Page 822 of 832 FirstFirst ... 322722772812818819820821822823824825826 ... LastLast
Results 12,316 to 12,330 of 12472
    Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Hunter has an obvious connection to Wonder Woman and Superman regardless of what any twists might be revealed. Diana's his mother, and even if Kal isn't his biological father, he wears his symbol and surely he wears it for a reason. So the dual connection has been established and won't go away.
    And that's what really matters: The people who inspired him and whose symbols he wears. For all we know he might not remember things correctly and might not actually be related to either of them. Like I have said before, this is not something that will carry any real effect on continuity, such as with numerous Marvel Events like Age of Apocalypse, House of M, 1602, etc.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    But they aren't evil, people just say they are cause they don't want people killing and robbing anymore and are willing to back that up by force if neccesary. Is Dany evil for roasting the Tarly's for not bending the knee? Batman would think so.

Hell who would Batman support in the Game of Thrones? Everyone vieing for it has had to kill in some way and he's viamently against that even for good reasons. Or would he be like Littlefiger trying to put himself there because It's the only choice he could live with. Personally I think the latter.
    In Riddle of the Beast, the Medieval Elseworlds with magic like Game of Thrones? Those versions of DC heroes kill people, and even moreso demons.

10 characters minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    But they aren't evil, people just say they are cause they don't want people killing and robbing anymore and are willing to back that up by force if neccesary. Is Dany evil for roasting the Tarly's for not bending the knee? Batman would think so.

Hell who would Batman support in the Game of Thrones? Everyone vieing for it has had to kill in some way and he's viamently against that even for good reasons. Or would he be like Littlefiger trying to put himself there because It's the only choice he could live with. Personally I think the latter.
    Quite a number of people saw Dany as evil for doing that. The Regime may have good intentions (maybe, it's implied Superman is just taking out his anger on the world and that Wonder Woman was always a monster) but that doesn't make their methods any less evil. Replace them with main book Sinestro and they'd still be deemed evil.

Astonishing Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Bryan Hitch tweeted: "It seems the possible future kids of the Justice League have been a huge hit with you guys, especially Hunter."

https://twitter.com/THEBRYANHITCH/st...18869878910976

Astonishing Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Well, I can't say I'm surprised or disappointed about Hunter's backstory. It's pretty much what I was expecting...

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I'm leaning towards Hunter wearing Superman's cape because Kal "adopted" him after being abandoned by his mother.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Well, I can't say I'm surprised or disappointed about Hunter's backstory. It's pretty much what I was expecting...
    There was no way they were going to rock the boat here, but it appears he will remain a critical part of the arc since the next issue hints at his ''secret''. Any guesses on what that is? Son of Sovereign?

Somehow, I don't think this issue will help anyone in here get attached to Jon either

Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar

I still say he was born from clay. Probably designed specifically for the threat that came. Maybe Diana loved him too much though and didn't want him used as a weapon.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-16-2017 at 08:34 AM.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

Could it have been pitched as Superman's kid? Maybe. Hitch is like me and likes both Superman/Lois and Superman/WW. But on the other hand just as possible that this simply was the pitch. Impossible to know. But there's no way it was a situation that last month it was supposed to be one thing and now its changed.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

(sigh) I tried to warn you guys last month.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarek View Post
    Speculation is nice and all but the reality is, don't expect much on this, people. You might be disappointed...
    And the resolution to the whole thing is not better either. Thats why for me, as far as sm/ww is concerned, the story holds no traction. Hitch can only go so far.
    I invite people here to avoid having feelings of anger and resentment because of Hunter not being who you thought he was.
    Searching for Samus Aran. Still.

I'm not mad at all. The set-up is still intriguing to me. I still think it would be a great opportunity to show a new bond grow between Diana and Clark over Hunter, and finally get back tangibly their pre-FP relationship. I'm really hoping its a situation where Diana had to give Hunter up, and specifically chose Clark to take care of him. They should always at the very least be the best of friends but so far Rebirth hasn't done much of anything to re-establish that. This storyline just so happens to give a platform to do that, and I hope Hitch capitalizes.

So.... Hunter is Diana's biological son and Clark's adopted son, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Xarek View Post
    (sigh) I tried to warn you guys last month.

And the resolution to the whole thing is not better either. Thats why for me, as far as sm/ww is concerned, the story holds no traction. Hitch can only go so far.
    I invite people here to avoid having feelings of anger and resentment because of Hunter not being who you thought he was.
    I guess in the end we have none to blame for rising our own expectations but ourselves. Hitch very clearly appeased Clois/bmww fans the 1st time one of them complained. We really have to start being smarter about all of this at this point.

I also ask other fans not to get angry at Hitch, the reality of rebirth is what it is. We still have to be thankfull for his post rebirth SMWW moments.
    It's called... "Champion of the oppressed."

Quote Originally Posted by Dominick1216 View Post
    So.... Hunter is Diana's biological son and Clark's adopted son, right?
    Yep. That's how its insinuated here. Though I'm still thinking Diana might have made him out of clay. But either way she'd still be his mother in every way Hippolyta was Diana's mother when she had that origin.

If there's one thing that I have to say I have a right to be sad about, is that showing him with Diana's gear and Clark's cape. Having him fighting Clark in the 'fight their parents' cover. The final page with him facing Clark. It still does feel like a spit on the face. It's... disingenuous to say the least.

When you put a character with these kinds of cues... you will give hopes to the Diana and Kal fanbase. One has to know this.

This is further complicated as an attack on the fandom as it opens the venue for people to say we are angry that he's adopted, not biological, that we are being prejudicial to adopted kids. One little 'trap' inside the other. Again, 'disingenuous' to say the least.

Here's the problem: When you show him in SMWW gear, you are clearly opening expectations:

1 - He's not Clark's biological son, OK, he's adopted. But -

2 - Diana abandoned him and left him with Clark. Which leads to -

3 - Diana and Clark had no relationship as well.

So, DC shows Hunter in SMWW gear, which they had to know will lead to hopes for the SMWW fandom. But he's not Clark's biological son, neither there's a future Diana and Kal relationship. Again, 'disingenuous' to say the least.

Again, as we said, he could have been from the still existing 52 offshoot timeline. Not even that.

Another problem (on top of Diana abandoning Hunter until it's explained why): Who told Hunter that Diana abandoned him? Clark? How did he tell this? The way Clark told this is why Hunter is angry at Diana?
    It's called... "Champion of the oppressed."