Page 518 of 659 FirstFirst ... 18418468508514515516517518519520521522528568618 ... LastLast
Results 7,756 to 7,770 of 9882
  1. #7756
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Well, it seemed that she hit a nerve. The Id didn't like being reminded that she was expendable. Hm, interesting. "So, that's a touchy subject for you," Sarada acknowledged. "Fine. Tell you what, you promise not to even suggest eating my tail again, and I won't bring that up again. Deal?"
    "That's enough."

    When Ochazuke spoke, the deep intonation of his words cut through the space between them, the escalation within the transport hold severed with a sense of stark dread. A terrible power spiked within him, the looming shadow of a fatal soul seeming to darken the aircraft cabin. Then as soon as it had manifest it receded, but for the hard eyes that drew a wall between the Id and the younger Saiyan.

    "The both of you are full of fire. Good. Do not waste it on each other."

    Serendipitously, it seemed the division of labour he'd idly considered had quickly become a necessity. There was heated competition afoot and they hadn't left the Lookout yet.

    "Save it for the fight to come instead of making empty wagers neither of you possess the means to realize."
    "Bleeeh......" Erosa growled in protest but throw herself onto her seat again nonetheless, rolling up like a cat and eyeing the transport wall with an annoyed expression.

  2. #7757
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    12,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Nothing on the Mafuba.

    Kevi failed to take the Lookout. When she tried she was sealed away via the Mufaba by the then apprentice guardian.

    On Fife, he has something called sealing, Elemental Spellcasting and psychic Spellcasting. The first two are explanatory, the second is physical manifestations of his psychic power into magic spells instead of using real magic. It’s very rare, powerful, and hard to describe. You suspect the crystalline barrier he had in the simulation was one such thing.
    As Ishtar palmed through each magical tome a few things of interest rose to the fore.

    Fife's magical ability was far more pronounced that had been assumed. The manifestation of his own psychic ability to affect physical change was ... rare. The apprentice guardian who had used the Mafuba was also of interest but no information of the sealing spell itself could be found.

    Working slowly then, Ishtar tried to see if there were any such tomes or scrolls to be found, that touched on it. While also keeping an eye out for works on the Coven that had summoned the Tulpa.

    OT: Is now looking into he Coven of the Grey Thorns
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 04-05-2018 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Premature post

  3. #7758
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Meagan, sitting in the co-pilot's seat, waited until they were in the air before standing up and addressing everyone...

    "Since we have some time before landing, I think now would be a good time to talk strategy. Of course, since Held is the Team Leader, he will have the last word." She then nodded to Held, before looking back at the others,"The way I see it we have three possible options."

    "Option one, we use stealth to infiltrate and search the base for the Dragon Ball as quickly as possible, trying to avoid direct confrontations with the enemy if at all possible."

    "Option two, we divide into two groups. The first groups goes in and creates a diversion, as much havoc and chaos and destruction as possible, giving the second group a chance to search the base without engaging the enemy."

    "Option three, all out war. We go in like a storm, tear up the base, take out everyone insides, than after neutralizing the enemy we search for the Dragon Ball."

    "There is a fourth, but I don't think we have the power to do it. That would involve somehow knocking out or incapacitating everyone on the base from a distance."

    "Thoughts?"
    "I vote for option one AND two..." Etrina stated quickly on concisely. "We've not the time or resources to effectively pull of option 4, and every possible contingency will devolve into Option 3 if handled without care so its best leave that as the last resort. As for my opinion..."

    Etrina leaned back in her seat. "As mentioned....if we throw our distraction too early they could hold it with just one of their heavy hitters long enough for the rest of move the ball to an even more secure location. Our best chance would be to have some of us sneak in and get information on the dragonballs location.....maybe some key infrastructure as well that could be set up for sabotage. That will add to the chaos when we spring our diversion......That being said, we've seem to have come up with jobs for the rest of our party. What would you have me do?" Etrina looked to Meagan quietly.

  4. #7759
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Royal Castle of Atlantica, High Court of Terra
    Posts
    15,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "I vote for option one AND two..." Etrina stated quickly on concisely. "We've not the time or resources to effectively pull of option 4, and every possible contingency will devolve into Option 3 if handled without care so its best leave that as the last resort. As for my opinion..."

    Etrina leaned back in her seat. "As mentioned....if we throw our distraction too early they could hold it with just one of their heavy hitters long enough for the rest of move the ball to an even more secure location. Our best chance would be to have some of us sneak in and get information on the dragonballs location.....maybe some key infrastructure as well that could be set up for sabotage. That will add to the chaos when we spring our diversion......That being said, we've seem to have come up with jobs for the rest of our party. What would you have me do?" Etrina looked to Meagan quietly.
    "What role do you see for yourself? You know your own abilities better than any of us." Meagan responded while thinking on Etrina's comments.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    GM of the Rumbler's League - Extended Hiatus
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

  5. #7760
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    We cannot go in guns full out. If we cannot locate the ball before showdown they could take the ball somewhere else or even get Wilss attention to return home as she has a flying ship. I stay close to my plan but I honestly say me and Mahon here crank up the violence to get people away from the ball. Timing is everything. Besides I am sure we can take on the general staff, but the two officers could provide hassles and we do not know insides of this base. Just the outside lay out.

