Page 119 of 186 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 2777
    Incredible Member Geek Mangacomic's Avatar

IMG_5164.jpg
    So, am I the only one who actually prefers OML?
    Reading List/Pull List
    Marvel: Old Man Logan, Old Man Hawkeye Old Man Logan vs. Deadpool, Cable, X-Men Gold, X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Astonishing X-Men, Weapon X, Phoenix Ressurection, Royals, Black Bolt, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, Secret Warriors, Ms. Marvel, Champions, Daredevil, Defenders, Captain America
    DC: Deathstroke, Titans, Teen Titans, Batman, Action Comics, Doomsday Clock

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    IMG_5164.jpg
    Why would you prefer him? Besides him being old and from a alternate reality where he allowed his family to be bullied and killed I don't see any difference. They have just put decent writers on his book.

IMG_5164.jpg
    No. I prefer him too.

IMG_5164.jpg
    I prefer him, but not if he's gonna be on 4 titles.

Amazing Member

IMG_5164.jpg
    Honestly, I like both versions, because Lemire did a pretty good job on his run. Maybe I like OML a little bit more. So I am in the sh*$ situation to let one go to get the other. But I think, they can not keep Logan old for a long time. I was just curious for Lemiere's last arc of OLM, if he would merge the two together due to OML's time traveling. Logan managed to life with memory problems before.
    But I agree with MarvelMaster616 that, if they bring 616 Logan back, this will be a bigger event and it will be not like this.

I am not very optimistic for this upcoming generation event based on the words Tom Taylor gave on this, because he only talked about Laura and how it will affect her. I probably will not pull this mini. Really not looking forward to this. If they do a daughter/father stuff, which i would like very much, it should not be only for a crappy limited series it would be nice to stick for a bit longer. Logan only appearing and disappearing again only for one story is not for me. I am sick of the Logan killing. And I am all for a co existing of two wolverines. Maybe I am wrong, but I am fearing there will nothing coming out for me then.
    Last edited by GylT'Nav; 04-21-2017 at 07:13 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя Tycon View Post
    I prefer him, but not if he's gonna be on 4 titles.
    I agree, it is not good for the character! But I will read all I can get before they kill this version of Logan too! And I intend to enjoy it, as long as he is present!
    Last edited by GylT'Nav; 04-21-2017 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Why would you prefer him? Besides him being old and from a alternate reality where he allowed his family to be bullied and killed I don't see any difference. They have just put decent writers on his book.
    I don't get it either, it's like having a preference for old Bruce Wayne from Batman Beyond over Batman. Old crotchety characters who retain the some of same characteristics as their younger selves, but physically inept. To each their own I guess.

Amazing Member

By the way OML #22 is up :
    http://www.cbr.com/old-man-logan-22/
    and I like it!
    Art is fine!

For me it's the classic Wolverine.

I am not a fan of time displaced characters... and this apparently now goes for alternate reality versions staying... though I admit, I did enjoy Weapon X #1, but would have probably enjoyed it more if it was 616 Wolverine, because at the end with Sabretooth, the history there would have made more sense.
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

I too prefer the Old Man Logan version. I think it's because as I get older I can identify more with characters who have done some living. Also the 616 Logan was sometimes written as being more immature than someone who had been around for a century would act but that could be attributed to all the memory wipes. I just feel this version of Logan is more what I want from the character--someone who feels his age and is world weary and has some regrets but has no choice but to keep on going. Also I like that he doesn't wear a costume anymore which I never understood why he wore a mask in the first place--it's not he had a secret identity or worked a regular job. I hope he sticks around for a while and will always be present in the Marvel universe even if he's not appearing in 4 different titles.

I prefer OML because he gives off more of that old country western badass feel. I'm a sucker for that genre.. and it's one that we don't get much in Marvel comics. So he's definitely hitting that spot right now and keeping me from being in a rush to get regular Logan back.
    Ideas never die.

Quote Originally Posted by ArminTamzarian View Post
    I too prefer the Old Man Logan version. I think it's because as I get older I can identify more with characters who have done some living. Also the 616 Logan was sometimes written as being more immature than someone who had been around for a century would act but that could be attributed to all the memory wipes. I just feel this version of Logan is more what I want from the character--someone who feels his age and is world weary and has some regrets but has no choice but to keep on going. Also I like that he doesn't wear a costume anymore which I never understood why he wore a mask in the first place--it's not he had a secret identity or worked a regular job. I hope he sticks around for a while and will always be present in the Marvel universe even if he's not appearing in 4 different titles.
    Agree with all of this. Especially with Laura having progressed and taken the Wolverine mantle. Maybe it's partially because of how much I loved the Logan film too. But I'm enjoying this version of Logan more than I've enjoyed his character in quite some time.

I haven't seen the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    I haven't seen the movie.
    You should.
    Ideas never die.