Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: The Multiversity, #1

The biggest adventure in DC's history is here!
    Join visionary writer Grant Morrison, today's most talented artists, and a cast of unforgettable characters from 52 alternative Earths of the known DC Multiverse! Prepare to meet the Vampire League of Earth-43, the Justice Riders of Earth-18, Superdemon, Doc Fate, the super-sons of Superman and Batman, the rampaging Retaliators of Earth-8, the Atomic Knights of Justice, Dino-Cop, Sister Miracle, Lady Quark, the legion of Sivanas, the Nazi New Reichsmen of Earth-10 and the latest, greatest Super Hero of Earth-Prime: YOU!
    Comprising six complete adventures - each set in a different parallel universe - plus a two-part framing story and a comprehensive guidebook to the many worlds of the Multiverse, THE MULTIVERSITY is more than just a multipart comic-book series. It's a cosmos spanning, soul-shaking experience that puts YOU on the frontline in the Battle for All Creation against the demonic destroyers known as the Gentry!
    In issue #1, pencilled by superstar artist Ivan Reis (AQUAMAN, JUSTICE LEAGUE), President Superman of Earth-23 uncovers a threat to all Reality so apocalyptic it will take a team of incredible heroes from across the Multiverse to face it - including Captain Carrot, like you've never seen him before!
    But even with a multitude of alternate worlds to choose from, where every variation is possible, can anyone hope to prevail against the onslaught of ultimate evil and undying hatred - in the unstoppable form of a one-time cosmic defender with unimaginable powers?! Join us, if you dare, for the beginning of THE MULTIVERSITY!

Full article here.

I like what I see here.

I guess this finally answers who the monkey in Final Crisis was.

da fuq did i just read?

what the hell

Trippy read.Very cool.

Is there a reason why DC is not using Milestone characters? I feel like the reason is oblivious to everyone, but me.

Wonder Woman X Superman Diana X Kal's Avatar

That... was very hard to follow.
    Wonder Woman <3

This looks like Final Crisis level craziness all over again. I'll take a big ol' pass, thanks.

I don't think I'm high enough to read this.

I seriously hope this won't get confusing like FC again.

Well then. That preview was....odd. I find myself intrigued. Then again, I have a certain fondness for Morrison's weird, crazy big ideas. Hopefully this is more Seven Soldiers than Final Crisis.

As for what the preview had itself, I dont see how people are confused. We're introduced to what is likely a swarm of reality-traveling parasites, perhaps something like termites on a multiversal scale (similar to the hyper-moth from 52). The last Monitor receives a warning in the shape of a comic book and upon investigation finds a dead world (earth-7 or whatever it was). We dont have any answers, granted, but its a preview (and of a first issue at that) so Im glad for that.

My only real concern is the price tag. Five bucks? I was complaining about on the Marvel board about how often they're starting to drop that price tag. DC and Morrison better be giving us our money's worth if they think I'll pay that much. Trade waiting is a lot cheaper.
    Higher, Further, Faster...More.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

My only real concern is the price tag. Five bucks? I was complaining about on the Marvel board about how often they're starting to drop that price tag. DC and Morrison better be giving us our money's worth if they think I'll pay that much. Trade waiting is a lot cheaper.
    This is an over-sized issue to kick it off. So it's got increased page count.

Nice art.

A pity that Morrison-chap is writing it.

Pass.

Really nice art.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

Oh god i'm really gonna enjoy this.

People who haven't read final crisis, good luck with this.
    Last edited by napolid; 08-13-2014 at 05:48 PM.
    Favourites: Fables, Batman, Grayson, Wonder Woman, Hawkguy, Red Lanterns, Hawkguy vs Deadpool