genius" Reed Richards, with his science has no real limited and he has repeatedly defeated a god who consumes world's.

Incredible Member Peanutsinspace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Quitely draws the best Jean indeed.
    He aged Jean about 200 years, it's true but I think Jean made out better than the saggy, lumpy-fleshed thing that was masquerading as Emma Frost. That was the stuff of nightmares.

I like to pretend that for just an instant, Emma's psychic facade fell and readers were given a glimpse of what she truly looks like.

Pretty cool variant for Jean Grey #2

https://twitter.com/axelalonsomarv/s...87550292082689
    Absolutely love this. I await the adult and young Jean generation cover. I hope a really good artist gets to draw it.
    First X-Lady

That is a pretty cool variant. So far, all the variants for Jean Grey have been pretty awesome. I hope that bodes well for the future of the series.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

Incredible Member The_Phenom2893's Avatar

Well, looks like Bunn is going write Adult Jean Grey instead of Hopeless.
    http://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-gen...R-TW&view=list

Ultimate Member

Well, still makes sense. All of them are written by the legacy heroes' regular writers. In Jean's case they've gone with her team instead of her solo. Makes one wonder, will the rest of team Blue be involved somehow?

Hoping this means we will also get an Olivier Copiel variant for Jean's generation issue.

Also, I'm itching for the X-Men Blue #2 preview. WHERE IS IT?!? lol

Count me in as a fan of Frank Quietly's art, he creates atmosphere like no other. New X-Men 121 couldn't have had the same feeling by any other artist. His Jean looked great there.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Thus far, I've really enjoyed Bunn writing Jean. We still haven't seen too much of his take on the character, but what we have seen definitely makes me feel confident that Bunn will do a good job writing both Jean and Teen Jean. Really looking forward to how this will impact Jean moving forward.

Love it. "Jean Grey plays telephone." lol

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    Jean Grey fans. What is your favorite artist on Jean. (I guess Jeen too) Mine are:

John Byrne
    Frank Quietly (Sometimes)
    Phil Jimenez
    Jim Lee
    Andrea Sorrentino (Even though he only drew Jean for the max of 7 or 8 panels lol. But he also drew Jeen pretty good as well.)

Edit: Adding more on here
    Carlos Pacheco
    Adam Kubert
    I agree on all these plus:
    Chris Bachalo circa UXM 354 (not his current style). That first shot of her in her phoenix duds again while casually eating some chips, is ingrained into my head.
    Stuart Immonen- nuff said
    Ethan Van Sciver- He took special care in drawing Jean and it shows.
    Joe Mad - that issue where she encounters Juggernaut is beautiful.
    Last edited by Bart; 04-20-2017 at 12:10 PM.

Something I noticed about the generations covers released so far - one in particular. Ms Marvel's features Carol as CAPTAIN Marvel. Which means that Phoenix will, perhaps, be in current continuity..

"See, now I'm going to live, Professor. Not just for me... but for Annie, too. I'm going to have an amazing life, Professor. For both of us." - Marvel Girl #1(2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Something I noticed about the generations covers released so far - one in particular. Ms Marvel's features Carol as CAPTAIN Marvel. Which means that Phoenix will, perhaps, be in current continuity..
    I hope that is the case. Everything they've said so far seems to indicate that it takes place in the present and not some time travel shenanigans. However, we should always take what they say with a grain of salt...so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Darn, was really hoping xmen blue 2 preview would be up by my break time.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Given Axel's comments last month on Generations do we think we are seeing the permanent return of JGS? His comments seem to leave that open as a very real possibility.