Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
Results 301 to 308 of 308
  1. #301
    Mighty Member WonderScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,233

    Default

    I miss Cassie from pre-DCnU. We really need her back with a stronger connection to Diana (and Donna who needs some fixing too.) They'd never let what's happening to Cassie happen to the many Robins in the Batfamily - all still have a relatively strong connection to the Bat mythos.

    Anyway, I like the Injustice look for Cassie, minus the tiara and shoulder guard. I'm not caught up on this take of the character, but it doesn't seem like a look for her from her past characterization in the main DCU.

    Looking forward to the day we can have Cassie, Diana, Donna, Artemis, and Hippolyta all share in an adventure in the pages of Wonder Woman and have it make sense.

  2. #302
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Look East
    Posts
    644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I miss Cassie from pre-DCnU. We really need her back with a stronger connection to Diana (and Donna who needs some fixing too.) They'd never let what's happening to Cassie happen to the many Robins in the Batfamily - all still have a relatively strong connection to the Bat mythos.

    Anyway, I like the Injustice look for Cassie, minus the tiara and shoulder guard. I'm not caught up on this take of the character, but it doesn't seem like a look for her from her past characterization in the main DCU.

    Looking forward to the day we can have Cassie, Diana, Donna, Artemis, and Hippolyta all share in an adventure in the pages of Wonder Woman and have it make sense.
    You know I often wondered why is the Wonder family so diluted. Compared to the Superman and Batman families they are always apart for one reason or another that it's kind of hard to call Donna and Cassie Diana's apprentices. Heck the Young Justice Cartoon skips Donna thanks to the rights issue and goes straight to Cassie and we don't even get a glimpse of Diana training Cassie.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

  3. #303
    Mighty Member WonderScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    You know I often wondered why is the Wonder family so diluted. Compared to the Superman and Batman families they are always apart for one reason or another that it's kind of hard to call Donna and Cassie Diana's apprentices. Heck the Young Justice Cartoon skips Donna thanks to the rights issue and goes straight to Cassie and we don't even get a glimpse of Diana training Cassie.
    It's always been an issue of tell versus show with Donna, but Cassie had a decent connection with Diana when she first appeared/her pre-DCnU origin. It kind of dissipated over time though, comparatively to a Robin (Tim) or Superboy - both of which benefited from having their own books for a while.

    Jimenez and Simone and Rucka added Cassie to Diana's adventures for a few stories, so that was good, but so much of a Wonder Girl's characterization only happens in the team books (Young Justice, Teen Titans, Titans) they appear in because the Wonder mythos doesn't have the benefit of multiple Super and Bat books.

    I'd love to see another Wonder title happen, where Cassie could get some time to shine in relation to the Wonder stable of characters, concepts, and villains...and add to them.

  4. #304
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Look East
    Posts
    644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    It's always been an issue of tell versus show with Donna, but Cassie had a decent connection with Diana when she first appeared/her pre-DCnU origin. It kind of dissipated over time though, comparatively to a Robin (Tim) or Superboy - both of which benefited from having their own books for a while.

    Jimenez and Simone and Rucka added Cassie to Diana's adventures for a few stories, so that was good, but so much of a Wonder Girl's characterization only happens in the team books (Young Justice, Teen Titans, Titans) they appear in because the Wonder mythos doesn't have the benefit of multiple Super and Bat books.

    I'd love to see another Wonder title happen, where Cassie could get some time to shine in relation to the Wonder stable of characters, concepts, and villains...and add to them.
    Maybe DC ought to consider making a Wonder Girl dedicated to Donna or Cassie though at times I doubt they have the character strength carry a solo title. Or DC could revive Sensation Comics as a secondary Wonder Woman book and allow her cast which continues to b woefully underdeveloped a chance to shine. But with Donna there's just a simple solution that must occur at the right time so timing is everything can work in sync make sure she and Diana actually leave Themyscira from the very beginning I don't know why Greg Rucka didn't think of that when he wrote Year One.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

  5. #305
    Mighty Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I hope Cassie gets her Lasso of Lightning back. I always thought it was a cool weapon. I would love a solo title for Cassie.
    I liked the lasso she used after waking up her demi-goddess powers. It could zap people, but it wasn't the same one Ares gave her.

  6. #306
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Looking forward to the day we can have Cassie, Diana, Donna, Artemis, and Hippolyta all share in an adventure in the pages of Wonder Woman and have it make sense.
    Unfortunately, I think that will be a long time coming!

    I don't mind the Injustice costume. But, I'd like to see a proper "WW" on her chest / torso (instead of the odd, half-armoured "top" of the breasts gold plating). And the "W" belt could be swapped for an "A" similar to Donna Troy's Rebirth costume so that she has iconography from both Diana and Donna's costumes.

    The shoulder pads could be slimmed a little and the boots could use some gold shin plates (or similar) to help balance with all of the gold in the top half of the costume.

  7. #307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    I recently read the Super Sons of tomorrow arc, which included Cassie, it's very strange as it appears Raven and Beast boy didn't recognise her despite being in the titans with her. It could just be the multi-verse hyjinx but it definitely seemed odd. I wonder if Cassie has been wiped from memory as she has not appeared since rebirth at all.


    This is the scene I was referring to.

  8. #308
    U Got Me Str8 Trippin Boo nj06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post


    This is the scene I was referring to.
    Cool scan. This makes me really wish we could get the teen versions of Cassie, Bart, and Kon again. The Wonder Family needs to be more connected. The Super & Bat Families have tons of titles between and its a shame that the Wonder Family hasn't been as successful. I would love for Cassie to get her own solo title.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •