Page 123 of 336 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 5034

Quote Originally Posted by Austin316 View Post
    So

spoilers:
    The issue of WWE Magazine dated June lists Jericho as a "current" star. This has led to speculation he may return for MITB.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    That would be awesome if he became WWE World Heavyweight Champion.
    end of spoilers

To anyone who talks on these kinds of places often and visits the news and speculation sites, have you ever stopped visiting for a period to see how your enjoyment of the product is affected? I might try and take a months break between Payback and MITB.

Watching NXT...so Bo-Lieve came from people chanting "Bo, Leave", didn't it? (That would be awesome).
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.
    Old board post count: 2,089

To anyone who talks on these kinds of places often and visits the news and speculation sites, have you ever stopped visiting for a period to see how your enjoyment of the product is affected? I might try and take a months break between Payback and MITB.
    My enjoyment stayed the same in regards to news/speculation. Although, when I met CM Punk at Wizard World last year, my view of him changed. Very anticlimactic but looking back at it I'm really not surprised anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
    Watching NXT...so Bo-Lieve came from people chanting "Bo, Leave", didn't it? (That would be awesome).
    No, bo, leave was new.

who is she?

BANNED

that's Summer Rae...Fandangos "ex" partner

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    ahhh, thanks. I didn't recognize her.

I prefer "the soon to be top female heel"
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.
    Old board post count: 2,089

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Not really, they didn't sing and the camera had to zoom in to find 2 people dancing. These gimmicks don't get over day 1, you have to build it.
    +1

Especially since you're porting it over from NXT. Assume the main-show fans don't watch NXT (they probably don't); you basically have to rebuild the character from scratch. Bo Dallas, from what I understand, has had a great character evolution, especially since he's a Boo-urns gag come to life, but you have to assume none of the main-show fans know that. (I haven't seen his debut, but I assume) he has to bounce off the fans cheering or booing him; crickets won't work. He needs a fan reaction of some kind to fuel his character.

IMO it won't click with fans until he gets in front of a smarky, NXT-aware crowd where they can boo him and he'll say "Hear that? They're saying Bo!" and he hears "No More Bo" as "No, we want More Bo" and then everyone'll get it.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Bo Dallas - flop.

Maybe he should wear pink trunks with flowers on it and wear a blond wig and called himself bo stratus since he's using her finisher as his finisher now.
    check yo' wrestling history

Spike Dudley used the spinning bulldog as a finisher in ECW and WWE

and im fairly sure some other wrestlers used it before as well
    That was Roman Reigns finish, too, before he took on the spear.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Never thought I'd see the day Vib would be defending Bo Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    So the E is prepping for a Barrett face run?
    His gimmick can actually be pretty good for a face too. On American Idol, Simon Cowell was supposed to be the "bad guy" but he eventually became everyone's favorite.

He'll be the one who come out and tells it like it is. (Which will sometimes lead to him getting squashed by the new bad heel, but oh well)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadis View Post
    I was more speaking of before then. Back when he was fairly new in and then in the prime of his WWF/E career. Regardless of what exactly was expected of him, Jericho rarely had problems eliciting a solid reaction or getting fans interested in what he was doing. Be that reaction positive or negative.

Do I agree Trips has gotten too much focus at times? Sure, I'll co-sign that. I used to say similar things at other locals. But I'm not going to protest about something like his presence in the current storyline. Seeing him lose is a fairly big fan motivator. Probably the most heat getting thing Evolution can provide at this point. Someone like Reigns going over Hunter at Summerslam (rumored) could help Roman too.
    overachieving isn't as hard when nothing is xpected from you.

i can't subscribe to that line of thought. i can't credit HHH for being able to get the most heat out of the guys in evolution when he created the situation where he's the only one who can get heat. he's also partly if not directly responsible for wins over other guys not meaning as much a win over him.

basically i think if HHH had just put some guys over and fukt off sometime back other guys could've got more over and be getting heat and taking meaningful losses.

check yo' wrestling history

Spike Dudley used the spinning bulldog as a finisher in ECW and WWE

and im fairly sure some other wrestlers used it before as well
    check yo eyes, acid drop isn't a bulldog it's a cutter

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    Kane, Mark Henry, Vader, Umaga, and etc. I figured if they let Bray Wyatt go through the WWE roster like he did on Monday Night Raw, then he would be seen as a Monster Heel, wouldn't he? Or is he always going to be labeled as a crazy Heel because of his promos?
    you notice all those guys are A)huge(over 300lbs) and B)don't have a flock or minions they hide behind or use to do their dirty work?? they might have a manager/handler that hides behind them. for bray to be a monster heel he'd have to change his wrestling style and work matches like those guys you mentioned he might need to stop hanging with guys who dwarf him also. that's not going to happen though because that's not what bray is, he's a manipulative psycho heel.

they kind of have to considering how the crowd is getting behind him

watching a lot of the docs on WWE network and Legends of Wrestling stuff

Michael Hayes is kind of a stick in the mud...didn't like DX, didn't think Edge could be champ...who would have thought that Mr Freebird would be a poop
    not a fan of hayes but can't blame him for that.

i usually only check out this stuff at work(boring job) and never while watching stuff. i like to try and zone out and forget all the BS, the shows are more enjoyable for that way and i know nobody influenced my opinions.

I prefer "the soon to be top female heel"
    is summer a heel?? and am i the only one who finds her very unattractive??
    Last edited by BigLbo; 05-25-2014 at 01:51 AM.

BANNED

not a fan of hayes but can't blame him for that.
    Yes you can...when it was super obvious how popular DX was, and Hayes' own group The Freebirds were just as bad as DX, for him to not get it is a gross lack of forward thinking