    Not to mention we all have talents, make best of what we got. We attack when have to. If we fire first shot, make it count. If we are fired on first? Stick to staying alive while doing our job.
    Held sighed slightly as the various members of the team conversed. They all had valid points, equally worthy of consideration. Some part of him wished that he was made aware of his command before the final moment before departure. To simply pull rank and exert authority was always a possibility, but it was something the Nevadian was loathe to do, especially with such powerful personalities. It would likely do more harm than good.

    Still, it was a moot point at the moment. The last Intel they had was days old, although it would be updated when they reached their destination.

    Nonetheless, the Nevadian was thankful. Outside of Sasheem--Who Held miraculously managed to reason with, against all odds--the team assembled seemed to at least be on the same page. A polite conversation in regards to tactics was hardly anything out of the normal, especially outside of the battlefield.

    "Let's just see what we're dealing with." Held replied simply, "Adam's right, there's no point in talking ourselves into knots without knowing what we're dealing with. The goal is to get the Dragonball, everything else are just details, I suppose."

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "You weren't rambling, we need to consider all possibilities and options anyway. Have a plan, and a backup plan, and an escape plan. The more prepared we are the better. As for number four," Meagan looked around at the everyone, then back to Held, "It would require a large field effect. A wide ranging sleeping spell, or a massive concussive wave, or some kind of knockout gas. If I thought any of that was possible, I would have prepared for it before we left. Still, I thought I'd toss out the idea anyway."
    "It's not a bad idea." Held replied, nodding in agreement. It wasn't applicable in the moment, as Meagan admitted, but brainstorming always was helpful in discovering methods previously unconsidered. "It's a shame that my abilities are so specialized."

    She then sat back in her seat, "To be honest, there is a very good chance that they will somehow know we are coming. An experience I once went through before. If they do, they could be waiting for us as soon as we land. We might all get captured or worse. When we do land, I'd want to be the last one out. My invisibility could be an advantage if our team is ambushed. If the coast is clear, we can proceed as planned."
    "I see no reason to argue against that." Held said, nodding his head, "It's not a bad precaution, and I don't think your preference in exit order would do any harm, and it would be an asset, under less enjoyable conditions, as you said."

  6. #7761
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "What role do you see for yourself? You know your own abilities better than any of us." Meagan responded while thinking on Etrina's comments.
    "Hmm.....well....I doubt I could offer anything more to the distraction team. I could assist the infiltration team with sabotage efforts. A few well placed seals could remain concealed and be triggered at the right time. I may also be able to bypass security depending on what it entails." Etrina let out a sigh. "If only I had Erosas stealth......but I work with what I have..."

  7. #7762
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Royal Castle of Atlantica, High Court of Terra
    Posts
    15,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Hmm.....well....I doubt I could offer anything more to the distraction team. I could assist the infiltration team with sabotage efforts. A few well placed seals could remain concealed and be triggered at the right time. I may also be able to bypass security depending on what it entails." Etrina let out a sigh. "If only I had Erosas stealth......but I work with what I have..."
    "That would not be a problem. As long as I am in contact with you, I can make us both invisible. As far as Ki goes,. you'll have to work on suppressing that yourself. If you can." Meagan then looked over to Held, "Etrina and I can go in first, though I have seen Shiro do some impressive vanishing as well." she then looked over to the android.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    GM of the Rumbler's League - Extended Hiatus
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

  8. #7763
    Astonishing Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Nonono...I'm fine. I was just worried about you.......Do you not even remember what I.........." Etrina relaxed slightly. "Its fine, Listen...Your going to be fighting Battersea right? You've been training specifically to take advantage of that whole grappling weakness.....So, I want you to take this...."

    Reaching into her robe, Erosa produced a sheet of paper no larger then the palm of Zaos hand. The paper was yellow, slightly rigid and seemed treated by the slightly more resilient the regular paper. A Symbol was scrawled along its front that Zaofan wouldn't recognize.

