Super Moderator

Default "Teen Titans" Writer Will Pfeifer on Teenage Heroes, Social Media & Indie Rock Stardom

Will Pfeifer's "Teen Titans" gets modern with fictional tweets, posts and selfies, while Raven is poised to become an indie rock star.

Full article here.

I really liked this interview.
    I quite liked and enjoyed TT #1 and look forward to reading where Pfeifer and Rocafort take these characters...so far, the direction sounds really interesting. And while Nu52 Raven has not been my favourite at all (I greatly prefer the "classic" version) I am willing to see wot he does with her and keep an open mind.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

I thought he wrote Red Hood for like an issue or two.

Quote Originally Posted by shingi_70 View Post
    I thought he wrote Red Hood for like an issue or two.
    Three actually! Guess we're pretending that didn't happen now.

He said some good things here but his first issue really didn't do it for me and oftentimes writers say things that sound good but then are executed poorly. I'm also a bit worried about them going crazy with the "with fictional texts and tweets embedded right into the story's panels and pages". That could get out of hand really easily and it sounds like they might just be going a little overboard with it in an effort to make the team feel more "modern". I guess we'll see how the first arc pans out but I've not been overly impressed with any of his work thus far in the N52 and that's including the three issues of RHatO that he failed to mention here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    I don't know if he's pretending it didn't happen but I sure am. His issues were more fun than Tynion's for certain but that's about all I can say for them. I thought they were a bit of train wreck and full of plot holes myself to be honest.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 08-13-2014 at 04:10 PM.
    It was only after Bruce died that I realized what I could do for him....Honor him. Honor what he stood for. Take up the mantle of the Bat. The mantle of my son. Atone for my sins by helping the world. -Thomas Wayne E2 Batman

Never give up without a fight. - Inscription on Zuko's dagger-Avatar: the Last Airbender

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    I really liked this interview.
    I quite liked and enjoyed TT #1 and look forward to reading where Pfeifer and Rocafort take these characters...so far, the direction sounds really interesting. And while Nu52 Raven has not been my favourite at all (I greatly prefer the "classic" version) I am willing to see wot he does with her and keep an open mind.
    +1. I'm optimistic about the new creative team, and the direction they are choosing for TT. I wasn't blown away by issue 1, but I enjoyed it and it could've been (and we've seen) worse.

I'm hopeful the "downtime" and team connections outside of work are explored in this series, like the interview hinted at. That's some of what IMO made previous incarnations of the team so appealing. How they handle the team interacting and the level of "modernizing" with today's technology will be the deal breaker for me. Both if handled improperly will make or break this book.

I'd like to see Beast Boy fleshed out a bit more as he could be a really interesting character!

I think the social media angle can be used really well in a 'young people superheroes' comic (see: Final Crisis- Dance). I would really be happy if they would bring in Glorious Superbat and make him a Titan. Like, REALLY HAPPY.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    C'mon his incapable to shut up Lobo, who apparently forgot how Lobo actually talk, was one of the highlights of DC publishing history...of course only as a prove that even if you think that after double impact of Liefeld and Stalin nothing can violate a character more DC will always find a way.