Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default SDCC: Marvel's "Contest of Champions" Heads to Mobile Fall 2014

"Contest of Champions," a new Marvel mobile game by Kabam and writer Sam Humphries is set to debut Fall 2014.

Full article here.

Yay! Due to Avengers 2, Vision is relevant again. Glad to see him make the cut for this one.

Overall, looks like it could be fun. I hope they find a good way to get special moves in, but perhaps the concept of a "down, forward, x" -type move is becoming irrelevant and they truly have found a more intuitive, elegant way to keep the use of these characters' individual powers unique.
    Currently Reading: A handful of series that will be canceled soon.

Storm vs. Black Panther in the trailer?

Tsk tsk, Marvel.

Yeah, I noticed that (battle of the exes).

The game is looking bada$$ and having Storm is a MAJOR plus, so I'll be all over this when it comes out.
    Visit Storm-Goddess One of the longest running and most advance Storm fan sites on the net

Storm #5 by Greg Pak - November 19, 2014

Marvel seems to have so many projects on the go at the moment which is awesome... but, I just hope they coin quality over quantity with how much that's on their plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Storm vs. Black Panther in the trailer?

Tsk tsk, Marvel.
    yeah, isn't that technically domestic violence?
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

I really wish this branch of Marvel had the backing (and vision) to really put out some compelling games on non-mobile platforms.

Visually this game looks pretty good, but I don't see how this can control well with any real depth without buttons and some directional input device.

Seriously, would it be too much to ask them to make a $15 game on home and portable consoles?

This sort of game should really be out on consoles, not just mobile platforms, especially if they create a great comic roster. Marvel needs to have it's own Injustice style game and not have to rely on stupid EA and Capcom characters no one cares about to fill up slots. A nice 30-40 character roster with characters from the Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Guardians and the like. But have to have I love the roster so far, though I hope there's costume options so I don't have to play as Punk Storm, I know I'm likely in the minority but I hate that character design. Having Falcon Cap and the female Thor would also probably promote some healthy interest from fans.

Also I would love a Telltale style story based game for some Marvel characters.

i thought marvel wants to have its game in a shared-continuity. wth is this

Spider-Prime's Only Fan Spider-Prime's Avatar

at least this actually seems like a game and not a yah it's just marvel pictures put into a game based on other games that already existed before.

smh Marvel stop making mobile games...

Spider-Prime's Only Fan Spider-Prime's Avatar

I just wish they put them on other things other than smart phones, like PC or handhelds like the DS and Vita. I'm not a fan of mobile gaming and I'm not going to buy a expensive phone or tablet to just play games on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    This sort of game should really be out on consoles, not just mobile platforms, especially if they create a great comic roster. Marvel needs to have it's own Injustice style game and not have to rely on stupid EA and Capcom characters no one cares about to fill up slots. A nice 30-40 character roster with characters from the Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Guardians and the like. But have to have I love the roster so far, though I hope there's costume options so I don't have to play as Punk Storm, I know I'm likely in the minority but I hate that character design. Having Falcon Cap and the female Thor would also probably promote some healthy interest from fans.

Also I would love a Telltale style story based game for some Marvel characters.
    Having looked at this game, mobile really seems like the place it should stay.

Even Marvel vs Capcom 3 was better than Injustice. And that game had just about as many Marvel characters as Injustice has characters.

Anyone have a complete list of characters in this game?

It looks cool, but why is Storm the only female character in this?