Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Infinity Man and the Forever People, #3

The secret of Infinity Man threatens to splinter the Forever People! And back on New Genesis, Himon wants the team's Mother Box back at any cost!

Full article here.

The art is not that good. So both Highfather and Darkseid are tyrants...It's a different interpretation of what Jack Kirby did.

Oh my gawd, Jim Starlin himself is drawing the issue! What a treat! He's one of my favorite artists of all time!

Can't wait to find out more of this Infinity Man. Really digging his design.

Love this comic, and I can't wait to get my hands on it Wednesday!
    Inspired by SJNeal
    Was Comet Man.
    Member since Jan 2008.
    Forgot prior post count, but it was in the thousands.

Starlin draws 'Infinity man and tFP' 3 ... poorly

Eye of the beholder I guess, looks damn good to me.

Not Getting Any Younger Kikaider's Avatar

Love Starlin, and Grummet' issue was great as well. This book has been great so far. I certainly don't mind quest artists of this caliber.

BANNED

I was thinking about the New 52 Highfather this morning.

The New Gods always exist as a reflection of the DC Universe. In the New 52, even the good guys kinda act like bad guys, now. It makes sense that New Genesis isn't the bright and holy looking Pantheon it used to be. These characters were reborn in Flashpoint and they were rebooted/modified to exist in the New 52 universe. It makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikaider View Post
    Love Starlin, and Grummet' issue was great as well. This book has been great so far. I certainly don't mind quest artists of this caliber.
    You're not kidding. This book has the great situation of having 3 top level artists, each with their own dynamic style, doing the art chores. They're all so good, that it doesn't matter to me which artist we get each month. Being able to see Starlin doing art once every few months is a real gift to me. Just icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseReverseFlash View Post

The New Gods always exist as a reflection of the DC Universe. In the New 52, even the good guys kinda act like bad guys, now. It makes sense that New Genesis isn't the bright and holy looking Pantheon it used to be. These characters were reborn in Flashpoint and they were rebooted/modified to exist in the New 52 universe. It makes sense.
    I don't think the good guys kinda act like bad guys. We really haven't seen enough of New Genesis, but it looks pretty grand to me.

I don't know about this theory of yours.
    Inspired by SJNeal
    Was Comet Man.
    Member since Jan 2008.
    Forgot prior post count, but it was in the thousands.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseReverseFlash View Post

More like Highfather being the ultimate parent: very intrusive and demanding, even if s/he has the best intentions for you. Filter that through the lens of the Nu52, and you have a Highfather who is a bit of a jerk about it (kind of like Marvel's version of Odin).

BANNED

Highfather us not unlike Zeus, Odin, or Jehovah, now. His moral authority is absolute.

I do think its odd that he and his guards look like they're from Apokoilips now.