Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Wielder of the Bokken

Default SDCC 2014: Cosplayer found bloody and unconscious, family asking for assistance

No, that's not a joke headline. A young woman was found on the side of the road, bloody and unconscious. Friends and family have posted a picture of her in the costume she was wearing that day, asking anyone who might have seen anything about it to contact the police. If nothing else, being able to say "I saw her still in X section of the convention center at X time according to my photo's timestamp" that can help. http://graphicpolicy.com/2014/07/29/...g-a-cosplayer/

San Diego Harbor Police Department is handling this. They issued a press release a short bit ago saying:
    Quote Originally Posted by https://www.facebook.com/usa.portofsandiego
    The Port's Harbor Police Department has received a large volume of media inquiries about an incident that took place over the weekend. The following information has been released. No further information can be shared at this time, as the incident is under investigation.

Incident Type: Arrest
    Incident Date/Time: July 27, 2014 1:15am
    Summary: Harbor Police arrested a 29-year-old man early Sunday morning, July 27th in a hotel at 333 West Harbor Drive. He was booked into San Diego County Jail at 11:20 am on charges of sexual contact with a minor and contributing to the delinquency of minor. The victim, a juvenile female, was transported to a hospital for evaluation and treatment. The Harbor Police Investigations Unit is handling the incident. This investigation is ongoing.

Edited to add: Upon finding out the young woman is a minor, sites relaying the news have pulled her name and photos from press releases. She was dressed in a sexy sort of Roger Rabbit costume, with a tied white blouse and polka-dot bow-tie, snug red shorts with a bunny tail on the back, knee high socks, a bright red wig and tall white bunny ears on a headband.

Please note that the costume description is simply to provide reference for if anyone might have seen something going on, NOT a call for judgement because of her costume choice! Let's just not even go there.
    Last edited by DarkBlade; 07-29-2014 at 11:36 PM.

My LCS reposted this on their Facebook page and I was appalled. My prayers go out to her and her family.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

That's horrible, hope they throw the book at the scumbag who did this.

My God! I feel so bad! My thoughts and prayers go out to her family.

this is the first indication I've seen that they've arrested someone.

so I hope they have the guy and he can tell them what happened (before they throw the book at him)
    A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif

Wielder of the Bokken

Family friend has reported that she's still in ICU with a brain bleed.

good lord this is terrible. Praying for the victim and that the authorities catch whoever is responsible
    The J-man

I hope this thread can stay open, and civil.

I hope they bust everyone responsible and #%@*&ing hard.

And, I hope to hell she comes out of it as okeh as possible.
    Anonymous un-vetted tumblr & reddit posters are the most significant voices in social politics today. If you're paranoid and forget there's a world out there.

What a truly horrible story.
    I hope the young lady will recover fully and that she will have lots of support to get over this nightmare.

Wow i don't even know what to say,

I hope the young lady in question is going to be ok.

Super Moderator

Default San Diego Police Investigate Assault of SDCC Cosplayer

San Diego Harbor Police are investigating the assault of a minor believed to be a cosplayer who attended last week's Comic-Con International.

Full article here.

What a terrible thing to happen to someone. I hope the girl is able to recover well and that if the man they arrested is indeed guilty gets the punishment he is due.
    Thennary Speaks - Video reviews for comic books, anime & manga, J-pop and other topics

Octavius Core...wishing the doors would open...

Quote Originally Posted by Thennary Nak View Post
    What a terrible thing to happen to someone. I hope the girl is able to recover well and that if the man they arrested is indeed guilty gets the punishment he is due.
    Agreed, I hope he is arrested and I hope she fully recovers. No one deserves to attend a fun event and wake up in the gutter bleeding and close to death.

Thoughts are with the family of this girl.

Wielder of the Bokken

I'm not entirely clear on the timeline... it seems that he might have been arrested BEFORE she was found, since it was Sunday morning and she disappeared Sunday night, if I'm reading it correctly.

Quivering Euphoric Blob CaTigeReptile's Avatar

It's so unfair. A child went to have a fun time dressed up at a convention and could very well end up with permanent brain damage because of it. I hope everything turns out okay and that justice will be served.