Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 32727879808182
Results 1,216 to 1,229 of 1229

Quote Originally Posted by Dmouse View Post
    why do i think SG is born out of her time? good question, I've met and talked to some people who clearly were just that and their style and the things they say are from a different time and yet they still fit into society and do well.
    But back to SG I would also say she is a small town girl loving the big city and the cynicism of the city will not beat her because her principle values just run too strong
    Good answer. I can't say i have met a lot of such people. But yes i have met such people. Kind of old fashioned but doing pretty good. Yes i love this thing about SG. She has such a spirit and is unaffected by anyone around her. Someone with such an attitude is definitely unbeatable. No one can put her down. Bless her.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I didn't feel the awesomeness of that Galactus story one because SG has been always talking to enemies to stop them from doing things and it started with Kraven. So, I thought SG was going to be able to kind of beat Doom by talking to him too but it wasn't and as I was reading, I put myself as Squirrel Girl and couldn't think of a way how to beat Doom. Unlike me, North is a genius.
    SG has a kind of style which is so unique in the dreary world of comic books. I have not read such a thing anywhere else. Not everyone can be talked with. Dr. Doom is an example. But a lot of stories can end simply by a heart to heart talk. Pretty important lesson in our hateful climate where things are often blown out of proportion. When required she will beat the bad guys. She dominated Kraven. Kraven would have been beaten up by her if the story went on. But she talked with him and won. This is one kind of victory which is more then the victory we usually see in comics. I have read somewhere that winning the heart is actual victory. The enemy ceases to exist.

I saw it for the first time in Kraven. But in Galactus story it was more refined. She tried to beat Galactus. It did not work. She was still learning. She tried just as she tried with Kraven and became sucessful. It has to be the biggest victory ever if the biggest villain in existence has become your friend. Galactus is not someone ordinary. He is terror. He is the end of the world. Numerous worlds shake in fear. Heroes are no match for him. They are not even ants in front of Galactus. But she managed to sit on his shoulder and became an equal.

What a victory! It shows her other talents apart from her power of beating up villains. Her unbreakable spirit, as well as her empathy and friendly nature. The story shows her fearlessness too. It is foolish from her end to even think of defeating someone like Galactus. But say what she did! Galactus is her pal now. Other heroes shall learn a thing or two from her. There would be less of those Civil Wars.

Such a story where she talks and becomes friends shall be boring. But it is really great. I love the fantastic dialogue and comedy. This is what makes the story my favorite. There is so much personality displayed by everyone here. And i don't take it as one issue. The story started with her racing to her helicopter and later 'borrowing' Iron Squirrel from Tony Stark. She displays such effervescence throughout the story. Even the bank robbers scene shows the richness of her as well as the characters in her world. Galactus issue was the very satisfying ending to that arc. To borrow from someone the humor, heroism and heart was displayed to the fullest here. That is my opinion off course. We may find even more such stories in the book. It is so good.

Dr. Doom was another fantastic arc. She can talk and win. But she can fight and win too. You are right. It was a stroke of genius. It was so incredibly imaginative. This victory again shows her strengths. This time her intelligence. If some other book will show that i may say it was my favorite story in the book. But this book is so consistently amazing that there are stories which can compete with her defeating Dr. Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Good news guys!

Attachment 55809
    All of the three here! You go girl!
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 10-08-2017 at 01:40 AM.

Soooooo excited.
    "Lightning, deliver this place from darkness." - Storm in X-men TAS.

[SIZE=2]You should read The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl solo, X-men Gold, Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther solo and Storm's second ongoing solo coming on 2018 with Ta-Nehisi Coates as writer as Jen Bartel as artist/SIZE]

"The Month of May is Ororo Munroe aka Storm Month"

Faves: Ororo Munroe aka Storm (Marvel), X (Dark Horse), Vincent Van Goat (Valiant), Superboy Prime (DC), Ingrid (Street Fighter), Celine Dion (Music)

Soubhagya, I really like your whole piece beginning with "SG has a kind of style which is so unique in the dreary world of comic books."
    Indeed! It stood right out to me when I picked up that first first-issue. I knew nothing of Squirrel Girl until that first first-issue cover suggested here was something more than that 'dreary world of comic books' most often has to offer.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Jack Staff, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Rat Queens, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Usagi, Velvet

Amazing Member

Also suposidly there is a pilot for New Warriors TV out there someplace "and it's awesome".

https://twitter.com/marvellive/statu...57321452425218

I havent touched my usg comics for a while but earlier when i scanned through #11, i actually noticed that she looked better because her lips were drawn not as huge as previous issues . so i checked issue #12 but Henderson went back to drawing Doreen with huge lips again.
    "Lightning, deliver this place from darkness." - Storm in X-men TAS.

[SIZE=2]You should read The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl solo, X-men Gold, Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther solo and Storm's second ongoing solo coming on 2018 with Ta-Nehisi Coates as writer as Jen Bartel as artist/SIZE]

"The Month of May is Ororo Munroe aka Storm Month"

Faves: Ororo Munroe aka Storm (Marvel), X (Dark Horse), Vincent Van Goat (Valiant), Superboy Prime (DC), Ingrid (Street Fighter), Celine Dion (Music)

Astonishing Member

From PreviewsWorld.Com.....the Following Preview Pages from UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL #25.

Astonishing Member

The latest News regarding the NEW WARRIORS TV Series {including Squirrel Girl as one of the 'Warriors'} can be read here.

Ultimate Member

And it's not good.

Astonishing Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

That depends on whether you think the show airing on Freeform is good.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    The latest News regarding the NEW WARRIORS TV Series {including Squirrel Girl as one of the 'Warriors'} can be read here.
    I truly want to see a Live action Squirrel Girl and whether we get that in TV or Movie form is up to Disney and Marvel...why not air it on the Disney Channel ? I mean make it a small part of the Marvel block on Disney channel ?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I truly want to see a Live action Squirrel Girl and whether we get that in TV or Movie form is up to Disney and Marvel...why not air it on the Disney Channel ? I mean make it a small part of the Marvel block on Disney channel ?
    It's kind of is done on Disney's sister Channel, DISNEY XD

PS.....Whoopsie.....again, my apologies for the Mistype...!!
    Last edited by PaxHouse; 11-02-2017 at 08:42 AM.

Ultimate Member

It's called Disney XD, and yeah, they tend to show Avengers, Spider-Man, and Guardians of the Galaxy together. Those are cartoons though (Doreen did show up on Ultimate Spider-Man at one point).

Its not a good news. Personally i would have been happier if it would have been her show. But i will settle for any form of her. Let s hope we get good news soon.