    "If....your going to put yourself anywhere near Battersea in close combat, use this. I used the last of my dust catalyst to fortify the spellwork. Slap this on battersea anywhere you think he won't be able to reach when you grapple with him.....it should weaken him as long as it remains attached. If you need support, just ask Erosa."
    Zaofan had seen Etrina's work first hand countless times before. So such a parchment was sure to be a boon. "Oh! Etrina! Thank you! This really will come in handy!" The more he looked at the symbol, the more he came to realize certain things. The amount of effort that would go into this piece, the intellectual labor required for the spell, the sheer thought of giving it to him specifically. He was grateful, and he made sure to smile and look into Etrina's eyes to convey it.

    He knew what he wanted to do. The hum of the engines from both transports powering up made it a little easier to dismiss his urges. But that would be the easy way out.

    Etrina passed the sealing card to Zaofan, but gripped his hand for a moment longer and looked up at him nervously. ".......Zao.......I'm not...good with people. Being here with you and the others....its been a long time since I've been with so many. I'm.....weird. I like....weird things. That's who I am. But...You seem like someone who can accept that. That's why......when this mission....." Etrinas eyed widened as if she remembered something thing important. "Nonono.....almost raised a death flag......ahhh...hahah........."

    Etrina looked up into Zaofans eyes, still chuckling from her previous thought. "hehe....ehehehe......hehe.............."


    "......I love you....."

    Etrina put her hand on Zaofans shoulder, pulled herself up and gave him a kiss on his cheek.

    "That means you can't die......I'll make you my property, forever."

    Letting herself drop back down, she turned away to hide the bright red blush that was coming on to go with her smile. ".......Aha....Ahmm.........Good Luck on your mission."

    Steam was already coming out of her ears by the time she was walking towards the transport.
    Etrina took a few steps away, when Zaofan spun her around by the shoulder, held her for an instant, and returned the kiss to the lips. Then, he gave a prolonged hug -- arms that had wrestled one of the best fighters in the world yesterday, a back strengthened from years of lifting heavy slabs of meats and giant vegetables, worked together to provide warm comfort for both of them.

    "I... I don't know what I did last night. Or what happened. But this seems like the right thing to do right now. And we're both putting ourselves in danger."

    He relaxed his hug just a bit, but kept his hands wrapped around her back. He pulled back just far enough to look her in the eyes. "I won't go dying if you won't, either. We have to make it back. Besides, you still owe me a favor."

    "What do you say to that...Lady Etrina?"

  9. #7764
    Astonishing Member Lord Falcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Ride the......oh your no honestly suggesting...." Etrina contemplated the idea. "......well....it does eliminate footfalls and prints.........Sure."

    Etrina climbed up and rested herself on the floating robots lap. Using another person as a throne was rather weird....but it was serving a purpose in this case. "Ok.....from this moment on, no talking unless we've no other choice." Etrina paused, then moved her hand and pointed forward. "Lets go....."

    --------------

    Little Etrina poked her head through the garden entrance, tentatively eyeing the pathways beyond. It had been 15 minutes since her father had left her after his declaration, an air of heavy magic had descended upon the grounds around her. The general atmosphere and her fathers ultimatum had succeeded in putting some life back in her eyes over sleep, if only out of fear.

    The paths beyond lay quiet, dark....the moonlight allowed her to see the path straight ahead clearly, but the side paths were shadowy, unnaturally so. Yet....perhaps that was the key to remaining unseen....?

    According to her father....something was hunting her on the paths. If that was the case, as long as she stayed close to the shadows they wouldn't find her, and even if they did it was only a stupid training test....

    ...She rubbed the wound on her lip.

    Was that the first time he had hit her like that.....? It had to be......he may have been strict, but somehow....tonight was on a whole new level. Would he truly not let her leave if she didn't finish? How many times would he force her to do this?

    Etrina bit her lip without thinking. It stung, and soon there was a copper taste on the tip of her tongue. She.....had to endure it. For now she had to endure this trial. If she could....she could look for her mother, get away from this stuffy house and its stuffy rules. Get away from that look he always gave her now.

    Without hesitation she scampered to the right, down the shadowy path. Keep to the darkness.....she'd be safe in the darkness. That's where people always hide afterall. She kept low and quiet. Scampering like a mouse......scampering.....

    She turned a corner, the shadows grew darker......but that was fine. The darker the better.

    Scamper....Scamper....Scamper.....

    She turned around corner, darker still. The moonlight was bright here....shining down on.....




    ....the moonlight was so bright, directly overhead....

    So why were the shadows still there......?

    Too late.....The red eyes.....the teeth.....

    She was not safe in the shadows, in this place the shadows were the enemy.

    "AAAAAAAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!"

    She let out a scream, but it was drowned in the torrent of unnatural bestial howls as a dozen sets of teeth descended into soft flesh.
    Asha'rah felt the girl nestle into her lap, and without further ado she set off. Four orbs trailed behind her, an early warning system for her blind spot. She followed Etrina's directions as they went, getting a feel for the layout of the maze, the lighting, where enemies might spring from. They might eventually be forced to flee, but until then she would get them as far as she could unseen.

