Page 2078 of 2088 FirstFirst ... 10781578197820282068207420752076207720782079208020812082 ... LastLast
Results 31,156 to 31,170 of 31319

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Jill Scott has joined the Black Lightning show.
    http://deadline.com/2017/10/black-li...es-1202182537/
    Did not see that coming.

Hey, want to know what Kristin Stewart and Lupita Nyong'o have in common? They're both being considered for a Charlie's Angels reboot.

https://www.avclub.com/kristen-stewa...the-1819005588

Yikes.

Then one retailer got lots of applause for objecting to the ordering process for the Marvel Lenticular covers, and got lots of applause, Bleeding Cool has covered repeatedly objections to the way Marvel Comics have handled this.

But he kept going with his objections and soon he was bringing up the fact that Marvel now had female versions of characters instead of the males, with echoing shouts from the crowd of retailers about not changing all the characters all at once – which is something I have also hear Marvel executives echo. But things were getting tense.

Two older retailers started raising their voices arguing about diversity and how it does not work. The words “black”, “homo” and “freaking females” were used multiple times, at which point other retailers started to boo those retailers and the room started to turn on itself. Marvel editor Nick Lowe tried to get calm by saying that Marvel try and they tell stories for everyone, that the old heroes are not going anywhere, neither are the new ones, there is room for them both.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/10...retailer-nycc/

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Hey, want to know what Kristin Stewart and Lupita Nyong'o have in common? They're both being considered for a Charlie's Angels reboot.

https://www.avclub.com/kristen-stewa...the-1819005588
    Hmm...if it's going to be in the style of the goofy movies it might work, but the reboot of the TV series they tried a few years ago was a big flop.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Jill Scott has joined the Black Lightning show.
    http://deadline.com/2017/10/black-li...es-1202182537/
    Now I have to watch this....

So Static, Icon & Rocket are getting ongoings!! Awesome news! I can't wait for that!

https://www.newsarama.com/36748-nycc...one-panel.html

Edit: Xombi also getting an update with Duo? Hmm
    Last edited by El_Gato; 10-05-2017 at 01:41 PM.
    NOT REMOVING UNTIL
    -Blue Beetle joins the Teen Titans
    -Static joins the Teen Titans
    -We get Young Justice Rebirth

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    So Static, Icon & Rocket are getting ongoings!! Awesome news! I can't wait for that!

https://www.newsarama.com/36748-nycc...one-panel.html

Edit: Xombi also getting an update with Duo? Hmm
    Great, I'm excited they're finally announced. I guess Hardware is still in development since he's a bit outdated, especially with tech based heroes like Cyborg, Iron Man and somewhat Blue Beetle exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr HardKnocks View Post
    Great, I'm excited they're finally announced. I guess Hardware is still in development since he's a bit outdated, especially with tech based heroes like Cyborg, Iron Man and somewhat Blue Beetle exist.
    He could work still. Play up the fact that his armor is built for nothing but killing and have him use more melee/CQC weapons like his chain or a sword. Have him be more bombastic than those three.

Ultimate Member

YOu know what is funny?

DC has pretty much announced 15 books with POC be it solo or team in LEAD roles. To add with Cyborg, Beetle, GL & New Superman-20 books.

Wonder will those guys go off on that? Funny this I hate diversity crap or the I am going out of business because comments never go beyond Marvel.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr HardKnocks View Post
    I wonder...

Hardware was pretty much an allegory on McDuffie's dealings with the comics industry/creator's rights issues.

They may not want to do it without him.

Or they may be figuring how to even go about it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    YOu know what is funny?

DC has pretty much announced 15 books with POC be it solo or team in LEAD roles. To add with Cyborg, Beetle, GL & New Superman-20 books.

Wonder will those guys go off on that? Funny this I hate diversity crap or the I am going out of business because comments never go beyond Marvel.
    Yeah, I heard about that controversy at the marvel retailer panel, i guess this confirms that most retailers don't want non white male characters in books.

Genesis of A Nemesis Things Fall Apart's Avatar

SO what are the announced books?

Static Shock
    Earth M
    Milestone
    Love Army
    Duo
    Amber

Is that all of them so far?
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Captain America, Falcon, Tales of Suspense, Avengers
    DC Comics: Challengers of the Unknown, The Terrifics, Justice League

PSN Gamertag:

CR1MS0N_DYNAM0

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I wonder...

Hardware was pretty much an allegory on McDuffie's dealings with the comics industry/creator's rights issues.

They may not want to do it without him.

Or they may be figuring how to even go about it.
    Maybe that's the case, what I'm really curious about is will The Shadow Cabinet return. I think that has a lot of potential.

Every video they put out is more and more hype.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    YOu know what is funny?

DC has pretty much gone all out when it comes to diversity recently.

Cyborg, Blue Beetle, Green Lanterns, Super-Man, Michael Cray, Silencer, Sideways, Static Shock, Icon & Rocket (Milestone), Xombi (Duo), Black Lightning(mini), Signal (mini), Bane (maxi)... Plus a bunch of diverse team line-ups with JLA, Love Army, Immortal Men, and The Terrifics.

I wonder when people will start conplaining about too much diversity? I hope that doesn't happen because I love a diverse line-up!
    NOT REMOVING UNTIL
    -Blue Beetle joins the Teen Titans
    -Static joins the Teen Titans
    -We get Young Justice Rebirth