Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

More FUN books?

YESSSSSS!

Should this thread just be renamed "Gotham Academy" discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Newsarama has a pretty cool article with the creative team for the book. I must say I am really intrigued by this book and think I will be putting it on my pull list. I am really impressed that DC had the guts to make the leading arc on this book female led.
    Loved the interview.
    Sounds like it's gonna have a sort-of Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys vibe to it.
    Cannot wait.

BTW... here's a few Gotham Academy/Batgirl wallpapers I put together to help promote them.
    I have Klarion in the one with Batgirl, also, because from what I've read so far it may be targeting the same audience.

The last time I read a DC title was back in the 90s with Young Justice. I have never been a big DC fan but I recently discovered Becky Cloonan's independent work and fell in love, so when I saw her name attached to this and read the premise it seemed like something I should give a chance. Seeing the art work really has me sold and the more I read about it the more excited I am for it. I am also glad that it is not going to be closely tied to the other Bat-books, as I would be so lost, as again I haven't read anything DC in over a decade.
    Thennary Speaks - Video reviews for comic books, anime & manga, J-pop and other topics

Not sure if this has already been posted, but Damn it's gorgeous.

http%3A%2F%2F33.media.tumblr.com%2F1f820113912d4a6eacd44ba59a5ad051%2Ftumblr_naq1du4B9b1rg2wsuo1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by cheesebiggins View Post
    Too pink for my tastes.

This is my first time hearing about this, but the art is stunning!

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan
    This is gonna be so excellent.
    The October-November Gotham books are gonna obliterate my wallet.

For some reason that first panel(of the hallway) makes me immediately think of Curse of Monkey Island... It may just be the palette/coloring style. I love the art, and I love the whole concept for the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesebiggins View Post
    Ugh so lazy.
    1408696281036.jpg
    BB

I love pink stuff and when girls are involved like it more...........

Really, throw Gotham into the title and Bat-Fans think they have to check it out. If this were called Super City Sleuths we would not be discussing it

Did I mention that Damn!!! That are is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Ugh so lazy.
    1408696281036.jpg
    I had no idea what you were saying at first, but it sunk in just now as I was about to type that I didn't get it...the plaid all matches up! Yeah, that is some lazy digital coloring, but still I like the over all look.

Whoa the art posted in this thread is amazing. Very much digging the Harry Potter vibe. I was already mildly interested because of Becky Cloonan's involvement, but I'm pretty sure this just became a must! Although I agree with @Billy Batson, those plaids are coloured kinda lazily lol -- nice catch btw, I didn't even notice at first!

It's kinda weird really, I've never had much interest in DC beyond the current Wonder Woman, but now with Gotham Academy and Batgirl they've suddenly got 2 series that I'm interested in -- and I've never even read any Batman-related titles! Think I'll just try them out, they're $2.99 too right? Some Marvel series are ending anyway (Superior Foes, Hawkeye), might as well try to replace them with something new (to me).
    Last edited by TotalSnorefest; 08-24-2014 at 04:31 PM.
    November 2014 favourite: ...And Then Emily Was Gone. Little mystery/horror gem set on a small Scottish island. Some fun local legends which I'm not sure if they're made up for this story, or are common local folk tales. Think Shutter Island, then add monsters; does our main character imagine them, or is nobody else seeing them...? (By Lees/Laurie/Wilson/Bell, through Comix Tribe).

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    Wow, really? This book just went from "eh, not my thing", to "holy shit, look at that art!". I may have to give this one a shot, now.
    Same here. Going to have to check this book out now