  10. #7765
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,111

    Default

    Etrina took a few steps away, when Zaofan spun her around by the shoulder, held her for an instant, and returned the kiss to the lips. Then, he gave a prolonged hug -- arms that had wrestled one of the best fighters in the world yesterday, a back strengthened from years of lifting heavy slabs of meats and giant vegetables, worked together to provide warm comfort for both of them.

    "I... I don't know what I did last night. Or what happened. But this seems like the right thing to do right now. And we're both putting ourselves in danger."

    He relaxed his hug just a bit, but kept his hands wrapped around her back. He pulled back just far enough to look her in the eyes. "I won't go dying if you won't, either. We have to make it back. Besides, you still owe me a favor."

    "What do you say to that...Lady Etrina?"
    "Ahh....Lady......?"

    The kiss had already caught her off guard, but the hug....and that deep look into her eyes.......and that sweet, submissive voice.

    "........Zaofan......Of course I'll live. Afterall..." She held his face in her hands and smiled.



    "I can't let you go unpunished after making my heart beat like that...Right....? Come back in one piece.....so I can punish you properly."

    She returned the kiss, tapped Zaofan on the forehead with a smile and trotted off to the transport with a new spring in her step.

  11. #7766
    Thumbs Up The Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Darkest recesses of my mind
    Posts
    1,954

    Default

    Shiro's pen danced over the blueprint paper as she sat at the back of the transport, having decided to get as much as she could down before they reached the location. Several more blueprints sat around her, including one of Midori and her's internal workings. Those blueprints were marked with notes of devices that went in certain places and also noted the paper that held the device.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

  12. #7767
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Royal Castle of Atlantica, High Court of Terra
    Posts
    15,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Shiro's pen danced over the blueprint paper as she sat at the back of the transport, having decided to get as much as she could down before they reached the location. Several more blueprints sat around her, including one of Midori and her's internal workings. Those blueprints were marked with notes of devices that went in certain places and also noted the paper that held the device.
    Meagan walked up to her, "Shiro? We need your input on a strategy for this mission."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    GM of the Rumbler's League - Extended Hiatus
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

  13. #7768
    Thumbs Up The Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Darkest recesses of my mind
    Posts
    1,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Meagan walked up to her, "Shiro? We need your input on a strategy for this mission."
    Shiro jumped as she turned to Meagan, startled out of her work as she said "Oh, Meagan! I-I'm sorry, I was just trying to get as much of this information down on paper as I can before the mission."
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

  14. #7769
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    12,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    As Ishtar palmed through each magical tome a few things of interest rose to the fore.

    Fife's magical ability was far more pronounced that had been assumed. The manifestation of his own psychic ability to affect physical change was ... rare. The apprentice guardian who had used the Mafuba was also of interest but no information of the sealing spell itself could be found.

    Working slowly then, Ishtar tried to see if there were any such tomes or scrolls to be found, that touched on it. While also keeping an eye out for works on the Coven that had summoned the Tulpa.

    OT: Is now looking into he Coven of the Grey Thorns
    In case it was missed.

  15. #7770
    I'm A Hugger Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Suplex City
    Posts
    8,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Jinzi nods and puts Slak’s staff in a Capsule.


    The ships take off, Held piloting the one and Jinzi the other. It would take about an hour and a half from the Lookout to reach a suitable place to land the ship for the raid team (close enough to quick hike there but far enough away not to get noticed). Meanwhile, Turtle Island was only about fourth-five minutes away, in the opposite direction from the raid group, for the Tournament group.
    And they were off for Turtle Island. If there were any sudden bouts of cold feet or nerves getting the better of someone, it was too late to act on them. They had crossed the point of no return.

    From this point forward, it was the mission, and nothing more. As she resolved to do prior to departure, Sarada closed her eyes and prepared to meditate to clear her mind of all distractions. But first,

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    "I cannot claim to be particularly good at strategy, but if I had to come up with something..." Slak closes his eyes and ponders for a moment. "Charco and Sarada both have powerful ranged attacks. They can use them to prevent anyone from getting too close to us."

    It goes without saying they should keep in mind the appropriate level of force for the tournament.

    "While keeping in mind the appropriate level of force for the tournament," he adds. "You and Midori can deal with the foes who manage to get close enough. I will provide support as needed. However, should I need to heal someone, I would appreciate if you could watch my back during the process. Healing does not necessarily take a long time, but it does take much of my attention."
    She nodded. Obviously, they were going to have to make it seem that they weren't working together, which called for a little improvisation. "I can agree to this."

    With that said, she closed her eyes and folded her arms across her chest.
    "I'm not a good guy. I'm not a bad guy. I'm THE guy!"

    - Roman Reigns, greatest champion in WWE history.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •