Page 1097 of 1176 FirstFirst ... 975979971047108710931094109510961097109810991100110111071147 ... LastLast
Results 16,441 to 16,455 of 17629

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think that's just so they don't call it "Jean Grey and Jean Grey". The other characters have like "Wolverine and All New Wolverine" and "Captain Mar-Vell and Captain Marvel" to distinguish them. Also Carol being called Captain Marvel on the pic where she's on her Ms Marvel look lol.
    I get that but like I said, they call her THE Phoenix instead of Phoenix. They didnt call Wolverine, The Wolverine or Mar-Vell, The Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I get that but like I said, they call her THE Phoenix instead of Phoenix. They didnt call Wolverine, The Wolverine or Mar-Vell, The Captain Marvel
    I mean, this is Marvel and this is an event dedicated to Legacy heroes. Marvel has a stance of "well, Jean Grey and the Phoenix were the same person" right now, but even if they didn't this would spoil something VERY important if it were the actual Phoenix... because then, given the nature of the event, that's telling us that the teenage Jean will be the Phoenix.

"You are here. You fought the weekend war, and you made it to the other side. Welcome to Monday; you can be anyone here. This is a new day, a new beginning, a new chance to be great. We are wiser and wilder than we were yesterday. Go kiss a stranger. Scream your favorite song from the top of the tallest building. You have the right to remain rock and roll. This is the end of the innocence; youth wasn't wasted on us. Now get out there, and write your story." - Brian Logan Dales, The Summer Set

Fantastic Member

I think "The Phoenix" is just a way to allude both the Phoenix Force and original Jean.

Fantastic Member The_Phenom2893's Avatar

Boy, next week its Phoenix galore lol. I know Jean is not showing up here, but the Phoenix is, and also if you guys want to check it out.
    http://www.cbr.com/thanos-6/
    The Mighty Thor is also coming next week, and it features the Phoenix too. But it has Quire in it. Meh.

I hate how everyone and their mama can now access the PF when before it used to be just Jean and her kid. Then it was extremely powerful psionics and eventually that wittled down to mutants and now pretty much anyone

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    Boy, next week its Phoenix galore lol. I know Jean is not showing up here, but the Phoenix is, and also if you guys want to check it out.
    The Mighty Thor is also coming next week, and it features the Phoenix too. But it has Quire in it. Meh.
    If there is any justice or continuity it should be adult Jean who comes out of that egg right in time to meet her younger self for Generations. That'd make too much sense right?

Astonishing Member

And both are going to tie into Jean Grey 1 indirectly and generations. Awesome!

And here's the Mighty Thor preview!
    http://www.cbr.com/the-mighty-thor-18-3/

Of course you can thank Fox for this, the next X-Men team film is titled X-Men: Supernova. So with a film focusing on Phoenix in her cosmic glory, they've decided to incorporate her more in the Marvel Universe. The Phoenix appearing in both Thanos and Thor, and later on Jean meeting various major people throughout Marvel like Odinson and Dr. Strange.

I hate how everyone and their mama can now access the PF when before it used to be just Jean and her kid. Then it was extremely powerful psionics and eventually that wittled down to mutants and now pretty much anyone
    So true. And as usual if Jean is not involved I could care less about the force.

Fantastic Member

My personal head cannon is that all these random Phoenixes since Endsong are just rogue fragments that Jean is too lazy to collect.

Astonishing Member

The Phoenix can exist inside of anything. It could possess a firefly. But not everyone it possesses is a Phoenix. Notice when the Phoenix entered the p5, they completely lost focus on what they Phoenix was supposed to do, undo Wanda's spell and restore mutation. Hope herself did that when she cast the No More Phoenix spell with Wanda.

The true Phoenix who saves everything is Jean Grey, who saved the universe from destruction at the hands of D'Ken, who stopped the celestials from destroying a planet (X-Factor 50), who ended Inferno (the demons on earth were destroyed when Jean accepted the part of Phoenix that had animated Maddie/Goblin Queen). Jean is the Phoenix that saved both mutants and the Shi'ar from Cassandra Nova. She erased a future universe that had been corrupted by Sublime.

The Phoenix 5 immediately got power hungry and made themselves rulers of Earth. Showing that they weren't Phoenixes at all, and in the aftermath of this the Phoenix broke their powers. They could not contain the power. During Endsong, Emma Frost said she was a shell, not a host and that it was going to burn her up.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aighthomie View Post
    My personal head cannon is that all these random Phoenixes since Endsong are just rogue fragments that Jean is too lazy to collect.
    She did collect the fragments from Rachel and Korvus (Rachel even says so), the fragments from the cuckoos were collected, and the fragment that went to the p5 and then to the ended host dispersed as it restored mutation.

As for the Phoenixes in Thor and Thanos, we know Adult Jean/The Phoenix is appearing in generations, so who is to say she doesn't collect them?

I don't care how she collects the Phoenix fragments or if they are rogue fragments as long as only Jean and Rachel can use the PF.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post

Of course you can thank Fox for this, the next X-Men team film is titled X-Men: Supernova. So with a film focusing on Phoenix in her cosmic glory, they've decided to incorporate her more in the Marvel Universe. The Phoenix appearing in both Thanos and Thor, and later on Jean meeting various major people throughout Marvel like Odinson and Dr. Strange.
    You really believe this is happening to piggyback off that upcoming film? It won't be out for like a year will it? Or more
    Chris Claremont, Peter David, Mike Carey, Cullen Bunn = canon. Others = fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post

Wow. Between Thanos and Thor, the Phoenix Force is more prevalent than Jean herself at this point. So much for Wanda and Hope's "No More Phoenix" trick at the end of AvX.

I'm hoping there's a good reason for this. Perhaps a more active Phoenix Force will help set up the story in Jean's solo series. I hope Marvel does coordinate among writers when using something as powerful as the Phoenix. It would be great if the Phoenix is part of a larger story that'll play out in both Jean's solo series and a larger event down the line. That, or Marvel is just treating the Phoenix like the Cosmic Cube and using it as one big McGuffin. It could really go either way at this point.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    We can hope. This specific line from Axel seems to really be speaking to Jean...

“There’s that old cliche,’absence makes the heart grow fonder.’ You don’t take these characters off the board with the intention to keep them off the board forever. One of the tropes of our medium is characters get a second wind. They die and come back. That’s part of the beauty of what we do.”

FYI - Marvel's official page for Jean still refers to her real name as JGS so I guess they didn't get the memo.
    I think that Marvel sees Jeen as Jean. So, for them, they already bring her back.