Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,650

    Default Box Office: "Turtles" Stays on Top as "Guardians" Passes $200 Million

    Two comic adaptations fight off newcomers "Let's Be Cops" and "The Expendables 3" and top the North American box office for a second week.


    Full article here.

  2. #2

    Default

    At the moment, it looks like Guardians of the Galaxy could contend for the top grossing movie of the year. It certainly deserves it. But I don't think it'll catch Captain America 2. Not surprised TMNT is doing well. Michael Bay's movies tend to do very well overseas even if they don't do well domestically. No matter what anyone says, talking turtles and robots sell well in any market.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!


  3. #3
    Senior Member Exciter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Guardians absolutely deserves all its success. I'm a bit surprised that Expendables 3 tanked so hard. I thought it was the best of the series.

  4. #4
    BANNED YoungThanos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    At the moment, it looks like Guardians of the Galaxy could contend for the top grossing movie of the year. It certainly deserves it. But I don't think it'll catch Captain America 2.
    If it continues to decline in 50% intervals it is quite possible that it could catch up with Lego and Cap2. Concidering that GOGT is only entering its 3rd week and Cap2 is on its 19th.

    This week from Mon-Sun Guardian's could see another $25M putting it past Fox-men and a few others.

  5. #5
    the devil's reject choptop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YoungThanos View Post
    If it continues to decline in 50% intervals it is quite possible that it could catch up with Lego and Cap2. Concidering that GOGT is only entering its 3rd week and Cap2 is on its 19th.

    This week from Mon-Sun Guardian's could see another $25M putting it past Fox-men and a few others.
    it has next to no competition for the next few weeks I can see it betting How to Train Your Dragon 2 but not cap2.

  6. #6
    BANNED YoungThanos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    it has next to no competition for the next few weeks I can see it betting How to Train Your Dragon 2 but not cap2.
    Sorry I was talking about domestic numbers.

    But as far as WW numbers go, GOTG could hit the $700M club with it's MCU neighbor Cap2 since it has yet to release in big spots like France, Germany or S. Korea which could make $30M each in those territories. Then there's China which could go $100M+ in October and another $10M in Japan.

    So "How to train your Dragon" shouldn't be an issue.

  7. #7

    Default

    No way would I ever have believed GoTG would end up being the years top comic book movie.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    At the moment, it looks like Guardians of the Galaxy could contend for the top grossing movie of the year.
    Not a chance. Mockingjay and the Hobbit finale will take the top 2 spots in that order.

  9. #9
    Hail To The King Legato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    No way would I ever have believed GoTG would end up being the years top comic book movie.
    To me. It's this year's Frozen in manners of doing better than I expected.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    Not a chance. Mockingjay and the Hobbit finale will take the top 2 spots in that order.
    Mockingjay will finish number 1 for the year, I might give GOTG number 2. The Hobbit took a big dip for the sequel and I think the last installment might take another smaller dip. I think people are getting tired of the franchise, domestically that is.

  11. #11
    BANNED YoungThanos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Ha!

    GOTG took the number 1 spot yesterday. I knew it was a mater of time. It clearly has longer legs than Bay's Turtle crap. Thus the people who wanted to see it has, meanwhile fans of Guardian's are going for the second and 3rd time bring family and friends along who haven't seen it.

    Sin City 2 will likely be #1 this weekend depending on reviews but GOTG should still stand tall at number 2 anything beyond that right now is meh.
    Last edited by YoungThanos; 08-19-2014 at 01:25 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •